becky v cabot old monument card !

becky75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Becky,

Just a thought. I dont know what debt Mgmt company you are using, but in my experience, the things they do (and usually charge for) you can do yourself. Being on this forum is a great start, and there is plenty of help available. I'd be suprised if they have you in a contract too??

It maybe wise to consider cancelling this and deal direct with your creditors, following the invaluable advice on here. And your probably right, thery're not doing jack s**t. Mine didnt, they even cost me more in the end.

I'd ask for a copy of The DMC's terms and conditions you signed first. Do you pay them a % of your outgoings as admin charges or something along those lines??

For a full list of your creditors, i recommend signing up to a CRA (eg experian) (if the DMC will not provide when you decide to leave them, if you decide of course), this will show you who's owed what and where your at with it all, together with addresses etc. then you need to do what your DMC has done and re-contact them detailing you will be handling your finances and start the process again. After SRA and CCA'ing them all first. Thats my advice, but im sure they'll be others along with more to offer.

• Haha 1

Im no expert on many issues in this forum, but DMC's I know a little about. I would suggest, prior to sending anything to Cabot and cancelling your DMC, i would ask said DMC for a statement of accounts, detailing the deals they agreed on your behalf, the amounts theyve paid and when and to who. Then I would SAR Monument and see where this debt is and who's been cashing the cheques if its sold to Cabot?

Sounds like someone could have been very naughty.

thanks sacg ..............mmmmm sounds interesting eh?

by the way ? don't suppose u or anyone else could tell me what subscribing means?? seeing it a lot sory if being dim :o

No worries. subscribing is basically registering on a thread (topic) so you can monitor them a lot easier and receive notifications when someone responds to something youve started or watching. Basically :)

hope that shines some light

I dont want to assume, but it SEEMS that a certain DMC MAY not have been paying Monument correctly, as agreed. In my expreience, when you enter into a voluntary arrangement with a creditor, they agree it too, and are bound by that agreement for a set period at least. It seems funny that Monument would have sold the account on if they were recieving funds from you via the "DMC". Unless you defaulted on the agreement through the DMC.

Get the statement of accounts from your DMC and definatley send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Monument.

Good luck

All a bit confusing and lax if you ask me. :confused:

You really need to wait for the statement of accounts from your DMC, this will shine light on who's been paid what and when, then you can organise yourself regarding addressing the debts and to whom you need to be in correspondance with. Until you have this, you dont know whats going on. Nice to hear that they'll do the requests now!!! Are you contracted to your DMC? If not, get the statement of accounts and terminate your relationship. You cant be any worse off.:razz:

Who agreed £1 pm payment terms?

I would'nt suggest paying out two amounts to Monument and Cabot until this is rectified. You may be admitting liability to both. Not sure on that one, but worth caution.

I'd also worry about whether Cabot might be adding interest or any kind of charges to the balance. No point paying them £1 a month, if they keep adding several quid a month on top. You'll NEVER get rid of them.

Can they do that> When an agreed payment term has been reached?

Dont panic! Carry on paying who you have been, then you're not in breach of your initial agreement through the DMC (one hopes, if they had any ;) ). No new payments until you know more, and who the hell is getting what. Have you sent for the statement of accounts from the DMC? I would seriously think about losing the DMC, it appears they aint really helping or addressing situations, hence the Monument / Cabot saga. If it were me, I would get the statement and info from the DMC and go from there. Do you have many creditors being dealt with via the DMC?