• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

welsh girl v NatWest claim 1 **WON**

welsh girl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please please HELP!!! about to cry! received "notice of transfer of proceedings" the filing of the A.Q. has been dispensed with unless the district judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise. With this i have received a second copy of the defence entered by cobbetts along with a "request for further info and clarification" the request is served persuant to CPR part 18 alternatively with regard to CPR rule 27.2(3) I am asked to provide a response in accordance with CPR 18 by 23 july 2007!! HELP what do i need to do?? iI have already included the info thay are requesting in previous leters requesting my money back, although i did not list what each charge was for,only charge value/date/interest/total which i did for each year i was claiming from 19/01/2001 to29/04/2006. Thay are also asking me to" Specify all of the facts relied on by the claimant in support of the contentions in paragraph 3 ("an unfair penalty under the unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations1999"),and in particular please identify the regulations of the unfair terms in consumer contract regulatios 1999 relied upon by the claimant in alleging that the contractual provision(s) referred to are unenforceable." can anyone please tell me what i should do!! sorry to be so long winded but i needed to get all thefacts to you good people! In anticipation of your response, clutching a box of hankies!!! Welsh Girl :(:confused: :confused:

Hi Weslh girl

Welcome to the NatWest forum where you will find all the help you need.

First things first - Don't Panic (and don't cry)

What you have received is perfectly standard stuff. You do not need to respond to Cobbetts CPR 18 request (which they know full well - they are only doing it to intimidate you). You should send them a copy of your schedule (NatWest won't have sent them one), copied to the court where the case has been transferred (wher is that by the way?)

MCOL has dispensed wit the AQ and it may be that your local court does to. Wait until you hear from them and, if they have dispensed with the AQ too, then write to the court like this: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-711002.html.

Keep us posted on what happens - there is always someone here to help

• Haha 1

:) Thank you so much Steven for replying so quickly,i have now steped away from the box of tissues ha!ha! Could you posibly supply me with a template letter of resonse to "cobblers" and also what i should write to the court please which by the way is in Welshpool Mid Wales,i have come this far and would hate to jeopardise my chanses now. By the way" Nasty west" have made me an offer on 20/6/07 for all my charges £1,137.00 but without interest and court fees, i have not responded yet,what should i write as i intend to hold out for the full amount of £1,603.99 which was issued through MCOL on 6/6/07.Thank you so much Welsh Girl:)

Welsh girl

You will find a template letter for Cobbetts regarding their CPR 18 request here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request.html

You should write to NatWest (if you haven't already) and accept their offer as a partial settlement only and state that you intend to pursue the claim for interest and court costs.

Thanks again, is there a template letter for accepting a partial offer as im sure i need to state that it is" without prejudice" do i send all copies of correspondance to the county court? I'm so sorry to be such a nusance but i'm getting so nervous and do'nt really want to go to court!!!!!:eek:

Send a copy of the the CPR letter to the court. You don't need to send the rejection letter - they will get that in your court bundle (if you ever need to produce one).

I don't think you need 'without prejudice' - just write a simple letter such as

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your offer of £xxx in respect of repayment of charges on my account. I will accept the sum offered only as a partial settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder of my claim, namely £xxxx interest plus court costs.

Your sincerely

welsh girl

hi all, would like someones advice on my husbands claim please,issued a claim on mcol on 22/6/07 and acording to mcol it was defended on the same date how can this be????? but we have heard nothing since. No defence received from Cobbetts or notification from Northampton so could someone enlighten me on what i should do please. I received mine and am at the stage of replying to CPR18. Thanks in advance, Welsh Girl :confused: :confused:

Phone Northampton in the morning and ask for the status on your husband's claim - they should be able to tell you whether nat west have submitted a defence. If they haven't, they'll also be able to advise you on whether you should apply for judgement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

hey hedgey, thanks so much will do that lets hope i can apply for judgement!!! been reading your posts with interest thanks for the latest very useful your a "STAR" and V funny, will keep you all posted!!! (perhaps thay do'nt know where mid wales is :rolleyes: )W.G.

just thought i'd let you know hedgey my hubby's from manchester!

Ahhhhhh........... he must be ace then!!! ;) xx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

:) Thanks Steven for all your advice, i've been reading all your posts with interest hope i can follow it all, let's hope NatWest will pay up full amount soon?? will keep you informed W.G.

well rang Northampton this a.m. informed me that a defence had been submitted on 26/6/07 and it had been sent out,told them we hadnt received so there sending out another, should receive it by wed at latest. we havent received anything from Cobbetts though, what should i do, should i ring them??????? can anyone advise please,as it seems to me thay've had extra time!!!! thanks W.G.:confused: :confused:

Cobbetts normally send you a copy of their defence and they do seem to get away with taking extra time (and nobody stops them!).

The next stage is that your claim will be transferred to your local court. You need do nothing until you hear from them. You will find Cobbetts defence a bit difficult - they will no doubt say they are 'embarrassed' because they haven't a clue what you are going on about, that you are taking their client to court who has never done anything wrong and they don't know why, boo hoo.

You should ignore it except for sending them a copy of your schedule with a brief covering letter (Dear Cobbetts, for you information, yours WG).

Keep us posted, wait until you hear fromn the local court and we'll take it from there.

hi steven thanks again for advice, what would we do without you??? i dread to think speaking for myself of course !!! will keep on waitingggg then. Going to begin claim against Natwest on behalf of my daughter now,as you've all given me the confidence to take on "the big guns" yahhhh look out Natwest!!!!!!!!!;) speak soon W.G.

hay everybody,i cant contain myself any longer ,had to tell you now before i go mad i received a cheque this A.M. for£1,026.79p in respect of the claim i did for my hubby, THE FULL AMOUNT!!!!! I cant belive i've done something right at last!!! but couldnt have done without all your help CAG!!! thank you so much. wish my claim would settle did mine before his grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! W.G.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Great result welshgirl................ enjoy your winnings!!

Best wishes, hedgey xxx :D :D :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

hi all, need advice A.S.A.P please as need to send off my CPR 18 today,ive recalculated my claim and there seems to be a variance of £22.85p??????????? used money expert calculator initially, then redid it on CAG'S site on spread sheet as didnt include decription of what charges were!! do i send the original or the new on?? as Cobbetts might question this, also the court, and one last thing please,is there a template to stop court action NatWest have now paid up on hubbys claim. Thanks for your patience W.G.

hi all, need advice A.S.A.P please as need to send off my CPR 18 today,ive recalculated my claim and there seems to be a variance of £22.85p??????????? used money expert calculator initially, then redid it on CAG'S site on spread sheet as didnt include decription of what charges were!! do i send the original or the new on?? as Cobbetts might question this, also the court, and one last thing please,is there a template to stop court action NatWest have now paid up on hubbys claim. Thanks for your patience W.G.
Just realise they are 2 different claims - ignore previous post.

Download notice of discontinuance form N279 from court service website

I would just tell them that you got a differnet answer this time by £22.85p and the amount you are claiming is now whatever. UNless it is £22.85 more - in which case saythe same but claim the old lower figure.

hi steven, that was my hubbys claim this one is mine and i claimed before him but he's had his money first!!!!! i'm the one who's thick i didnt make myself very clear sorry :o w.g