Connought, 1st Credit, Citifinancial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey , can anyone tell me now that i've taken the plunge and sent the CCA do i just sit and wait or do i have to apply to the courts to get my stat demand set aside on the grounds of awaiting CCA docs ? never thought of this !!!

OK to answer you question as stated, YES you can.

To answer the real question, you wont have to even consider this as so far every time a CAGger has sent a CCA request to these "people" they have run a mile.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Birthday was great thanks, this morning was rough!!!!!!!!!!

Just sit and wait, This was my timing

Sent the cca out recorded on the 29th June, it was signed for on the 4th July, and on the 5th July got letter back from Connaught saying they were Cowboys (well similiar words anyway) and it was passed back to 1st Credit, and I still haven't heard anything from them yet either. And I can't wait until I have to start it all over again, I'm following Curlybens advice, you can't find a better monkey, When I first started I wanted to take on the world in a matter of days, But you are now in control of the situation, they are the ones that are working to a time limit, not you so just relax. Is your a true stat demand as mine was a just a nastyagram

Birthday was great thanks, this morning was rough!!!!!!!!!!

Just sit and wait, This was my timing

Sent the cca out recorded on the 29th June, it was signed for on the 4th July, and on the 5th July got letter back from Connaught saying they were Cowboys (well similiar words anyway) and it was passed back to 1st Credit, and I still haven't heard anything from them yet either. And I can't wait until I have to start it all over again, I'm following Curlybens advice, you can't find a better monkey, When I first started I wanted to take on the world in a matter of days, But you are now in control of the situation, they are the ones that are working to a time limit, not you so just relax. Is your a true stat demand as mine was a just a nastyagram

Hi. I wouldnt know the difference between a true one and a scare tactic. It looked pretty official although could be a load of crap for all i know !!!! I sat up till 4 this am reading through your thread. Better than any soap opera ! (in a good way x )

well to be honest i'm not going to profess that i know it all either, everything i have learnt so far has been from these guys, so if you ever get scared just either send pm or list it up.

Before I would have presumed what they had sent was legit, but after reading what some people receive, I knew to look carefully. And when it arrived my first thoughts were oh Bugger! (well sort off anyway)

Then just thought well I post it up and see what the next stage is.

As I was ready to post it up, i realised it was a cut and paste job, so you learn as you go along as well. But if you posted it yesterday, I will bet tat you have a reply no later than Saturday passing abck to 1st Credit

well to be honest i'm not going to profess that i know it all either, everything i have learnt so far has been from these guys, so if you ever get scared just either send pm or list it up.

Before I would have presumed what they had sent was legit, but after reading what some people receive, I knew to look carefully. And when it arrived my first thoughts were oh Bugger! (well sort off anyway)

Then just thought well I post it up and see what the next stage is.

As I was ready to post it up, i realised it was a cut and paste job, so you learn as you go along as well. But if you posted it yesterday, I will bet tat you have a reply no later than Saturday passing abck to 1st Credit

Oh my god !!! how right you have all been. Got the letter from connought today saying case closed and have passed back to 1st credit. What now ? do i sit and wait or do i CCA 1st credit ?

• Haha 1

Well I've had a nasty letter from 1st regarding LTSB. LTSB CCA request was outstanding so I wrote and told them. They've come back quite confidently saying CCA now requested and then they expect me to pay up in full.

If (and I'd be surprised) they come back with a valid agreement I'll hit them with s85.

Regards

Lantana

Well I've had a nasty letter from 1st regarding LTSB. LTSB CCA request was outstanding so I wrote and told them. They've come back quite confidently saying CCA now requested and then they expect me to pay up in full.

If (and I'd be surprised) they come back with a valid agreement I'll hit them with s85.

Regards

Lantana

Hi Lantana. How long did it take for 1st to contact you and what is an s85 ?

Hi Lantana. How long did it take for 1st to contact you and what is an s85 ?

They wrote back to me by return, so no messing about on their part.

s85 of the CCA74 requires a true copy of the executed agreement to be sent to the cardholder each time the lender renews the card - LTSB only sent me a standard mailer each time, which is not the same thing. 1st will of course disagree with my interpretation of s85, so it'll be down to the Judge to rule on who is right!

Regards

Lantana

They wrote back to me by return, so no messing about on their part.

s85 of the CCA74 requires a true copy of the executed agreement to be sent to the cardholder each time the lender renews the card - LTSB only sent me a standard mailer each time, which is not the same thing. 1st will of course disagree with my interpretation of s85, so it'll be down to the Judge to rule on who is right!

Regards

Lantana

Arh !! i see. Yours is a little different to mine. Mine was'nt a credit card it was for an unsecured loan so i think this does;nt apply. Thanks anyway. Am going to look through any threads you have and will be watching closely. xx

Hiya DOBBYDOG :)

Found your threads and read through.

You're getting the best advice, so sit back and wait for 1st credit to contact you, then respectfully remind them that you CCA'd connaught's attaching copy of the original CCA request :)

Good luck and have a great weekend,

BB

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

*Subscribing*

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

spoke too soon regarding correspondence with 1st credit guys, as I got a letter from them yesterday, they have asked me to reply with an offer of payment, whether it be a full and final discounted, or monthly payments, either they will accept.

Ooooppps they are going to get a cca, they will not be expecting that, and the game starts all over again, this time I'm not scared, if they come back with one they do and fine I will arrange payment with them, if they don't they can whistle, but you soon realise it is your right to find this out, and that is all we are doing at the end of the day.

!st Credit will probably say they can only supply a CCA in court. That's what they told me, wish I'd known better now as a judge would probably like to know why they had turned up without one! My debt was fairly small, I paid £15 weekly until I had a lump sum to finish it off. They are a bunch of shysters though. Still got an outstanding complaint with the Trading Standards over them.

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

It's a shame that they are talking complete cobblers on that score.

The DCA's should start to realise that there are a growing number of consumers that are aware of their rights and we will not be fobbed off any more.

Now if that happened to me I would report them to Trading Standards without a second thought.

At them end of the day if they supply a compliant CCA the I would be only to happy to arrange payment.

Try and pull the wool over my eyes with legalese and cloaking the Act and I'll fight, HARD !

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small question.

Now that this debt has been passed back to 1st credit and say for arguments sake they hold the correct paperwork ie; CCA, can they just go ahead and start court procedings ? I just dont want to wake up one day and find a CCJ on my mat !!!:| cheers x

Dobby, this wont happen.

There are proper procedures to go through before these things get to court.

A CCJ doesn't just appear on your door mat.

IF they start court proceedings you will be notified by the court and have time to acknowledge it and file a defence.

Lack of an enforceable agreement is a full defence under s61 of CCA 74.

DON'T PANIC.

Remember YOU are CAG now and we DON't let snotty DCA's worry us ;)