ge money !! returning the favour

oggy1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to you all,

this will take some sorting out.

i still have the mortgage with ge but what the heck!!

breif outline: they have taken me to court a couple of times, applied loads of charges over the last 20 years, cashed my endownment policy without my signature in 1997.

the balance outstanding is £2000 different to what they want to remortgage and now they have found a " floating " account , which is mine and is in arrears.they cant give me exact details for some reason.

any suggestions would be appreciated !!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

have sent SAR today by recorded delivery

i am waiting for all the information on this and i have spoken to ge about the policy and they said asit was tied to the mortgage they have the right to cash the policy in without my say so

i think this is going to be interesting.:wink:

i am waiting for all the information on this and i have spoken to ge about the policy and they said asit was tied to the mortgage they have the right to cash the policy in without my say so

i think this is going to be interesting.:wink:

I think you might be right, cant wait to hear what they say about it.

Brecken xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...
had a reply today to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to ge money.

i am amazed !!!

they will supply me statements free of charge if i want a full subject access request and could i let them know ?

im confused , i thought i had asked for that already.:rolleyes:

A lot of the SARs say

Alternatively, a full set of statements will be acceptable, or words to that effect.

Maybe they are refering to that.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone,

had a response today at last, asking if i can confirm by return if i require a full sar and they will supply in the timescales if required.

i must be mistaken , isnt that what the sar required in the first place.?????????????

had a parcel of documents today, very badly packaged, royal mail tried to seal the envelope.

i am disgusted the way they have sent important info out like that.

anyway they have been running another account in connection with my mortgage account with approx £1350 owing.

they seem to have started this in 1993/4 and called it a projected balancing account .

i would be gratefull if anybody has ever heard of this before.

they are saying it is money that i owe on top of my mortgage.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

sorry for not responding earlier but been really busy on other cases.

i cant remember signing any deed of any description and under the full sar i requested all the documentation relating to this transaction and they just dont respond.

If they haven't sent you all documentation as a request of a SAR within the timescale you can report them to the ICO via their website. I would write again to GE Money that they haven't complied within the timescale and that they have left you no alternative but to report this matter to the ICO. The ICO did intervene with one of my cases, Morgan Stanley, for not complying to a SAR. Alternatively, fill in an N1 court claim form.

sorry for not responding earlier but been really busy on other cases.

i cant remember signing any deed of any description and under the full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) i requested all the documentation relating to this transaction and they just dont respond.

OGGY is this a first mortgage with GE or a secured loan with GE (second charge)

It would be worth your time filing a complaint with Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS) explain the qwhole thing to FOS and ask them to lok right through the whole matter from beginning to end.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/form/mortgage-endowment-questionnaire.doc also read FAQs mortgage endowment complaints

GE can't do this and write saying the charges are in the contract they are wrong. You've given them opportunity to respond and put matters right - they are still pulling wool over your eyes - so NOW you go FOS and get the whole thing sorted properly - you'll be surprised at the outcome.

Do not remortgage till you have the outcome of an FOS investigation - you will find GE will soon be placing you on their marketing lists to send you flyers encouraging you remortgage at a cheaper rate and they'll phone offering you the same - ignore and decline any such offers till you've had proper answers from FOS. There will be more in your favour to get this investigated completely.

Send with your completed complaint form copies of any relevant papers as far back as you can go and a copy of your agreement & statement etc.. try give FOS as full a picure as you can.

My CCA skeleton argument to use in court -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/115280-useful-information.html

Useful Letters (CCA request is letter N)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

CAG A-Z list of useful places in CAG -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Introduction to Consumer Litigation -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

CABOT THREADS -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131321-cabot-threads.html

ALWAYS SEEK A PROFESSIONAL OPINION FROM QUALIFIED ADVISORS - any advice offered is from my own experience and knowledge - I am NOT qualified.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the advice , as i have some time now i will do as you suggest and report ge finance.

this was a mortgage in its own right with first national , which was part of ge finance.

they then renamed first national to ge , still at the same address.

• 2 weeks later...

i have written to ge capital 5 times giving 7 days to respond to the missing documentation and i have not even had an acknowledgement let alone a proper reply.

i am going to issue a court claim under the data protection act.

• 2 weeks later...

issued a claim under the data protection act and recived a letter from ge today to pay the whole amount, no mention of supplying the requested documents though.

• 4 weeks later...

have recieved a cheque from ge to prevent court action with an assurance they will supply the requested documents.

if i accept the payment and they dont comply can i start court action again for the same thing.

• 11 months later...

hi

back with the mortgage charges, now after many letters they will not refund the charges as they are applied within the terms and conditions.

i have had a copy of the deed of assigment and i did not sign it, they say the mortgage agreement gives them the right to cash in the endowment when it falls into arrears.

any ideas would help on my long battle.

thanks.