Dell ppi Help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Forgot to say,we don,t know if the ppi was added to the start of the loan or not.But I have also requested a breakdown of the total charge for credit applied to this loan,as it very nearly comes to the amount the computer costs .

Maggie

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump .Please,come on guys,I need some advice.Is there a banana on the forum ,who can offer their input as well please.All/any help and advice much appreciated.

Maggie

Sorry maggie, been away for a few days, where are you at with this. I do not think their good will gesture of 120 is acceptable, what amount are you thinking of.

It is not just the fact that they did it, it is the fact that due to their error your credit file, who have caused actual damage to your credit rating.

They have breached consumer legislation in doing this.

Breach of the OFT debt collection guidence, They have to follow these

Breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 by unlawfully supplying the credit reference agencies and the DCA with a account that was in dispute and under investigation by the FOS. They had no legal rignt to do it as it was their error, not yours and this has caused you and your family great hardship and distress.

Without re-reading your thread, did they pass the account to a dca, if they did, I would be writing them a short sharp note to let them see the error of their ways too

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Yes Hhnf,they did pass our account to a dca,as the FOS were investigating our complaint.

I don,t think £120.00 as full and final settlement is ok either.I don,t really know what figure I would ask for ,or I am looking for in compensatory terms,as my hubbys credit file was clear,until Dell marked all the late payments on it,knowing it was their fault for not taking them thru direct debit in the first place.

Yes Hhnf,they did pass our account to a dca,as the FOS were investigating our complaint.

I don,t think £120.00 as full and final settlement is ok either.I don,t really know what figure I would ask for ,or I am looking for in compensatory terms,as my hubbys credit file was clear,until Dell marked all the late payments on it,knowing it was their fault for not taking them thru direct debit in the first place.

Has it affected you creditworthness? Have you applied for any credit anywhere??????

Have you lodged a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office????? for breaching the dpa

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

No,we haven,t applied for credit anywhere.

No,we haven,t lodged a complaint with the ICO,for breaching the Data protection Act.

Plonker again,as what I am,as I didn,t know we could lodge a complaint.lol.

Maggie

No,we haven,t applied for credit anywhere.

No,we haven,t lodged a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office,for breaching the Data protection Act.

Plonker again,as what I am,as I didn,t know we could lodge a complaint.lol.

Maggie

Hello Maggie,

Joking apart your not a plonker:-D

The Information Commissions governs all respects of data protection.

They way I look at it is, Dell by their own admission have handled your account incorrectly. They placed deterimental markers on your husband,s squeaky clean credit report. They then passed your husband's personal details to a dca and instructed them to pursue you for this allleged arrears. which was dell fault.

Personally I would be complaining to everybody, The information commissioners office, the oft, the FSA and trading standards for their despicable conduct.

What do you have to write to the fos about???? Is this to accept dells offer or reject it.

I had to involve the FOS , as Dell were completely ignoring all correspondence from us on the PPI,which was added to the account ,even though we said no.Now I have to respond with a yes or no to their final settlement offer of £120.00 ,but the FOS have stated that if we reject this,then they will carry out a formal investigation into it,which may take up to 9months.

Maggie

I had to involve the FOS , as Dell were completely ignoring all correspondence from us on the PPI,which was added to the account ,even though we said no.Now I have to respond with a yes or no to their final settlement offer of £120.00 ,but the FOS have stated that if we reject this,then they will carry out a formal investigation into it,which may take up to 9months.

Maggie

Hello Maggie,

Ok so what do you want to do accept their goodwill gesture or continue.

If you take it you will be £120 better off:D and they going to guarentee the markers are removed and do you get a written apology from them:mad:

If you reject it, or accept it as a part settlement stating what you wish to receive for the distress,and the ruin of a squeaky clean credit file. the fos will still continue with a formal investigation and yes you may have to wait a while longer, but these breaches are serious and they may well pay out a larger some of money to compensate you.

On the other hand, they should be taught that they cannot do what they have done and get away with it by trying to buy you off with a pittance.

I know what I would do,:D but it is your choice at the end of the day. :D

I am going to refuse their final offer,and go for the full investigation by the FOS.

Maggie

Good move, if you need help I can have a look at any letters that you send:D Oh and don't refuse it just mention that you will accept their offer as part settlement until the fos investigate

Edited by hellhasnofury