Hearing to remove stay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have already got the stay. This is a hearing to have it set aside.

Do the directions say that they have to set it up Penfold?

Yes, " The Defendant's Legal Representative is ordered to arrange the telephone hearing."

Penfold

Penfold

(feel free to click the scales on the left if I said something that helps)

Due to recent issues I have had....

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is, if they don't set it up - what happens? Does the judge find for the claimant or just leave the stay in anyway?

I guess I could ask for strike out based on not complying with court order/ direction?

Penfold

Penfold

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

Sorry ,Freaky, what I meant to say was 'they must be pretty sure they're going to get the stay upheld' - icon11.gif one word makes a difference doesn't it!

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Sorry ,Freaky, what I meant to say was 'they must be pretty sure they're going to get the stay upheld' - icon11.gif one word makes a difference doesn't it!

Can someone please explain why is a telephone hearing so expensive? Surely in this day and age a three way call is not that bad?

Thanks,

Penfold

Penfold

Without Prejudice

Sorry I don't know Penfold - maybe because it's got to be a dedicated line specially set up - but I know the banks paid up rather than do it....

Ps Thanks to whoever gave me a rep tic ?

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Freaky, I just don't know! I just got the impression that when the judge ordered one in my case (twice), they came back immediately with an offer. 1x Barclays, 1x HSBC

It may be the hassle of setting one up, bearing in mind what solicitors charge for an hourly rate :rolleyes: or it may be the cost- but I don't think I've ever heard a price mentioned :?

Have we got any telephone engineers or sales people on the forum who could tell us?

Nemo me impune lacessit

I have heard a few times that is is the expense that puts them off from setting these things up but I don't think it would compair to paying a barrister to attend court.

Lets hope there are some BT engineers out there who can tell us.

My thoughts too.

Penfold

Penfold

Without Prejudice

love it freaky..........lol. liek the new avatar.............

Cheap Teleconferencing, Cheap Conference Call, UK conference calls UK Virtual numbers, UK Numbers 0800 numbers, 0845, 020, virtual office

Conference Calls, Conference Calling - Conference Genie

Audio Conference Call Information

theres a couple oif links... with some info on them.... not sure if DG will use BT

rockin all over the world

theres a couple oif links... with some info on them.... not sure if DG will use BT

You're a little beaver,Auburn, digging out that lot.........:)

Well, these options seem to be as cheap as chips, so not sure where the cost comes in? BT is apparently 80% more than the first one, but even that's not bank-breaking - Oops! sorry, no pun intended! :D

Be interesting to see what information the court give Penfold .........

Nemo me impune lacessit

You're a little beaver,Auburn, digging out that lot.........:)

Well, these options seem to be as cheap as chips, so not sure where the cost comes in? BT is apparently 80% more than the first one, but even that's not bank-breaking - Oops! sorry, no pun intended! :D

Be interesting to see what information the court give Penfold .........

Court has merely reitterated that Defendant will speak to the call conference operator to organise. That's it...sit and wait, but I have told Judge do not know proceedure and told DG to ring me too so no excuse for either of them. Trying to cover all bases...

Penfold

Penfold

Without Prejudice

told DG to ring me too

I wouldn't wait for them to tell you the arrangements, Penfold they'd like nothing better than a hearing without you there...... I think I'd e-mail(with receipt request) or fax them for details of what they're setting up and when - that way if they don't answer you've got proof that you asked..... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

I wouldn't wait for them to tell you the arrangements, Penfold they'd like nothing better than a hearing without you there...... I think I'd e-mail(with receipt request) or fax them for details of what they're setting up and when - that way if they don't answer you've got proof that you asked..... :)

LOL True fully expecting them to play the game. In a way I would not mind, because i will be on them before the date, but make the court aware of the letters etc. (all will be recorded too)

Penfold

• Haha 1

Penfold

Without Prejudice

fully expecting them to play the game

th_rotfl.gif

S'cuse me while I change my pants! :D Tell me you're kidding........LOL :grin: :grin:

Nemo me impune lacessit

of course, but who knows what and how they will do things now with more and more people are applying to set aside the stays. We will have to monitor what the Judges do and say. I guess next month we will have a better picture after a few people get their hearings...

Penfold

Penfold

Without Prejudice

guess next month we will have a better picture after a few people get their hearings...

Sorry, you're right, Penfold - my son is one of them.......:)

I guess I'm just an old cynic LOL! - comes of dealing with banks for the last year and reading the posts of people who they've ruined, lied to and misled, whilst plundering their accounts with unlawful charges. :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Sorry, you're right, Penfold - my son is one of them.......:)

I guess I'm just an old cynic LOL! - comes of dealing with banks for the last year and reading the posts of people who they've ruined, lied to and misled, whilst plundering their accounts with unlawful charges. :D

No problems!

I truely believe I have an angle that may just get somewhere, but I would rather fail on my own than let anyone else try and fail...

If it works well that will be great and the walls may fall down again...

Penfold

Penfold

Without Prejudice

Loving your attitude Penfold!!! The more people that start thinking outside the box the better! The banks will not win on this issue in the long run as long as people don't give up!

Thanks for the reputation then mate...lol

Anyway it really takes the mickey all this. I hope and trust that the judicial system will realise that the public is not interested in waiting several years for a result...We are entitled to a quick and fair trial, why have these guys been allowed to payout shed loads, never go to court and yet now have a right to just postpone the inevitable?

Come on guys...Fight the good fight,

Penfold

• Haha 3

Penfold

Without Prejudice