offered partial refund, what next??

yuenyi888
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi just received my s.a.r request back from mbna, saying they dont agree with the oft report and that their charges are fair blah blah blah. Have offered me £520 from a possible £1134. they said i will get the cheque in the next 10 working days. should i wait for the cheque, cash it then ask for the rest or should i just ask for the entire total straight away? need some advice urgently as i, not sure which steps to take next.

regards, yuenyi

You should write accepting their offer as a partial settlement of your claim but telling them that you will continue the claim for the rest and will take them to court if necessary.

hiya thanks for the advice. i just wanted to know the likelihood of mbna seeing this through to the end. i dont really want to go to court again, been through it with loydstsb (case stayed). is there a template for the next next letters to send?

regards, yuenyi.

MBNA did the same to me, made a partial offer at the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) stage. I calculated the charges and sent them a prelim letter. At the bottom of the prelim letter I just added a sentance, stating that their offer was accepted as a partial payment. and I still want the difference between the two values.

IF Current A/C won

MBNA A/C 1 Settled in full

MBNA A/C 2 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Settled in full

Lloyds TSB CC - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

Citicard S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent