Powergen Had Us On The Wrong Tariff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We moved into our 1 bed apartment in April 06, due to the fact we have an apartment there is no gas in the building so everything is electric encluding the heating, we currently have Economy 7 heating which is a law to itself and we have been recieving really high bills for this, we only have 3 heaters one in the bedroom, lounge and bathroom, we used to pay £30 per month which we didnt think was bad until we got a bill through saying we were in debt by £400, we called to be told there is nothing wrong with there meter and the readings were correct, we were told this on 4 occasions so we had to increase our direct debit from £30 per month to £108 to compensate for the debt, as we live in an apartment we weren't allowed access to our meter cupboard (which is rubbish) but as the apartments have been taken over by a new management company they gave us the code to check our meter and can you believe it, they Powergen dont even have us on economy 7 they have us on the same daily rate to night rate therefore our bills have been sky high, basically they are saying we use the same amount eletric as a 5 bed house would (i dont think so) we spoke with a really helpfull lady that took our meter readings and asked us to do an hourly test as she agreed that all our account info was a complete mess all wrong from the day we moved in, she is sending us out a bill and we are to call her back once recieved and they will credit all amounts owing to us and put us on the correct tariff, my advise to people is dont give up as they will try to rob you best way they can!

Nationwide Won - £2000 :D

Barclay Card - Hearing Date 14/08/07 :???:

Capital One - N1 Filed ;)

Did you bring your Pgen account with you to this address?

At least they have offered to resolve this issue with you for you overpayments.

Those electric wall heaters cost a fortune to run and only work if your at home all day long, even on E7 tarrifs they worked out badly effective for warmth vs costs(for me).

How did you buy somewhere that you couldnt get access to your meters?

Seems a half and half situation because one of the first jobs when one moves into a new place is to get meter readings and send them into the supplier.

I hope you have some luck resolving your overpayments, Pgen are a fairly decent supplier in that area and should issue you a refund providing your consumption has deacreased accordingly:)