So Glad I found this site in time

Ell-enn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ODC, thanks for the tickle - and for the suggestion - consider it done 1st thing in the morning, though I'll probably say they could come through HR (in confidence of course) if they don't own a PC or have computer skills.

The more people who know about this site the better. Tell your friends spread the word and destroy the DCAs:D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ell-enn - What a fantastic post - well done! When I read this, I had tears in my eyes - I was very close to an eviction order myself - many moons ago:oops:

Originally Posted by Ell-enn

Given my experiences over the last couple of days - I've decided to enrol on a consumer law course

Wow - you are definitely on my Christmas Card list:D

ODC, thanks for the tickle - and for the suggestion - consider it done 1st thing in the morning, though I'll probably say they could come through HR (in confidence of course) if they don't own a PC or have computer skills.
All I can say is

GISSA JOB

You seem like good person to work for

Brassed Off -couldn't just let the guy sit back and take it - it got me mad to think he could be that frightened and not able to speak about it. Having felt that sickening fear of debt myself in the past (and present) ... just had to go for it and hope to god it would work. Won't even think twice if there's a next time........

More power to the CAG!!!!!

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

ODC - you been making suggestions again?:o

BO, leave ODC alone! at my age any suggestions are welcome (well, almost!)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

oooooooh Ell-enn, what a lovely thing to do, & for an employee, all the HR I have ever known have always had a rotten attitude. You have restored my faith in the HR dept.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well done, Ell-enn. You truly have a heart of gold.

bear_applause_cuddlecards.gif

:) :) :)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

oooooooh Ell-enn, what a lovely thing to do, & for an employee, all the HR I have ever known have always had a rotten attitude. You have restored my faith in the HR dept.

Ja-de, as I said previously - I think you need to have had some trauma in your own life before you can recognise it in others. Incidently - most HR departments are management driven, rather than employee driven. If they have a horrible attitude - look to the top management and question how they want their HR run - that's where the change will have to be made. All CIPD qualified HR practitioners should know that the first rule in personnel management is "fairness for all" .

• Haha 3

Well Done !! you are a shining ezample of what this site is all about.

littleangel.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Ja-de, as I said previously - I think you need to have had some trauma in your own life before you can recognise it in others. Incidently - most HR departments are management driven, rather than employee driven. If they have a horrible attitude - look to the top management and question how they want their HR run - that's where the change will have to be made. All CIPD qualified HR practitioners should know that the first rule in personnel management is "fairness for all" .

Ell-enn, you've really touched a chord here. Currently, most people here are fighting for fairness. I hope your thoughts reach the people who are making us fight for any kind of rights in this nasty 'industry'. The debt collectors must have thought they had full access to all the sweet jars in the sweetshop. Must have been a stinking shop.:mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

I'd like to say it's all in a days work etc - thankfully it isn't !!!! I hope I don't have to deal with that kind of thing again for a while - but I know who to turn to now....................

It's also made directors and management more aware of the possible causes of employee absence and I've got their backing all the way in the promotion of employee welfare. Although I have to say we have always tried to help our employees if they have problems - of course, that's if they tell us in the first place!!

Poster went up in canteen this morning advising of CAG - if it points only one person in the right direction it will be brill.........

You should calculate how much benefit this employee's presence brings to the company then ask your bosses to make a donation to CAG ;):p

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I've a feeling a donation will be coming CAG's way very soon...............

I'd like to say it's all in a days work etc - thankfully it isn't !!!! I hope I don't have to deal with that kind of thing again for a while - but I know who to turn to now....................

It's also made directors and management more aware of the possible causes of employee absence and I've got their backing all the way in the promotion of employee welfare. Although I have to say we have always tried to help our employees if they have problems - of course, that's if they tell us in the first place!!

Poster went up in canteen this morning advising of CAG - if it points only one person in the right direction it will be brill.........

Excellent, I am sure you are going to be a great asset to your company. :)

Livelylad - I've been here 17 years (10 in HR capacity) - so I think they're used to me now............. (I'm usually "banging a drum" about something that's not right or fair!!)