Drew v Amex

andyford2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent them my LBA and they received it on the 6th August and they rejected it as you can imagine. I am claiming £455.00 plus £401.10 in interest since the first payment.

what is the next stage, I am claiming CCI or should I ammend it and use th 8% this confuses me so much.

It depends what you mean by CCI - if it is the compound interest they charged you on the charges you can calim that an dthen add 8% s69 interest on top. If it is compound interest at their contractual rate as a remedy for the fact they took your money and you were therefore without it, then you just claim that (butit is wise to give the court the option 'in the alternative...' to pay you 8% s69 interest instead.

my head hurts with all this interest thingy

i used vamps spreadsheet 13 and used a interest of 22.13 added to all charges. was this wrong

i am also looking through my statements and going to claim my PPi back too but have notice deductions for interest applied, what are these

i used vamps spreadsheet 13 and used a interest of 22.13 added to all charges. was this wrong
No, that's fine but the rationale for claiming it is that that is what you would have had to have paid to borrow money to replace what Amex had of yours. This is a little contentious (less so now) so should claim it but give the court the option of paying 8% instead.

i am also looking through my statements and going to claim my PPi back too but have notice deductions for interest applied, what are these
I presume this is just the interest on your balance each month.

Hi Andyford2000,

Amex will fob you off as they always do, but then start to offer gesture of goodwill offers.

I only claimed what they owed me with the 8% s69 interest on top. Accepted offer only as partial settlement with intent to claim rest through court.

Filed the claim on the 17th August, was deemed served with AMEX on the 20th and they called me wanting to settle in full on the 21st.

Just going through the motions now, but when I spoke to them re the settlement they made it clear that they are not keen to go to court. Hopefully that has been and will continue to be the case with many others that file against them.

Good luck and keep to your timelines.

Sam

Had a reply today from AMEX, would welcome an thoughts or comments

Dear Mr Ford

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of you letter, received in this office on the 4th September.

As you have indicated that you are dissatisfied with our initial response, your complaint has now been escalated and will be investigated further.

Please be assured that you will receive a response as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Elaine Hayward

Excutive Customer Relations Administrator

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy

On my claim from Amex which was successful, I claimed only the 8% interest. Looking at your figures they appear to have paid you out the difference between,what you were charged and what they are charging now.

The letter you have recieved is fairly standard.

If I was you I would send them a letter excepting as partial payment and continue for the full ammount owed.

I make your charges £425.00 + (8% = £63.55) = £488.55 total to claim.

Amex have paid you so far £320.55, so they still owe you £168.00

• Haha 1

All advice given is without any liability and has been picked up from my own experiences.

Never give up hope - Life is to short.

they hace actually missed 2 charges at the start for £15.00 each

i make it £455.00 + (£153.87) 8% interest leaving a defferance of £288.32

should i just send a partial offer accepted and pursue for the rest, or should i just take and run. wont the courts be happy that they have ammend they charges to £8.00

your comments are welcomed

Not what your spreadsheet states, so is it your error or theirs.

You need to re look at the info you have posted.

All advice given is without any liability and has been picked up from my own experiences.

Never give up hope - Life is to short.

they seem to think it would be ok to charge me £8 for each charge, how would this stand up in court
THis is almost certainly completely academic - it should never get to court.

Your claim is on the basis that these charges are contract penalties, so the £8 is irrelevant because that is based on the UTCCR1999 (at least on Amex' interpretation of it).

• 2 weeks later...

this is my reply with regards rejection there initial offer, thoughts please

American Express Services Europe Ltd

Data Protection Office

Dept 2007 Amex House

Edward Street

Brighton

East Sussex

BN88 1AH

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1234567890

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Mr Dobson,

Thank you for your letter dated 25th September 2007.

I respectfully decline your offer as full and final settlement and request, once again that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totaling £455. plus a further £153.87 8% interest totaling £608.87.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

If you do not accept my conditions for acceptance, or you do not respond within 14 days, I shall have no alternative to pursue the recovery of said monies through the County Court, including any further costs incurred by myslelf. For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer under the terms stated in your letter.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully