Acer Aspire 5920G

Adam5920
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

In need of some advice urgently.

Around 3 weeks ago i bought the above laptop from Comet and unfortunatly since last night it will not power on any more at all. I have all my data stored on this laptop and i really do not want it to be sent off for repair as i will be without a computer which is a big disruption for me.

With the laptop only being this old, am i entitled to having the product swapped for another? or a full refund? I dont believe something not even a month old has already gone faulty on me and i'd rather either receive a refund or a new unit alltogether, as what is to stop this unit failing again?

Please can someone advise asap?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you didn't get a reply, I only saw this now.

I believe Comet has a 30 day return policy, so yes, you should be able to get a straight refund.

Or you could say that you reject the goods under SOGA, and get straight refund. SOGA says you have a "short time" to reject goods, what constitutes "short time" is debatable.

Either way, you shouldn't have too many difficulties, as long as you stick to your guns.

what constitutes "short time" is debatable.

their 30 day policy is the short term for acceptance.

online retailers give 14-28 day to inspect and accept goods due to the fact you cannot fully see or inspect item before purchase. retail stores are different, because of display items on show this can be as little as 7 days which is acceptable by law but most retailers have longer as a store policy

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

the time for acceptance is a matter of fact and is for a court to decide (as Bookworm says). We can only hazard a guess at it. The distance selling regs do give a time period for refund due to the fact that it cannot be sen before purchase, but seeing something instore is not the same as trying it out at home.

Stores return policies are ADDITIONAL to statutory rights and do not override them. If your claim is under legislation, then it does not matter a squat what the store policy is. Legislation overrides it.