***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You need to look at this thread as well PF.

FOS Compensation available *put in a claim*

I am unable to make any retrospective claim for compensation as I accepted the settlement as full and final.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Mahon:D

another win for a CAG follower.

enjoy ;)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello HHNF,

Started a new thread on the Legal issues forum and Rory a nice helpful Mod has confirmed what I thought.

If you have had several loans and they have been refinanced then the banks are not legally bound to produce Consumer Credit Agreements for them under the terms of section 77 of the CCA 1974 except for a loan that is still current.

However they are required to provide them if you submit SAR asking for them. :D He mentioned that the banks should keep documentation on old loans for 5 years after they are closed. So all my loans fall into that 5 year bracket.:-D

Also found a bit of a peach in my paperwork ref Pre Existing Medical Conditions.

PM me if you would like some info on this.

Regards

aa

Hello al , does this mean i cant pursue any claim for ppi if it is older than five years , regards rs:confused:

Hello al , does this mean i cant pursue any claim for ppi if it is older than five years , regards rs:confused:

No it most certainly does not. You can claim on mis-sold PPI for as far back as you wish the time on claiming mis-sold PPI actually starts when you found out the PPI was mis-sold and the mis-selling issue has only recently come to the forfront of mis-selling.

IMO this means you can claim mis-selling of PPI from now and go back as far as you are able to say you have been mis-sold and claim your payments back with the Interest as was applied at the point of sale and then you should claim 8% statutory interest on top. From the date you made your first payment up until a settlement is agreed.

You should vigorously pursue you claim for PPI for as long as it takes.

I have managed to recover PPI back to 1997/98 so do not be put off by banks giving false information on timescales and legal statutes.

You should ask for the data and if you donot get the data then you should complain to the Information Commissioners Office to press them for the full data your require.

• Haha 1

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 months later...
No it most certainly does not. You can claim on mis-sold PPI for as far back as you wish the time on claiming mis-sold PPI actually starts when you found out the PPI was mis-sold and the mis-selling issue has only recently come to the forfront of mis-selling.

IMO this means you can claim mis-selling of PPI from now and go back as far as you are able to say you have been mis-sold and claim your payments back with the Interest as was applied at the point of sale and then you should claim 8% statutory interest on top. From the date you made your first payment up until a settlement is agreed.

You should vigorously pursue you claim for PPI for as long as it takes.

I have managed to recover PPI back to 1997/98 so do not be put off by banks giving false information on timescales and legal statutes.

You should ask for the data and if you donot get the data then you should complain to the Information Commissioners Office to press them for the full data your require.

hi AA... awesome thread pls i need some of your advice as i intend to start a claim with DLFS. this is my thread

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Excellent work - some extremely useful information.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.