Sky Connect In My Area For £5, I Have To Pay £17

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

In June, I noticed that the sky connect package was only £5 a month as the exchange in my area was due to be unbundled. I was moving into my new property soon so I thought great I will sign up with sky.

however, by the time I moved in the connect had gone back up to £17. I thought I would go with them anyway in the hope that it wouldn't be long before the sky mid package would be available.

Last week I decided to have a check on the sky broadband checker and it now says that connect is available in my area for £5 again. But when I phoned customer support they said that I will have to pay £17 until my exchange is unbundled while all the new customers in my area get to pay £5 :mad:

I have wrote a letter of complaint, but where do I stand on this.... Surely this is not fair.

Hi,

In June, I noticed that the sky connect package was only £5 a month as the exchange in my area was due to be unbundled. I was moving into my new property soon so I thought great I will sign up with sky.

however, by the time I moved in the connect had gone back up to £17. I thought I would go with them anyway in the hope that it wouldn't be long before the sky mid package would be available.

Last week I decided to have a check on the sky broadband checker and it now says that connect is available in my area for £5 again. But when I phoned customer support they said that I will have to pay £17 until my exchange is unbundled while all the new customers in my area get to pay £5 :mad:

I have wrote a letter of complaint, but where do I stand on this.... Surely this is not fair.

I had a similar thing with Tiscali. I had enquired and been told that it would be October before I could upgrade to their Max Package which includes Up to 8 meg BB, line rental and UK 01 02 calls. £19.99 a month.

I made an enquiry on behalf of a neighbour asking if they signed up now could they upgrade to the Max in October and was told the Max Package was available now for them. Hand on I said, I have been a customer of yours for 6 years and have to wait till October when a new customer gets it immediately. The answer was that was the way they were rolling it out to existing customers. I then requested to be put through to cancelations and explained my dis-satisfaction to them and requested a Mac Code. I was instantly told they could upgrade me there and then which I agreed. They didn't charge the £30.00 fee either.

All in All done very well as with being a religous user of SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers my first months call charges were only 12p

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

It depends on how many are 'ports' available at the time. If you have done a check at it still says £5 per month you are entitelled to it. Call sky Broadband customer services up and if the operatore refuses ask to speak to a manager.

You will get it

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)