Wescot- Did you know...owned by Equifax????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OMG! well I never!

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

The Halifax have just highered Equifax to help find investors, investors being the new word for debitors:rolleyes:

The Halifax last week announced it had appointed the credit check company Experian to use its large database to track down Halifax customers.

"In the case of about 75 per cent of dormant accounts, we have the wrong address," says a spokesman. "Using the [Experian] database should help us."

Why does this sound so wrong.?

LMAO I can see it now!, thats excellent, can you do me a vauxhall over a ford, if you have the knack;) .

And can we keep this post to the point please.

Just hate every DCA out there

sorry i av had to change my avatar (not suitable for this site)..:o

I'm so sorry i said anything SMF, its ridiculous, it actually looked like a man struggling with a suitcase, so there you go it was only when we put a description to it did it matter.

Sorry mate, as it was a good one ;-)

...that Wescot are owned by Equifax. :shock:

(Sorry if you guys already knew this)

No I didn't know either pmhcfc, and I think this is a great thread.

I think our personal credit reference files should be cheaper and more accessible to ourselves - we're the ones, after all, that they collect the information about.

I personally intend to check my files regularly from now on. As I've no intention of ever needing to use credit again (just the thought makes me feel physically sick), I think it's important to claim any information they hold. I think there are ways of interpreting the information they contain, not merely to check against fraud. At least one example is already in this thread.

As to the creditors/DCAs, I think public disclosure is incredibly important. It's in their interest, after all, to hold personal information about us. We should at the very least publicise their 'corporate identities'. I've looked at three websites recently that 'advertise' their services to the credit 'industry' - and much of the presentation on their websites exposes, when read in conjunction with the many posts on here, their real conduct of 'business'. Say one thing, do another.

They're a tangled collection, aren't they? :mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Well there you go, proof if needed that we are just fodder, for the players:mad: . You could feel the excitement brewing over all that untapped money, it made me feel sick to the stomach.

Can it get worse? answers own ? YEP:(

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

I can not write the name of the company I worked for but I can advise from my own experience.

I have seen an employee use credit checks for details of a person that never held an account with the company and who never made an application to the company.

This employee worked for anyone seeking a person for any reason, be it a private debit, a person who wanted to locate a family member.

If he could make money from any situation then he used the checking service.

There are no checking systems in place in some of these finance companies to cross reference that all credit checks being made actually have an application form or live account at the time.

Like others here I never plan to borrow a penny again, bread and jam is more inviting than an anxiety attack with an angry bailiff causing an early heart attack.

Sadly my mortgage is not an option at this point:(

Well done to all you scavengers out there - particularly pmhcfc!

The truth will out eventually, and hopefully "all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword".

But I find it particularly repugnant that some of the worst scumbags hide behind legitimate public companies with their holier-than-thou pronouncements.

Look at Cattles plc (FTSE 250), scratch deeper and up come Lewis Group, CL Finance and Howard Cohen all with snouts in the same trough and office!).

But it's well worth reading some of their press releases - if you have the stomach for it - to see how their minds work.

Try Debt Services, Debt Purchasing, Investigaton Services - The Lewis Group for a start.

Van

Hey, that's spooky!

I typed a web site link and up comes Debt Services etc. etc.!

I have always thought that the sinister looking building - recently much enlarged - at Cheltenham with more pricks sticking out of it than a porcupine intercepts every communication and conversation in the land.

That's enough for today. I'll go and have a drink - if I may, GCHQ?

Van

Hey, that's spooky!

I typed a web site link and up comes Debt Services etc. etc.!

I have always thought that the sinister looking building - recently much enlarged - at Cheltenham with more pricks sticking out of it than a porcupine intercepts every communication and conversation in the land.

That's enough for today. I'll go and have a drink - if I may, GCHQ?

Van

Says it all.... ! ;)

Glad you appreciated the link, Sosumi, but the last bit where the dear girl says "if the complaints are low then perhaps the industry is getting it right" just about takes the biscuit.

Someone really should introduce her to CAG.

Van