DAP Request on Birmingham Midshires???

blackrain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sold a flat in April 2001 and paid a redemption fee for ending the mortgage 2 years into a five year tie in.

I remember the amount being around £2500 but would need to get some form of statement to find the exact amount.

Can I do a DPA request on Birmingham Midshires in the same way that I can for bank account details???

I believe that redemption fees that do not reflect the actual costs incurred by the Mortgage Companies are unenforceable in much the same way that bank charges are so I'm going to take this one all the way.

Will have to get one of those footer things detailing my claims as there are going to be a few!

Hi Blackrain,

I got stung for 15k and am trying to find out about whether early redemption fees are legal or not. It seems to be a grey area. All I did was switch to a different mortgage but with the same company. Can it really cost them 15 or, in your case 25k? Like you, I feel that we should be able to reclaim them, but with such high amounts, do you need to split the claims to 5,000 to stay within small claims? I think this might be a harder nut to crack than the more straightforward bank charges. Anyhow, good luck, I'll post any new info here.

Paul