Turboferret v Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought that I’d write a quick thread about my experience trying to claim my charges from the Halifax. I have 2 accounts, and calculated my charges to be £1705 which included £388 worth of interest between the 2.

I had filed all of my bank statements carefully, but during a house move, managed to misplace them, so had to ask for copies from the bank.

28th June 06 – Statement request letter sent for both accounts with £10 cheque

11th July 06 – Acknowledgement letter

17th July 06 – statements received for 1st account

20th July 06 – 2nd request for statements

14th Aug 06 – Letter received stating statements were being sent by branch

20th Aug 06 - £5 deducted from account for statements

20th Sept 06 – 3rd statement letter sent

28th Sept 06 – Request made in branch for statements

12th Oct 06 – Email request for statements via online service

Mid Oct 06 – Statements received for 2nd account with gap from Jan 03 – Feb 04

This stuck me as very suspicious, the gap was exactly one year, and the year in question was from a period that I was between jobs, and had accumulated a lot of charges. It appeared as though the amounts in my account had been fiddled to try and hide the gap, as the amount in my account on 31st Jan tallied with that on 1st Feb, even though they were a year apart – what were the chances of that happening :o

18th Oct 06 – Email request for gap in statements

Mid Nov 06 – Statement for Feb 04 received – a duplicate of one I already had

7th Dec 06 – 2nd request for gap in statements via telephone

9th Jan 07 – 3rd request for gap in statements via online service

Mid Jan 07 – Investors Account Report received, again, with a 1 year gap

19th Jan 07 4th request for gap in statements via online service

3rd March 07 – 5th request for gap in statements by telephone, informed of 2 week backlog

10th April 07 – 6th request for gap in statements made in branch

Do you notice a pattern here :(:mad:

27th April 07 – 7th request for gap in statements with Subject Access Non-Compliance threat

At this point I managed to find a spreadsheet detailing the charges during my heaviest period of charges – this wasn’t necessarily totally comprehensive, but it didn’t look as though I was getting anywhere quickly with the Halifax through normal channels, without taking them to court for Subject Access Non-Compliance, so I put together my preliminary approach for payment using what evidence I had :)

5th June 07 – Preliminary approach for payment requesting £1697

21st June 07 – Letter before action send requesting £1697

3rd July 07 – Claim submitted on moneyclaim for £1825 (£1705 + £120 fee, the interest had accumulated a bit more since earlier requests)

17th July 07 – Claim acknowledged via Halifax (not in writing direct, but via court)

19th July 07 – Letter received offering Full and Final Settlement of around 50% of claim, with do nothing to accept – responding to letter of 21st June

19th July 07 – Deposits made to accounts of amount noted in letter

23rd July 07 – Letter declining offer sent (#5 from model archive)

25th July 07 – Letter received offering full amount plus court fees – money to be deposited in account within 5 days :p

So, assuming they stick to their word, it's another win against them :D

Cheers, Rich

Well done you!

It's been a saga for you (as it still is for me).

Don't forget a donation ;) to CAG!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Yes, it certainly has been a saga, not helped by the fact that I'm working abroad most of the time!

In hindsight I should have got nasty with them when they weren't sending me the gap in statements, and got the Information Commissioners on them, but from what I have read, that doesn't necessarily make any difference :mad: :mad:

Had I not found a spreadsheet of charges lurking on my computer, I wouldn't be in a very good position :(

Just a question of waiting for the money to hit my account now :D

A slightly different story to a friend who wrote a total of 3 letters to NatWest from start to finish, and got his full amount :shock:

Halifax seem to be one of the harder ones to crack, but you get there in the end :razz:

Cheers, Rich

Friday afternoon, the remaining cash was deposited in my bank account, including the court fees :D

All in all, £1705 + £120 fees

I just need to call the court and get them to drop the case - does anyone know if will they do this over the phone?

Donation to CAG on it's way now :)

Doubt I would have got this result without the templates on this site, and reading the other threads has been a very useful gauge of what I should expect.

Cheers, a very happy Rich :D

Fantastic news on a well deserved win.

In answer to your question you need to put the fact that you are dropping the case against them in writing.

You need to fill in what is called a notuce of discontinuance, which if you haven't already got one can be printed off via the hmcs website Form no. N279.

Hope this helps.

It is also customary to write to H's solicitors advising them that you accept their offer. It is not compulsory, meerly polite.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

:D :D Congratulations...!!!:D :D

Well done, that is great. Thankyou for the donation, dont forget the survuy.

The link is in my signature!! ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Splendid, I'll download an N279 and send that in.

Thanks for all the help - can't believe it took me over a year to get there though!

Survey has been completed, boosted the statistics a bit too :)

Cheers, Rich

Great news and good luck!!

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)