yvonne125 vs halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all. firstly great site and very helpful. i hand delivered my dpa to my branch today paid the fee and got a receipt from them eventially. will keep you up dated. i hope ive posted this correctly im not very good on the pc

Hi yvonne125 and welcome.

Keep up the good work! :D

Nemo me impune lacessit!

The hours of folly are measured by the clock; but of wisdom, no clock can measure.

As long as one person lives in darkness, then it seems to be a responsibility to tell other people.

Welcome aboard.

Now that you've sent your DPA request, spend as much time as you can reading the FAQ section and also the forums - especially other posts in the Halifax forum.

Best of luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thanks jonni2bad. ive already gone through the faqs and looked at the letter templates before i proceeded i wanted to make sure i knew what i had to do before i started. its also great to know though that there are so many people here to help and give advice when needed. all i can say is a big thank you for this site it has been very helpful already

• 3 weeks later...

hi all. thought id give a bit of an update so far i have received 3 letters (all the same) saying that they are dealing with my request for transaction and chargess and that duplicate statements will be sent. maybe they think that if they keep sending me these letters it will buy them more time.... Wrong! anyway will let you know when i finally receive my statements

Good stuff - keep at 'em

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

quick update halifax still havent sent my statements sent them a letter stating only 7 days left of the 40 see what happens now. also went into my local branch to cancel a chq and they wanted to charge me 7.50 what a rip off obviously they didnt get it. told them i would remove the money which they replied that i would be charged 39.00 my reply was " thats ok i will get it back anyway" lol. will keep you updated

There's no harm at the moment in checking with Customer Services in the request is being dealt with. Remind them of the timescale and their duty and that failure to comply will result in a complaint to the IC

received a letter today saying that they are sorry that i have not had a full response to my concerns (i asked for list of charges) and that they will be dealt with as quickly as possible. this letter was from leeds signed by phil giaramita review manager the previous one was from trinity road. has anybody else had this

• 2 weeks later...

its now been 43 days and no statements! just finished writing a letter threatening to take them to court if i dont receive the statements within the next 7 days.i've got a feeling that i still wont have them so probably go to court. great fun anyway will keep you updated

Poor folks - they must be overworked!

quick update. i got annoyed and rang them 2day i ended up speaking to Helen in customer complaints dept. apparently the dpa department have been inundated with requests and are behind sending statements out and that she is making a decision with regards a refund of charges with the information she has on my acc due to my request of a refund (i havent asked for a refund yet as i dont know how much the charges are) but shes still in the proccess of doing this and i will know their decision by 11th Aug. how can they decide anything when i havent requsted a refund????????

Because they are panicking!

Pay no attention to it, unless of course the statements arrive and your total is paid in full....

well i rang them 2day spoke to a very nice man Mark Kellett (01422 332991 direct line) full of apologise and sending my statements today recorded delivery should have them no later than thurs and if i want any help with them to give him a ring. well i'll let you know if i get them and well see if he really is that helpful!

help! ive received my statements and worked how much halifax have taken my question is that with regards to the schedule of charges do i just list them or is there a template for this sorry to be a pain ive looked but cant find anything. any help greatly received

• 3 weeks later...
... the schedule of charges do i just list them or is there a template ....

Did you get this sorted? There are examples of spreadsheets in the Template Library.

If you have not sent something like this already, get on off asap.

cool. well done then!

up date time. received a letter today from laura clarke with a list of charges apologising that it took so long and that it was inexcusable (yeah yeah). and that she was sorry that i was unhappy with their offer of 35.00 and has now offered 325.00 which i have just done aletter refusing as full and final but would accept as part and that the lba runs out on 21st sept and if i havent received a full refund then will start court proceedings on the 22nd. will let you know what happens

• 2 weeks later...