PE web appeal. **Won at POPLA**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I decided to appeal my invoice through the website, which in this day & age should be easier for both parties.

You get no confirmation that it has been received & told that it could take upto 10 days to get a paper reply..

Well 10 days are up & what I received today was a reminder notice! Discounted till,er, today...

I shall send a paper appeal in tomorrow.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The plus side is that any attempt to say that your appeal email wasnt received will be destroyed by the balance of probability threshold for evidence. If anyone else has had the sam thing all they have to do is post up here and if it happens more than twice then there is a problem for PE, not the appellant. You can add my appeal to your one but since 35 days arent up there is not a lot to say about it at the moment that can be used against them.

The plus side is that any attempt to say that your appeal email wasnt received will be destroyed by the balance of probability threshold for evidence. If anyone else has had the sam thing all they have to do is post up here and if it happens more than twice then there is a problem for PE, not the appellant. You can add my appeal to your one but since 35 days arent up there is not a lot to say about it at the moment that can be used against them.

Will have to wait till next time, I've just posted paper appeal!

2 letters from the Eye today! 1st letter states that my 'appeal has been referred for further information'

2nd letter is the commercial justification one. Only skimmed through it but seems to be all about wins at court for the eye regarding GPEOL...

Doesn't mention any wins at POPLA though.

'As we do not know the drivers name or current postal address,if you were not the driver at the time,you should tell us the name and current postal address'

That's the info they want..

Well you may as well tell then rather then playing grandmothers footsteps

After all you will win at popla

Now why would I do that?

If you don't or if you don't appeal as the rk they will just stall and could risk not getting a popla code

I personally don't subscribe to the whole writing appeals in the third person. But that's just my opinion ,knowing tht I'll win at popla.

How you play it is up to:) I just like to get the popla code asap rather then wasting time

I could of course be wrong....

My parking charge has been placed on hold for 14 days apparently ,which means I should get NTK 29 days+14 after issue. we will see...

I think however now u have appealed u won't get an ntk though..... But not 100% sure....

Who's appealed then? I appealed as reg keeper,they want driver,I have no obligation to give that,so they have to chase reg keeper,who has already appealed... So they cancel charge or give POPLA code.

Who's appealed then? I appealed as reg keeper,they want driver,I have no obligation to give that,so they have to chase reg keeper,who has already appealed... So they cancel charge or give POPLA code.

Nice one armadillo!

Edited by ims21

If you don't or if you don't appeal as the rk they will just stall and could risk not getting a popla code

I personally don't subscribe to the whole writing appeals in the third person. But that's just my opinion ,knowing tht I'll win at popla.

How you play it is up to:) I just like to get the popla code asap rather then wasting time

I could of course be wrong....

In my opinion everything that you say is WRONG.

Well you may as well tell then rather then playing grandmothers footsteps

After all you will win at popla

You've changed your tune somewhat, only the other day you were loudly declaring 'that nothing is definite'

Why should the OP admit to being the driver? The point is moot as he/she is appealing the invoice

My advice is to never admit anything as once it's been said you can't retract it

Also if PE decide to do court on this one and start shouting that the OP has admitted being the driver when they haven't, it helps to discredit PE further in court

On the letter asking for more information, it states 'As you have said you were not the driver' when I have said no such thing....

If this one goes to court then it's well worth pointing that out, do not deny or confirm, just state that you have made no such statement

One thing I know from court experiences is that Judges do not like presumption or assumption in any evidence or statements

PE really need some professional help with their letters and invoices as their current staff don't seem capable.

Looks like they are stalling on POPLA code.

As I'm appealing as reg keeper they have to give it don't they, as I've already said I'm under no obligation to name driver...

Yep, busy sending out reams of scary letters to frighten you into coughing up but no proper rejection of appeal and POPLA code though. Not enough space to write a treatise on their claims but will try and collate something when I have had responses from some of the people I have contacted regarding their right to form a contract with the customer of the ownr of the parking place. Not straightforward as the best quote I have had so far is "contracts are for people to enter into and judges to determine."