Request for Payment sent on 9th March 2006

intersimi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The concluded section used to have new entries daily, not the last entry was over a week ago! I would not call that "growing daily"

You're mistaken.

Because they get moved from "in progress" to "concluded", you can't see it immediately unless you go check each thread individually, because we (me at the moment) edit the post instead of adding a new post to the thread.

You actually mirror a thought I had that we should make it more obvious when this happens, maybe just by bumping. But I can tell you that I've been adding 1 or 2 a day each day.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, every time I go to the thread it looks like it is not updated. Maybe you should add 'concluded' to the post and that way it would go to the top. The thing is, the last edit was over a week ago looking at the "last edited" section of the 'concluded' forum

regards,

InterSimi

I think some people may just drift away once they have won their case which is a shame, but their prerogative, others may still feel a little intimidated by the banks and feel that due to the confidentiality clause in the settlement offer that they are unable to update the site.

I think that if somebody FAILED in their case, they would be back here and asking for advice at the double - I haven't seen anybody doing that yet.

That is quite true.

I was just feeling a little nervous after recieving my acknowledgment to defend and reading PrincessAphrodite's post where it show the banks defence.

regards,

InterSimi

I have a Gold Service account with LloydsTSB and as part of that £10 a month fee, I get holiday insurance, Mobile Phone Insurance, Motorbreakdown cover etc.

Well, my mobile phone was accidentally damaged and I telephoned LloydsTSB, who put me through to their mobile phone insurance provider, who in turn informed me that I needed to register my specific mobile phone with them before the insurance is active!

So to sum this all up. Lloyds is selling me a service for £10 a month, part of that service is mobile phone insuranmce cover. I was not told when taking out the Gold Service account, that I would have to register seperatly, all of the individual items they list.

I am sure it is in their "brochure" in small print somewhere, but what a [problem]. I bet they only pay the insurance cover to the insurance provider, when people register.

I asked the nice lady on the phone, if many people are in the same situation as myself, the lady said that quite a few people who phone in are in the same situation, but refused to answer my direct question of "do most peoppe who claim through LloydsTSB have the same response".

It is just another money making [problem] from LloydsTSB

• Confused 1

regards,

InterSimi

I have this service m8, and i didnt know i had to register my IMEI number and phone model with them before it would be insured.

Paid them a total of 8 payments of £10 then found out i had to register, another £80 for TSB for doing nothing !!

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Statements recieved 5th May 2006

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Moneyclaim filed issued 6th June (14 days to reply) Time up on 20th June.

Acknowledged 15th June (28 days to defence)

Time up on 13th July.

Defence Recieved 7th July

Going Before the Judge 15th September

Court Date 5th December

Ummm actually I'd have to say something here.

They offer you the service, they also sent you a letter telling to to phone them and register your phone, at least thats what I got which seems reasonable to me as they don't have a clue who wants the insurance or what phone they have to insure either.

Also with regards to the travel insurance they seemed to be quite efficent when I phoned them up to ask about that when I went to south africa last year which I know would have cost me more than the £10

In effect if you take em up on all their offers you're actually making a killing, so it's only your fault they're making money out of you, you signed up to it after all.....

And while we're on the subject of links to things:

Clicky

Particular point of interest

Your cover starts 15 days after successful registration of your phone. Please note that if you change your phone or network provider in the future, you will need to call us again with your new details, or you will not be covered.

Don't get me wrong I know LloydsTSB are bastards usually believe me I know, but this isn't one of those cases, it's just you guys not paying attention or looking at the print thats right in front of you..

I have to say, I was not informed about any additional steps that I would have to take. I was not asked to phone them about registering my phone, I have not been asked about what car I drive or anything of the sort. I can only assume, I need to register my car also for the AA to take effect.

I am sure you would make a killing if only everyone was informed as well as you.

The lady on the insurance hotline, put me under the impression that the majority of people who telephone, did not have a clue as to the fact that they have to register their handsets/cars etc

regards,

InterSimi

The thing is it's like this

How did you find out about the mobile insurance in the first place ?

How did you find out about the AA cover ?

Somehow someone or something somewhere has told you about it, they're not stupid enough to just add something to your account without letting you know somehow.

Do you think they're psychic or something, do you think they're just gonna have some Joe off the street phone em up and go "yeah I've got the best phone on the market, give me a replacement please"

Sorry it's common sense, you found out about the service just haven't read the details when you did.

As for being informed I just did a single click beyond what you posted to get that information.

Have you seen all the information about all of the services you get? Granted, if you read all of the details you will understand. The majority of people don't read ALL of the T&C's

The AA for example. You are only covered a certain distance away from your house. I bet if you were to sign up for the AA thing, you would not know unless you read the T&C's about this, until you need them!

My whole point, is that the majority of people who would use the phone insurance are unaware of the fact that they have to pre-register their phone. I for one, was not informed verbally, albeit, it was probably in the small print.

LloydsTSB can afford to offer all this for £10, because they know that the majority of customers are unaware of the conditions and hence do not qualify, and hence cost LloydsTSB nothing.

regards,

InterSimi

I agree it is comon sense to think they wont give you a top notch phone at your request, but inter has hit the nail on the head, TSB have done this because they know most people wont read reams and reams of t & c's.

They know that until the customer phones up for advice that they have clicked months of £10 ers.

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Statements recieved 5th May 2006

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Moneyclaim filed issued 6th June (14 days to reply) Time up on 20th June.

Acknowledged 15th June (28 days to defence)

Time up on 13th July.

Defence Recieved 7th July

Going Before the Judge 15th September

Court Date 5th December

LOL Christ listen to yourself for a moment

You think they have the manpower to phone you up and go "hello sir, we've given you mobile insurance, you just have to phone up and insure your handset"

No no they don't is the answer to that, they did send you a letter telling you that your account charge was going up (I wasn't happy about that when I read it) and the "benefits" you get with it, I also phoned them up and found out that I can't take the AA insurance because I already take out independant AA cover that covers me all over the place.

Sorry but you can't expect them to spoonfeed you information, this whole forum wouldn't exsist if they were like that, as I said Lloyds are assholes, I suspect over the past 6 years they've charged me over 4 grand, next month I'm expecting a total of £70 of bounced DD charges for a 5 and a 10 pound DD both of which bounced due to bad planning, they are assholes.

This one however is a simple case of if you're not sure about something, find out some information about it.

It's NOT reams and reams of T's and C's though

You look through the list and go "oh I need this, I don't need this" and look up the one you want and act on them surely, or am I missing something here ?

• Confused 1

Merly, like I was saying, hinde sight is 20-20.

I found out about the insurance because the bank told me about the "great benefits", like mobile phone insurance, holiday insurance, cheaper loans. Not once did they inform me about the additional steps I would need to take.

regards,

InterSimi

The thing is, I thought I was sure.

Pay £10 a month, get Holiday Insurance, AA Cover, Mobile Phone Cover, Cheaper Loans, Free £100 overdraft

Simple huhh?

They certainly made it seem simple when they offered it to me.

I can see what you are saying, it is all in the T&C's. But then again, so are the bank charges.

Use a little common sense yourself. Common sense would point out that the banks are correct in charging what they do, because wouldn't they be stopped in their tracks otherwise? Common sense would say yes. You knew about the charges before hand as it is clearly laid out in their terms and conditions, which you have already clearly indicated, you read. Common sense would say "well, you have been paying charges for a number of years and did not see fit to ask for them back".

My point is, common sense does not appear to be all that common with most people, making it pretty much uncommon in this case :)

regards,

InterSimi

OK , I have had another response from Lloyds, this time directed to my wife!

I am claiming back on my joint account, and I have gone £50 over my authorised overdraft again. Bearing in mind, I have been with LloydsTSB since 1991 and have never had a letter like this. They sent a letter to my wife stating that they will close the joint account down unless I brought the account back into credit.

To my wife suprise, we were £1000 in credit, as I had noticed the overdrawn account and brought it back into credit again.

Now, we ALWAYS recieve two letter from the joint account, one for my wife and one for me. This time, the letter was directed just at my wife, and they did not include me at all.

Do you think that this is their way of scaring people in to giving up, in case I have not told my wife about what was going on???

You thoughts would be welcomed.

regards,

InterSimi

intersimi, i just realised we have the same timeline. however they haven't yet acknowledged mine and I am hoping to get the judgement tomorrow. GOOD LUCK and great stuff with bbc btw.

also this might be useful for everyone.

I just read on moneyclaim that "if you request a judgement by default before 9 am it will be dealt with today, if you ask for it after 9am it will be dealt with the next day".

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks