C A G ruins banking for millions

Guest donkey kong
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes and No, Maggie - I tried to refrain from posting a reply, because I believed that it was just an "incendiary" remark, designed to make us all justify the fact that we are not perfect, unlike the originator.

But the things that were said were libelous, pompous, arrogant and not based on fact.

My final thoughts are:

Thank You, Donkey, and Congratulations!

The mood in the "camp" was somewhat subdued, due to the unfair treatment of the consumers meted out by the FSA et al.

Not any more!

What you have done is make us even more determined to fight against UNLAWFUL, punitive, penalty charges, caused by a myriad of circumstances that you, in your little bubble, have never experienced.

So here's to you - sorry you may have to cut back on your usual champagne due to the end of your "free" banking - but heyho!

Power to the little people that don't live in Utopia!

23_20_18.gif

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are reading this Mr God Almighty Donkey, but you have got nothing to say, have you?

We aren't going away - just a shame you're not!

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

I see you are viewing DK. Are you waiting for midnight to strike before you post again. You could be taking the P or you do actually believe what you posted, if that's the case; I'll refrain from saying what I think of you. I've been well off, now I'm not but I do know that directly or indirectly, we ALL pay for our banking services! If you have half a brain, you'll know that to.

Guest donkey kong

My word! If I knew it was going to be this easy to get a rise I would have posted a long time ago. Ill try to respond to as many points as possible but will have to keep my responses brief then I shall be out of here for good.

Background – I DID work for egg, however I work in the public sector now and am in no means well off. I have received bank charges in the past but whilst I admit their frustrating I accept that it was my fault for not ensuring sufficient funds were in my account. I worked in the sales team selling loan insurance and the loan and card collections department. I registered in April last year as I wanted to keep track of how this issue was developing due to it being closely related to my work. I didn’t post due to the inevitable cries of “you must tell them you work for a bank, its in the rules!”

Duncan_disordely – You seem to make the assumption that all people on benefits receive bank charges? I doubt that is the case very much

So you think that people on benefits, living on the minimum money the government allows them to live on should help to fund your free banking? Whilst I appreciate your point regarding change of circumstances, why have no precautionary measures been taken such as savings or income replacement insurance? I have seen this constantly day after day when people just keep increasing their credit thinking that “it could never happen to me”. If the banks charges us 15p for a cash withdrawal I will be very surprised.

Livelylad – Apologies for posting all over site, I just wanted to ensure my views were heard. Trust me, it wont happen again. I haven’t used any other ids on this website fyi

The main man – A very old argument that I would often hear, that it was the banks fault for getting people into debt. An argument which I personally feels indicates a lack of responsibility for a persons actions, but that’s just my opinion.

Kog – If the banks lose this case and have free rein on charges then ultimately everyone will suffer for the actions of the minority. I always try to keep my finances in order every month and spend within my means however im starting to wonder what the point was!

I do however appreciate your point regarding not allowing transaction to go over agreed limits. Although this is usually due to a purchase being made under a stores floor limit (stores have individual limits where transactions are effectively put through without any request for authorization – although the stores are liable for any fraud or bounced transactions they gain by getting more people through the tills – im sure though I will be corrected on this) and in fairness is a issue with the UK payments system as a whole.

Rbrears – I must again stress that I am not well off. I’m a young man on an average salary living in rented accommodation (and no im not looking for sympathy here as I imagine it would be less than forthcoming!!). Also are you describing the cag community as the least well off and the least fortunate? What are your views on the least well off and unfortunate who don’t get charged but will start getting charged should the case be a “victory”

Nicegirl1 – No, its not fair! That’s the reason for the rant in the first place! If this court case goes your way you will see it as a victory when in fact it is a victory for the banks. I do have a proper job as well, thank you! However im revealing as little of my identity as humanely possible to ensure im not clobbered by any cag hate mobs.

Dave – fair point.

Angry cat – See above for the reason regarding this being my first post.

“People have become victims of useless ppi”. I don’t want to get sidetracked onto the ppi debate as I do agree it is overpriced for what it is but everything is always explained to you on the phone and on the documents. We would have set legal scripts to go through regarding the ppi yet every time I would read it out you could tell the person wasn’t listening as they were just thinking about the loan (or so it seemed to me at the time).

and no I don’t have a perfect life for the record. I didn’t say anything about myself in that post yet people assume im some rich kid sitting in a mansion!

Ohoh4312 – Of course I don’t base the statement on facts, just from experience of working everyday dealing with delinquent credit accounts.

ODC – That illustrates my point again – “9185” people have reclaimed their charges back. Now if we take into account the folks on money saving expert and bank charges hell etc amongst other sites how many people are we really talking about in total compared to the people who have bank accounts in the uk? As I said before it is the actions of the minority which are going to impact on the majority! What about all the old people on pensions and single mums who have managed their finances well and who haven’t been charged are now going to see their outgoings go up each month.

JJPPCC_1 – Why have they spent up to 45 pound on their overdraft when they knew they had 7.50 coming out? Why have they fully utilized their overdraft anyway?

K65 – Whilst not having any experience of working with current accounts I know that if a credit card was to be withdrawn without notice then there would have to have been run very poorly e.g missed payments, constantly going overdrawn etc, still trying to spend when there is no money in there etc.

Sysds mum – Yes, the court case may prove that they are profitable gains but that is going to be of little comfort to myself and others when we have to start paying for all our transactions.

Right, well im bored of this now and to be fair the rest of the posts are either similar in their points or just go onto call me a perverted little troll.

You were never going to win the war, the banks were always going to come out on top. I have been reading the increasingly self righteous (pot – kettle – black) posts on this site over the last 18 months and it just winds me up to be honest, especially after having heard all the “don’t worry, ill pay it next week” s and all the “things will be sorted next months and especially all the “its your fault im in debt in the first places.

This argument that you are fighting a crusade for the poor and less well off just doesn’t sit right with me im afraid. If (according the bbc.co.uk/news) 1 in 4 of the banking population is affected by bank charges then that leaves a lot of poor and unfortunate people who aren’t affected by them

Ohoh4312 – Of course I don’t base the statement on facts, just from experience of working everyday dealing with delinquent credit accounts.

Well, don't make a statement like that then - how dare you?

And as for this well....

You were never going to win the war, the banks were always going to come out on top. I have been reading the increasingly self righteous (pot – kettle – black) posts on this site over the last 18 months and it just winds me up to be honest, especially after having heard all the “don’t worry, ill pay it next week” s and all the “things will be sorted next months and especially all the “its your fault im in debt in the first places.

Excuse me, but I haven't read all that, and if it winds you up that much, then ** off somewhere else.

Your sole aim was to wind people up, and make them question what they are doing. Like I said previously, it hasn't worked; in fact it has made us more determined than ever to fight.

You are one sad individual, and you really need to get a life.

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

If you feel that the minority will ruin it for the majority, then the reverse is also true. You seem to think that the minority should fund the banking of the majority?

I accept your point of pensioners who have not succumbed to charges having to pay fees, but if the fees were "reasonable and fair", people wouldn't mind.

Why would you be surprised if a bank charged 15p for a cash machine withdrawal? Here are the charges of the largest bank in the Republic of Ireland:

Automated/Self Service Transactions euro 0.20 each

This fee applies to the following transactions:

• ATM withdrawals

• Standing orders

• Direct debits

• Lodgements (e.g. Salary)

Internet and phone account transactions

• AIB Debit Card transactions

Paper/Staff Assisted Transactions euro 0.30 each

This fee applies to the following transactions:

• Cheques

• Withdrawals

• Lodgements

• Staff assisted transactions at any AIB branch counter or in the

Post Office

And the penalty charge in the same bank is euro 4.44, about £3. Anything more would be pure greed, but what else would we expect from our vulturelike UK banking system? Abbey introduced a "staff assisted" branch charge a few years ago for daring to go into a branch. They charged £3.00!

The remainder of your arguments I am just tired with.

Hi Donkeykong

Just by posting your comments this morning, you have seen how the CAG community has rallied round to defend this site, and peoples actions on here. You know the inner workings of a large Financial Institution and all of the things that go on in there, so come clean and admit, the banks are a big problem in this country with their charges and underhand tactics. The regulators have turned a blind eye to this for sometime, and if it was'nt for the owners of CAG, Martin Lewis,and Penalty Charges, they would still get away with it. I would personally like to see the bank executives go to Prison for what they are doing to people. I know some people do push their luck and use the system, others are so desparate they can't afford a loaf of bread. I work behind the scenes here for free, i do earn a good wage and have peoples lives in my hands most days. What do you do when someone is so desperate, they think about ending the pain that comes with this desperation. The CCCS is overwhelmed with people calling in everyday close to bankrupsy and need a way out. Reading these threads, i have seen bank employees on power trips wrecking peoples lives. Well no more. The banks have been calling the shots for years, withholding information, hoping no one finds out. Sending out application forms claiming this to be an official credit agreement, when a proper agreement has never been prepared or signed, even by the bank. Charging £35 for a letter which are printed off at 10,000 an hour by a computer, so very little cost input. The 50 phone calls a week when someone misses a payment or is a few days late. Why do credit files get marked as late payments, why can't there be a payed early tag?.

By reading these threads, i am amazed at how in such a short period of time, members of the public are taking back control of not only their finances, but their rights as consumers and citizens of the United Kingdom.

The figures on the front page of this site are inaccurate, as a lot of people don't bother doing the survey. I would say that figure is at least double the amount advertised.

This site is open to all, as long as they abide by the rules and be courteous to others. You have your own views on what is going on here, but remember the majority are here to "Reclaim The Right" and are doing so.

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

My word! If I knew it was going to be this easy to get a rise I would have posted a long time ago.

How very mature.

Livelylad – Apologies for posting all over site, I just wanted to ensure my views were heard. Trust me, it wont happen again. I haven’t used any other ids on this website fyi

Again how very mature, your first coment above shows that you just wanted to cause conflict. You clearly have no interest in debating the issuse, which would have been good as you used to work for Egg. We could of had both sides of the arguement.

FYI you do have other user ID's.

After reading your posts on this thread I have come to the conclusion, you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

There is a human side to each and every case, perhaps you should consider that before you pass your judgement.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks