willmurr v halifax through FOS WON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,posted some time ago regarding a claim i had for bank charges,i went through the FOS and have today had full amount deposited into my account, i received a letter dated 26 july making me an offer which i accepted, signed and returned the acceptance form on 3rd august and today been paid out fos told me as my offer was made before the oft case they had to honour it so they have so to anyone who had offers before then will get paid.

you're lucky ...

i've been told to wait for 6 weeks after i accepted offers on 20 July and as its only been about 4 weeks yet they won't ask the bank why i have not rec'd anything.

Great news Willmurr.

Congratulations!!!!

Very pleased for you.

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

Hi Tifo

On your letter from FOS did you have a refrerence no,i phoned the bank to ask if they received my acceptance form giving my ref they were very nice they only received my acceptance on mon so might be worth it to give them a ring the number i phoned was 08456039793 best of luck.

my settlement was with Halifax as well ..

they received my settlement form on 30 July and since then i have rang them only to be told its being processed and i have to wait as they cannot give me any other reply. Though the Adjudicator sent them my acceptance form by email as i sent him it as a PDF attachement on 20 July and he just forwarded it.

Am i being discriminated against as 2 other settlements are also the same as i agreed all on the same day?

I'm thinking it's to do with the fact that they have to send me a cheque as the account was closed many years ago rather than being able to pay it in straight away?