Grant123 Vs BOS/HBOS.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grant123

IMHO means in my humble opinion,

There is a chance that any new cases against the banks will be stayed by the courts in England while they wait for the High Court decision, however it is probably a good idea to submit the case as leaving could affect the limitations i.e how far back you can go. Just be prepared for a long wait on the other hand you might be lucky and not get a stayed:-)

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]They don't like it up 'em Mr Mannering :-o

Abbey Claiming £1241.00

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requested - 17/02/2007

Prelim sent - 26/03/2007

LBA sent - 13/04/2007

Summary Cause - 22/05/2007

Form 11 - 29/06/2007 (no defence submitted)

Extract of Payment sent 01/08/2007 ALMOST THERE!

*** WON *** Cheque recieved 13/9/2007

Lloyds TSB Claiming £1335.00

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 07/03/2007

Prelim sent - 13/04/2007

LBA sent - 03/05/2007

Summary Cause - 22/05/2007

Form 11 - 29/06/2007 (no defence submitted)

Extract of Payment sent 01/08/2007 ALMOST THERE

**WON** Cheque received 6/9/2007

Hello again

Please remember that what I am suggesting is in the middle of a transition period and everything is changing fast and my suggestion is only that and based on what I have picked up plus a bit of latteral thinking.

Stevokenevos suggestion was perfectly good and people in Scotland were on occassions using a relatives address in England and the local court. That appeared to work well and it did for him and others. Best was furthest north of England as possible in case you needed to travel to court at short notice. As Maryhillgull has stated, this possibility has changed slightly.

The current situation may turn out that cases will be stayed in England, sometime soon. However, this has not happened yet, but must be considered as likely/ possible. You could just get away with it however. The legal situation in Scotland is likely to be different and cases may well continue, from what I understand.

The FOS as you know is not a possibility. Thats our tough luck unfortunately.

I did not file at court and have settled 3 accounts with HBOS- VERY LUCKY!!! However, it shows what can be done by phoning them constantly. You could consider this approach.

One of the big complaints against HBOS is the way they refuse some claims yet pay out on others eg me and others of course, of which there are many. You can put that to them directly and in writing. You seem to have sent your claim letter on 20 July, which is not that long ago. Who sent the refusal letter,, as this sounds like the first stage refusal, I may be wrong. So please give a little more info.

Will check in later to see what other facts are!!

:)

• Haha 1

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

Stevokenevos suggestion was perfectly good and people in Scotland were on occassions using a relatives address in England and the local court. That appeared to work well and it did for him and others. Best was furthest north of England as possible in case you needed to travel to court at short notice. As Maryhillgull has stated, this possibility has changed slightly.

Just to point out, you do NOT need an english address to claim in england, all you do is fill in the N1 form online, print it off and post it to the court local to the defendant e.g your banks english headquarters address.

The Moderators and helpers are working on a petition which will allow cases to continue and overturn any 'stays' which may or may not be imposed.

• Haha 1

Thanks for that Stevokenevo. Howz tricks????

Hope you can make sense of this grant.

If not, let us know.

• Haha 1

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Morning guys

I'm 99% sorted now.

But................

Thanks very very much for your replies. I really appreciate them.

I was thinking about using the MCOL system for my claims as opposed to thge N1 , purely because of the higher claim limit.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Cheers

• Haha 1

Morning, sorry but I have no personal experience. Someone will help though and we will get you there.

I do still think that you might be able to get this sorted by calling HBOS at the claim team. Worth a shot??:)

Might also be better if your thread was in HBOS forum- could a mod or site helper please assist and move this thread over to HBOS?? Thanx!:) :)

Hi Grant

Yes, I came across some and once I find particular cases I will post some links. In the meantime, you could use the search facility on the toolbar above.

:)

Depends on how you are claiming interest Grant.

If you are using spreadie to calculate charges then this is how mine looks

5: Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a). The return of the amounts debited in respect of the charges in the sum of £xxxx.xx

b). Court costs in the sum of £xxx/xx

c). The claimant claims interest under Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per year as from date of first charge to date of filing of N1 in the sum of £xxx.xx and also at the same rate up to the date of Judgement/Settlement at £xx.xx per day ( to get this multipy a + b by 0.0022 this wil give daily rate in pence. You can also add £10 SAR fee if you paid it here I believe if not some-one will correct this) OR at such a rate and for any such periods as the Court deems just.

d). Here you can add your £10.00 SAR fee if applicable.

I have also added another para here "the Claimant will also ask for any and all cost incurred by Him in bringing this action to be paid by the Defendant"

don`t know how this will work I`m trying to get money back for postage, stationary, Book and Lawpack small claims kit ( SEE LINKS ON LEFT, GOOD INVESTMENT) so far over £100.00 plus time for day off work to attend Court. Parking fees kept all reciepts etc. I`m not holding my breath on this, but After all Howard`s p*ssing me around it is worth a try. poke.gif

Hope this helps.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Hi sorry maybe did'ne explain myself to well it was the part in the lilac font I was to sure about.

c) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from [date when the money became owed to you] to [the date you are issuing the claim] of £ [amount] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of [enter the daily rate of interest]

Cheers

Yeah it is date of first charge to date of filing of N1.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

Hi Grant, I think some have and Barclays lost a load had them set aside. there is a thread about on here somewhere. But IMHO I dont think thay they will apply for stays as they have to ask for each individual claim and it will cost them loads, and as they will prob expect to lose in the current situation, I just can`t see it happening. Good luck!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Sokay lots have helped me. payback time LOL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Hello everybody

Has anyone has a stay placed on their case at Halifax Crown Court ?

I've found a list, link below which says they are staying all cases can anyone confirm this ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/109936-find-out-here-if.html?highlight=groovycaz

• Haha 1