Burt vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I'm new here, so be gentle.

Just started the claim process as the Halifax have recently decided to charge me £39 x2 for failed DD's. I am also expecting a charge of at least £28 for these charges making me overdrawn.

I've been a good boy for the past year or so, but before that I sort of wasn't.

I therefore sent in a DPA request today. Registered delivery and a crossed PO for £10.

Can't wait to start to looking through 6 years worth of statements.

I shall let you all know of my progress

Robin

Joint acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06, some statements received 24 Oct 06 - £264 so far! Prelim sent 26 Oct 06. here

Bills acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06 - £957 so far. Prelim sent 31 Oct 06

Old Student Account - £1082.49 charges and contractual interest - Prelim sent 01 Nov 06

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct 06 here

Monument - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct 06 here

Wifes old Lloyds TSB - Gonna nail 'em

• 2 weeks later...

Posted SAR recorded on 6th Oct and as of today, Royal Mail still haven't delivered it. Nothing on Track and Trace. Even rang Halifax head office and 'they haven't received it'.

Don't know who's worse...HBOS or RM...!

Joint acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06, some statements received 24 Oct 06 - £264 so far! Prelim sent 26 Oct 06. here

Bills acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06 - £957 so far. Prelim sent 31 Oct 06

Old Student Account - £1082.49 charges and contractual interest - Prelim sent 01 Nov 06

Guest bluecloud

I wouldn't worry too much.

Not all "track and trace" items are properly tracked or traced. Even though you paid you recorded delivery premium the letter has been posted and accepted by Royal Mail. In effect you have a paid-for certificate of posting. (I once sent a packet via 9.00am Special Delivery and Royal Mail "lost" if for nearly a week - thankfully the person we sent it to confirmed they had received the package on the day they were supposed to.)

The Courts allow 2 days for mail to be delivered. So as far as your timetable is concerned then start counting your 40 days from 8th October.

If you're really concerned then you can report the item lost to Royal Mail but you have to wait 14 days to do so.

The Halifax may well have received the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) but as you're questioning the successful delivery then it could be suggested that the Halifax are being economical with the truth as it allows them extra time to comply.

It may well be worth writing to them again. Something along the lines of:

Your Address

x

x

x

x

Miss L. Lumb

Data Protection Consultant

HBOS plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Date

Dear Miss Lumb

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have so far failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

I respectfully remind you that the Data Protection Act grants you only 40 days to comply with a request submitted in accordance with the Act. You now have only (insert number of days) days remaining before this period expires.

In order to avoid unnecessary delays my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request was as follows:

* Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

* Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

* If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

I have already despatched the required fee of £10.

Yours sincerely,

teethgrinder

It may not have the impact of some letters but it allows you to give the bank a nudge without having to waste money on telephone calls.

Thanks for that info and letter...It cheered me up, especially after learning that the council are extracting £320 - this month! - on an attachment of earnings (swear font)

Hope it's not 'Karma' for me wanting to nail HBOS!

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Received statements for joint account, and they owe me £264! A little disappointed it's not more, but that is what the bills account and possibly my old student account is for...

Prelim letter and schedule of charges will be sent tomorrow. I'm going to do to them what they did to me.:D :D :D

Robin

Received statements for joint account, and they owe me £264! A little disappointed it's not more, but that is what the bills account and possibly my old student account is for...

Prelim letter and schedule of charges will be sent tomorrow. I'm going to do to them what they did to me.:D :D :D

Robin

Sent the prelim for the joint account today

And...just received statements for the bills account - £957!:eek: Therefore the prelim for this will be sent tomorrow.

Also requested statements for my old student account from the local branch. The laydee behind the counter wanted to know why I wanted them, but just said that I was replacing ones I lost in a fire...

Robin

Ouch... that is harsh.

Give it to them, in a financial deliverence stylee :eek: :eek: :eek:

Righty...Old student account was interest free until I left. OD is £750. Can I claim all interest as debited as well as charges as notified, or just the portion of the interest for the amount over the OD limit?

Thanks,

Robin

All info I needed was in the complex spreadsheet from Vampiress (thanks in abundance)...

Added up £589 charges and £493.49 in interest accrued when account over OD limit. Prelim for £1082.49 being sent tomorrow!!!

Come on :D

Robin

Had a letter from Halifax regarding old student account - claiming £1082.49 - they have offered £330:lol: :lol: :lol:

Going to write back accepting partial payment and ask for the remainder tomorrow.

Also seems strange how joint account claim was 'dealing with you as quickly as possible' and this one 'here's £330, go away'

Robin

Well now..The Halifax turned down my kind offer of allowing them to repay all of my student claim (£1082) and not just £330.

Guess it's LBA next :grin:

Why do they do this to themselves? It'll cost them more in fees!

Robin

• 1 month later...

I have so owned the Halifax...!

Joint account - £264 paid into account this afternoon!

Bills and old student account - Acceptance of £1921 sent on 6th Jan - hopefully cash will be in at the end of the week.

Basically, as I couldn't do MCOL with Visa Electron, I rang up Customer Services and asked if there was any way it could be sorted without going to court as the courts were shut until 27th Dec. Guess what - they settled!

I think they are learning that going to court costs more in fees and interest!!!

Thank you very much CAG for all your help!

Teethgrinder