bt broadband too far from exchange box

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there we have been waiting for broadband for years all the villages all around us have broad band but we dont apparently our house is too far from the exchange box so we cant have it, is this right i thought everyone was gonna get it now it looks like we will never get it and we pay more for dial up so it is costing us money .does anyone know what we can do to make them put it in for us please ....

There is nothing you can do but keep moaning at BT to upgrade your exchange. There are some other (and little more expensive ways) to get the internet including:

Cable

Satellite

3G mobile phone (full internet connection your computer to a 3g device)

Unfortunately there are limits on technology and whilst this is improving all the time if you really do live too far away there is nothing bt can do.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, i am a telcoms engineer. Whats the name of the village where you are? i can check the exchange and when line upgrade is due to be scheduled.

hi there our village is called adlingfleet near goole that would be great if you can find anything out it is driving us mad thanks again ......:)

Hi. I and my neighbours had the same problem though only 4 miles from the exchange. In Northern Irleand BT have a contract with DETI (Department of Trade and Industry) to supply a broadband service to everyone who wants it. If this can't be done by ordinary BT cables they have to do it by satellite and the heavily subsidised installation charge is only £70. Have been on BT satellite broadband for 2 years now and service is good but a bit slow in wet or foggy weather.

Worth noting that if you live in the sticks enough to not get broadband, I would very much doubt that you would get a strong enough 3G signal to get 3G broadband either.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Right, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the 21CN in your area is 2009 completion date.

ADSL status: green.gif Enabled as of 07/05/2003 ADSL Max status: green.gif Enabled as of 31/03/2006 SDSL status: red.gif Not available 21CN PSTN switchover target: Q3 2009However, virginmedia are trying to get cable in your area by march 2008. Not to good news i know, but better than waiting till 2009