Glover vs Barclays Bank

B1ffus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got my hearing tomorrow at 12 and emailed one of the litigation team kate ashton is dealing with it and i got this response:

Thank you for your email, as this is a directions hearing a Barrister will

be attending on our behalf many thanks.

what does this mean? are they going to fight it? its only a preliminary hearing!

should i be worried?

thx

Brent

no..

barclays barrister = inexperienced trainee, who probably knows less than you do.

however, get all you paperwork together just in case.

:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

Got my hearing tomorrow at 12 and emailed one of the litigation team kate ashton is dealing with it and i got this response:

Thank you for your email, as this is a directions hearing a Barrister will

be attending on our behalf many thanks.

what does this mean? are they going to fight it? its only a preliminary hearing!

should i be worried?

thx

Brent

its an informal hearing and if you dont settle there and there as the judge will prob suggest to the barclays rep do not worry you still have until the final hearing.

do not let the turd from barclays pressure you.

take your POC's, SOC's[updated] and your N1 for your reference,

stay calm and look smart.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

no..

barclays barrister = inexperienced trainee, who probably knows less than you do.

however, get all you paperwork together just in case.

:)

Im not sure about that..ha well i have my statements and witness statement and a copy of the OFT postion statement 2006 - calculating fair default charges- is there anything else i should need?

TIA

Brent

Daren

can the judge refer to terms & conditions at this stage ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

ok i have only the first letter i sent telling them what the charges were between the dates and there replys.

a copy of the charges

there letter to say they will give me half

then courts letter saying they are fighting it

then another courts letter telling me of date

plus my statements

witness statement

and copy of the CFDCICCC OFT 2006

i know im missing a few of the early letters, but there are soo many pages and so many things to copy and print , would be easier if someone could break it down in layman terms please - sorry for being an idiot !

Brent

the judge, erm being the judge can refer to anything he sees fit.

but dont forget this is a directions hearing for advice more than anything.

not only can they advise Barclays to settle before court, they could also advise the claimant to provide certain information to defend the arguement...

but lets not forget, you are at court because of the banks slapping charges on your account which they are not prepared to defend and state how they go from £1.50 administration costs to a profit making £35.

If they can prove they legally get to the amount without making profit then we have to live with it and pay....but can they?

No, I know it, you know it, Barclays knows it and to make things worse the frgn judge knows it too.

This is a posting by Koalaattack

I spoke to a lady at Plymouth Court this morning to check that they had everything they need from me for my hearing and she was brilliant. I cannot thank her enough. She has put my mind at ease as I am worried and certain Barclays won't settle before the day.

Below is a quick version of what she told me, if you have a hearing coming up I hope this helps...

1) don't panic

2) the only people who will be present will be you, a judge and (in her words) Barclays representative if they bother to send them

3) the hearing will be in a relaxed environment in a room not a lot bigger than a front room - that said, make sure you're looking smart so no shorts etc!

4) unless you've been specifically asked to bring something else, your POC and SOC that you submitted with your N1 will be all the judge needs at this point - if you have anything else you feel the judge should see then you are free to bring it (I have two emails from two different members of the LIT team that they want to settle before court so I'm taking them)

5) the hearings are only a very short time so the judge won't be asking you loads of questions - as I am claiming CI I am sure I will get asked about this so I am going to make sure I know exactly what it is and exactly why I am claiming it... if anyone can help me here I would be massively grateful, thanks!

6) The banks very often settle at the very last minute so don't rule this out, but be prepared for the hearing anyway

7) They cannot say that it will be a final hearing as there may be other details the judge will need to consider, there is a good chance the judge will rule in one way or another at this time though as they don't want to waste anymore time

Most importantly she said not to worry. She said the fact that Barclays have emailed to say that they would be looking to settle before court indicates that they are almost admitting they owe me something. She was very positive and really helped.

7) They cannot say that it will be a final hearing as there may be other details the judge will need to consider, there is a good chance the judge will rule in one way or another at this time though as they don't want to waste anymore time

This really suprises me as it seems contrary to the very principle of a Preliminary/Directions Hearing.

How on earth, without having the arguments fully presented, can the judge propose him/herself to be in a position enabling them to reach a considered conclusion?

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Ok went to court and the tall blonde Barrister tried to impress the judge on her knowledge of the unlucky fella in that brum case which he dismissed and basically said he knows what the banks are doing by wasting time and filling the courts and then never actually going to the final hearings , i now have to send another copy of bank statements and charges to there litigation team within 14 days and then they will see if they wish to defend again or settle.

Lets hope its the latter