Very Very Disappointed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not and never have been in debt, and put a question to this forum requesting assistance.

I have to date not received any helpfull advice as everyone seem totally wrapped up in trying to avoid debts that they know they owe but don't want to pay.

The recovery of bank charges I agree with, but the deliberate sharing of information to avoid repaying, and in some case the sheer enjoyment of seeing off a company that they admit on here they owe money to cannot be condoned.

Yes there are a few ginuine cases that should be assisted, but all clubbing together for what is tantamount to theft is despicable.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do i take it then that you -

(a) have never had a mortgage & bought outright with cash, unless you rent....

(b) bought all your worldly goods eg car / furniture etc with cold hard cash.....

If you do have a mortgage, hp credit etc, then you are actually in debt till it's paid off in full!!

Being in debt doesn't just mean being chased for money you can't afford to pay.

I might owe a few grand that I can't afford to pay for genuine reasons, and I'm working on dealing with it, but at least I'm not £200K + in debt with a mortgage / hp etc, which is soooo acceptable to the 2.4 middle class part of our society........

But if not, then you are an inspiration to us all, please tel us how you did it!!! :p

Oh, and btw, most people here are just trying to fight back and assert there legal rights against the bully boy tactics used by most debt collectors, hoping people don't know their legal rights, eg a debt collection agency who pays £50.00 for a debt hoping to collect a £1000.00 for the alledged original amount. That to me is tantamount to theft.......

WON - Lowells (Cap One) Case closed as "Not commercially viable to continue collection activity"

WON - Capquest (Littlewoods Catalogue) Case Closed, No Credit Agreement.

Oh Dear

What was your purpose for joining this site??

Have you any idea how many people are hounded by DCA's due to redundancy, terminal illness, depression - DCA's are diabolical individuals who leave people sometimes considering suicide.

This site has brought a great deal of relief to a lot of people and if you bother to read some of the threads you will see for yourself how helpful and useful this site is.

If you have just come on here to get on your soapbox - you are wasting your time and trust me there are plenty of people who will give you a good argument.

But as phat says please do share how you managed to purchase all your goods with cash and interestingly what did the tax man think of that?

Yes there are a few ginuine cases that should be assisted, but all clubbing together for what is tantamount to theft is despicable.

DCA's do not investigate, prevent or deter theft, the police do. As the Police and Financial Regulatory and Enforcement bodies do not share your view, the problem seems to lie with the fact you are labouring under the misapprehension that defending your diminishing rights, is wrong.

It seems you have joined the wrong forum but expect everyone to share your point of view. Hopefully you are mature and intelligent enough to realise your mistake and just leave.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/110327-sky-subscription-none-owed.html

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Dearohdear... another mini-speach from the holier than thou brigade.... :rolleyes:

I am not and never have been in debt, and put a question to this forum requesting assistance.

Then consider yourself lucky... since your income/assets have managed to protect you from reality.

I have to date not received any helpfull advice as everyone seem totally wrapped up in trying to avoid debts that they know they owe but don't want to pay.

An unfair assumption.... people have borrowed money, yes. What they don't sign up for however, is to be belittled, intimidated and criminalised by a bunch of muppets who are employed.... sometimes on a commission basis... to recover payments at any personal cost to the borrower. People have a right to check the legalities of what they have allegedly signed up to. If you don't feel the need to do that... then you've come to the wrong place.

The recovery of bank charges I agree with, but the deliberate sharing of information to avoid repaying, and in some case the sheer enjoyment of seeing off a company that they admit on here they owe money to cannot be condoned.

You are free to hold your own opinion.... as I am free to disagree with it. Bank charges are usually where the problem starts however, not where it ends. These creditors/DCAs that you appear to have such a strong moral association with... have you considered their tactic of trying to go for a CCJ/property charge on accounts, often in spite of regular payments being made, which include varying amounts in unlawful charges to bump up the balance "owed" in the first place ?

Whilst you consider this angle.... don't forget that these accounts get passed/sold off to DCAs for a number of reasons, including the tax advantages of being "closed".... in order for a different company (DCA), often within the same organisation, to take them over and intimidate individuals into thinking that things have escalated to a much higher level ? ....

These are the business activities we are talking about here....

Then you appear to have been brainwashed well by the industry.... since the "theft" that you refer to normally starts with the application of unlawful charges in the first place.

:x

• Haha 1

Dearohdear - please stop being so naive. At some point in life everyone is in debt. This may be with a mortgage, creditcard,overdraft,car loan, etc. I do not believe that you have never been in debt

If you do have a problem with debt or have really good ideas on how to conquer the DCA muppets out there then please share

otherwise bugger off

Advice on a debt you have!

The people who give their time on here are not 'wrapped up', they give their time to assist people who have been bullied and intimidated by DCA's and are crippled by the increasing charges applied, charges that are unjust and ones that many would not know they could stop

How blinkered. I assume that you have read through every single post on here to make such a bold statement? I, like many, gained huge relief from an extremely worrying situation thanks to the help and advice from the members here. That does not stand as 'seeing off a company'.

'A few' genuine cases?? Your anger that the members here did not rush to assist you with your £47 debt to Sky is unbelievable. Yes, the members 'club together' as you put it, they pool their knowledge to assist others who are desperate and don't know where to turn.

My sincere apolgies of course if you joined here because you were desperate because of the amount of £47 owed, and were being hounded and bullied by a DCA to such an extent that your day to day life was effected.

:confused: New here and in need of some advice! :confused:

Dearohdear has made me see the error of my ways. I will be selling off my kidneys and my children for medical research immediately to raise money to pay the DCAs (who are obviously run by morally impeccable individuals) - especially those to whom I owe no money and those who have doubled the debt by applying fees. I apologise for ever thinking I should assert my rights, and now accept my position as a humble serf at the complete mercy of the financial sector. ;)

WOOLWICH -S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 :cool:

LBA sent for non-compliance with Data Protection Act 28/04/07 :mad:

ABBEY - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 8)

Try being made redundant at short notice and being left unpaid by your employers. This happened to me 6 months ago and I'm still having to pursue what I am owed through the courts.

Add to that the unrelenting bullying tactics applied by DCA's that soon follow and I'm sure you'd reconsider your unjustified judgmental view.

These good people on here have helped save my mental health NOT helped me to avoid any debt repayment.:mad:

D

An example of childish selfishness if ever I saw one.

You had replies. But you wanted more. So you threw your toys out of the pram.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Dearohdear has made me see the error of my ways. I will be selling off my kidneys and my children for medical research immediately to raise money to pay the DCAs (who are obviously run by morally impeccable individuals) - especially those to whom I owe no money and those who have doubled the debt by applying fees. I apologise for ever thinking I should assert my rights, and now accept my position as a humble serf at the complete mercy of the financial sector. ;)

Lovin' it major!!! LMAO:D

I read your thoughts this morning and it made me feel so sad you think the majority of us would rather run the gauntlet than pay. I always use the same expression ...."walk a mile in my shoes" How can you possibly comment on any individual? Speaking for myself ...I have paid the DCAs for years but now they want more and more every month and I cant afford it! This site made me realise ONE thing......I have probably paid 3 times of what i owed through vast percentages of commision, charges etc.:confused: I am now feeling braver and ready to take on these 'criminals' and feel stronger and wiser about my own rights!!!:rolleyes:

May I also thank all the wonderful threads and points thats made my life more bearable through this very difficult time and shown me many of you have found light at the end of the tunnel. :smile:

Thanks

I have repaid every creditor in full except for one, who has never been willing to accept any offer of installments that I have put forward. I am not trying to avoid the alleged debt but ensuring that they have a legitimate right and that they get a wrap across the knuckles for their under handed and unlawful dealings in pursuing it. This forum has been a lifeline to me as I was totally unaware of 'my rights'.

Count yourself lucky to be in dispute over such a small amount and don't be so dismissive of the forum members who give their time and advice freely in order to prevent the normal average person from being taken advantage of.

Detectall.

It seems I touched a raw spot or the truth hurts.

Of course I have a mortgage and should have said 'illegal debt'.

Issuing a cheque for £10 when you know you only have £5 in the bank and knowing that it will attract extortionate charges is an invitation for those charges to be added and is really a very silly thing to do.

Clubs like Littlewoods can be a good thing to a lot of people who don't have the strength or willpower to save for it, and if used sensibly, but to continue to order goods when you know that you have reached your limit to be able to afford the repayments of those goods is just fooling yourselves, and leads to the problems many are having now.

I abhore the tactics I have read in here by the debt collection companies and like everyone else I think they should be brought to book, or even outlawed, but to say in a post "I owe £4000" and then hope they can't produce the required paperwork so I wont have to repay what is rightly theirs (I mean the original creditor not DCAs), is tantamount to the fraud that is alleged they are commiting.

Of course I know there are genuine cases and I have all the sympathy in the world for them and believe that the outstanding amount should stay with the creditor who loaned it and an arrangement made to repay to that creditor. I also don't believe that debt in any form should be sold like some antique at an auction only for the purchaser to hound in the disgusting manner described on here and pray on the misery of other less fortunates.

There are also a great many people using this forum who are in debt because of their own stupidity. They have stopped payments on one loan because they need a new car, or the such like, knowing they can't really afford the payments on that either.

It's a materialistic world, I know that, and we are all entitled to enjoy those material things, but to purchase them all at the same time on credit that some know they will never be able to afford is again silly, but those that then take out a credit card or loan because all their hard earned is going on repayment is stupidity.

You can all get on my back if you wish, but you know deep down that I am telling the truth.

I would hope that you have realised that this site is NOT about debt avoidance but about ensuring that people who ask us to pay them actually have the legal right to do so.

We have certain LEGAL obligations to fulfil, so do the creditors.

they have alegal obligation to provide a true copy of a credit agreement that contains the prescribed terms and conditions. Without it, we cannot be sure what we owe and over what period of time it is owed and with what interest rate. They could go on forever, and some do especially when in the hands of a DCA, saying that a debt is owed that has been repaid 3, or 4 times.

Once it is clear what the true terms and conditions of the contract are, then WE have to fulfil OUR legal obligation to pay up.

Just knowing that you borrowed say for example £3k does not paint the whole picture. What if you have paid back £5K and a DCA says you still have £2.5K to repay but there is no legal document confirming this - would you pay it?

Of course you won't. You do not want to pay £47 to Sky who have Told you that YOU have Not fulfilled your legal obligations re cancellation notice.

WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE? - YOU OR THEM?:idea:

I am pig sick of people who come on here and take the moral high ground by spilling out words like "stupid", "choice", "strength" and "willpower". At the risk of joining you in making assumptions about other people.... this is a very typical response from someone who has had enough money to cushion all of life's blows. You have tarred everyone with the same brush... and in doing so, are showing yourself up bigtime on here.

Fortunately, I don't care what you think about how people challenge the legality of amounts owing. I have challenged several myself, so must be one of the feckless you describe.... all because I wanted a new car, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Try thinking outside of the box for a change....

Of course you won't. You do not want to pay £47 to Sky who have Told you that YOU have Not fulfilled your legal obligations re cancellation notice.

WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE? - YOU OR THEM?:idea:

You obviously haven't read my post.

I gave them more than the required notice of cancellation and they denied receiving it.

If you look in any of the multitude of Sky forums you will see from others that this has happened to a lot of people, too many to be the fault of the post office.

Of course I have a mortgage and should have said 'illegal debt'.

I believe that the correct term you are looking for here is UNLAWFUL as this is a CIVIL matter not CRIMINAL !

Also

I gave them more than the required notice of cancellation and they denied receiving it.

If you look in any of the multitude of Sky forums you will see from others that this has happened to a lot of people, too many to be the fault of the post office.

Welcome to the real world.

Not the nice fluffy place you seem to live in.

Now you have a slight insight on just how some companies operate.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

So YOU say! If you sent it recorded delivery there would be comeback. Did you? If you sent it via email - there would be a record? Did you and have you still got it? Prove it then we will all know once and for all! That is all we are forcing them to do.

What's sauce for the goose.

You clearly did not read the rest of my post.

Many people on here have serious problems brought about my no fault of their own.

I suggest that unless you have something constructive to say - you should not bother posting again on this forum. I'm sure you could find someone else to complain to that is bothered!

Although my head tells me not to even dignify this post with a reply, my heart tells me otherwise. I sincerely hope that a new member doesn't read this persons opinions and tar us all with the same brush...no, of course they won't MrsL, the majority of people here are not 'stupid' and will see this persons actions for what they are.

I am personally somewhat perplexed why someone would join here 'just' to get advice over a £47 debt when they 'appear' to have such strong morals about debt and what is right and wrong.

It seems I touched a raw spot or the truth hurts.

Your opinion does not equal the truth. People are replying to you as you have such a warped view of this forum, its members and their morals

Issuing a cheque for £10 when you know you only have £5 in the bank and knowing that it will attract extortionate charges is an invitation for those charges to be added and is really a very silly thing to do.

Very random statement!

Clubs like Littlewoods can be a good thing to a lot of people who don't have the strength or willpower to save for it, and if used sensibly, but to continue to order goods when you know that you have reached your limit to be able to afford the repayments of those goods is just fooling yourselves, and leads to the problems many are having now.

What right do you have to accuse people of lacking in strength and willpower? How do you know that members here who are looking for help have just run up huge debts with Littlewoods because they continued to order goods knowing that they couldn't pay for them??

There are also a great many people using this forum who are in debt because of their own stupidity.

Oh where to begin with that gem! Do you honestly read that back and think that you are right??! You have read the entire forum have you and concluded that a 'great many' people here are 'stupid'

They have stopped payments on one loan because they need a new car, or the such like, knowing they can't really afford the payments on that either.

By 'they' you mean the 'great amount' of 'stupid' people. So you know for a fact that a great amount of our stupid members have stopped payments on a loan because they need a new car, or the such like.

You can all get on my back if you wish, but you know deep down that I am telling the truth.

Nope, can't say that I do know that you are telling the truth, no matter how deep down I look.

What I do see from your posts on here is not suitable for posting.

I would politely suggest that you look elsewhere for advice on your £47 debt, the debt you openly admit that you ignored letters about. Now that is stupidity.

• Haha 1

:confused: New here and in need of some advice! :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DearohDear viewpost.gif

Very random statement!

There is nothing random in it. The banking thread is full of them.

If you get into 'genuine' trouble, stop the direct debit, standing order or don't issue a cheque and then get in touch with the original creditor and tell them the reason, don't just let it sit there in the bank attracting extortionate charges, and yes I do agree bank charges border on the criminal.

They want your money that is the whole reason they sold you an item or gave you a service. They don't really want to sell them for a pitance to some DCA, they want their money back.

You can all gang up on me if you wish, but you know and I know from reading these threads that there are some on here who have learned that they can avoid repaying what they admit they owe by a legal loophole.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks