juson4 vs Natwest

juson4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, im at the panicky stage in my claim against Natwest. They have just made a defence on the last day of my mcol process. I now have to go to court but after reading so many threads i'm so confused as to what i should be doing now. Its all so complicated for a woman on her own who has trouble findin things on computers. I would really really appreciate any help or advice that will help me prepare for the next stage, i really dont want to just give up because i dont understand what im doing, but am feeling out of my depth now.

Please Help

:???: :? :? :?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi juson

dont panic........

weve all been where you are.......you will win ............so stay calm......wait until u recieve the defence and then if u need help post on here and someone will help you......

people have loads of experience so dont worry

scott

............. and there speaks a man who's won back over £35K from nat west juson, so don't worry - you'll be absolutely fine!

Welcome on board the nat west forum by the way!

Don't panic in the slightest - just post back on here at every step of the way and we'll support and advise you throughout the process. ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

hi juson

dont panic........

weve all been where you are.......you will win ............so stay calm......wait until u recieve the defence and then if u need help post on here and someone will help you......

people have loads of experience so dont worry

scott

hi thanks Scott, i will. Thanks for the reassurance

juson

............. and there speaks a man who's won back over £35K from nat west juson, so don't worry - you'll be absolutely fine!

Welcome on board the nat west forum by the way!

Don't panic in the slightest - just post back on here at every step of the way and we'll support and advise you throughout the process. ;)

Thanks again for the reassurance, i will definately need help on this. Will post as and when

Juson

Just remember - you're in the right here. The bank applied these penalty charges to your account unlawfully - it's your right as a consumer to challenge them and to have your money returned.

Read as much as you possibly can to familiarise yourself with the process, particularly around the stage you're at right now. These will definitely help if you haven't read them yet Frequently Asked Questions Example Step-By-Step Instructions it's worth printing them off for future reference.

Best of luck - and don't worry, keep posting on this thread and you'll be fine! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Well, here we go ! Natwest placed a defence yesterday at the last minute yet this morning i recieved a letter from Cobbetts which encloses

1. Defence

2. Request or further information.

They were quick with this compared to the rest of the timings !!

The letter says that they have filed the same with the court.

Now its gettin scary :Cry:

It says

you are asked to provide a response to this request in accordance with CPR Part 18 by 25th July.

It then goes on to say

2.Please prvide the following particulars in support of your claim:

To what account, name number and sort code were these charges applied

In relation t each charge please identify the date the amount the reason.

In relation to each charge please clarify the following(a) is it the case of the claimant the same should not have been charged? if yes plase explain why the claimant should not have been chrged..

I could go on but i'm sure you are familiar with this letter.

Request number 3. In your claim you stat that charges are " an unfair penalty under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999

Please specify all of the facts relied on by the Climant in support of the contentions and in particular please identify the regulations of The Unfair Consumer Contract Regulations 1999 relied upon by the claimant in alleging that the contractual provision reffered to are enforceable.

Help, im baffled and can quite see how its easier to just give up at this stage.

So confused and lost.

They have all the charge details, i sent them to them twice with no response.

What now ?

Don't worry juson, you've received the cobbetts CPR part 18 request for further information. You don't need to respond to this unless the court orders you to do. However, send them a copy of this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request.html along with a copy of your schedule of charges.

Cobbetts send these to intimidate you and put you off. But don't fall for it - just send them the above letter.

Just out of interest, how much are you reclaiming?

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Don't worry juson, you've received the cobbetts CPR part 18 request for further information. You don't need to respond to this unless the court orders you to do. However, send them a copy of this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request.html along with a copy of your schedule of charges.

Cobbetts send these to intimidate you and put you off. But don't fall for it - just send them the above letter.

Just out of interest, how much are you reclaiming?

Thanks for the reassurance. Do you mean send a copy to Cobbetts? and do i send one to the court as well?

I'm claiming £3,020 . It may not seem a huge amount but its the difference between keeping my house and not at the moment. I know i have to see it through but its quite daunting.

keep going juson4, know how you feel.

keep following the advice and you will be fine, had this and now have been told to enter judgement so i am in final stages.

you will get there.

good luck.

keep going juson4, know how you feel.

keep following the advice and you will be fine, had this and now have been told to enter judgement so i am in final stages.

you will get there.

good luck.

thanks and good luck with yours. I'll look out for your result

Thanks for the reassurance. Do you mean send a copy to Cobbetts? and do i send one to the court as well?

I'm claiming £3,020 . It may not seem a huge amount but its the difference between keeping my house and not at the moment. I know i have to see it through but its quite daunting.

Send a copy to Cobbetts - copy for yourself.

£3,020 is an awful lot of money IMHO and it's your money - the bank just took it unlawfully and you now have the right to reclaim it.

Don't worry - it can seem really daunting at this stage but we'll offer as much support and advice as we can to guide you through the process.

Chin up - you'll be fine. xx :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Send a copy to Cobbetts - copy for yourself.

£3,020 is an awful lot of money IMHO and it's your money - the bank just took it unlawfully and you now have the right to reclaim it.

Don't worry - it can seem really daunting at this stage but we'll offer as much support and advice as we can to guide you through the process.

Chin up - you'll be fine. xx :)

Thanks Hedgy, i've spent the day reading all threads on here and really ended up confusing myself even more.

Finally i stopped looking and have done the letter you posted for me and will send it recorded delivery in the morning. My letter from Cobbetts said i had to respond with the information before July 25th, will this be seen as the response as i don't want to run out of time with them?

Julie

Don't worry Julie, the letter that you're sending to cobbetts is classed as a response, just attach a copy of your schedule of charges to it.

It's so confusing at first when you start to read threads, as you become 'bombarded' with information. But please try not to worry. I know this is easier said than done, but I'm going through the same process that you are at the moment so trust me, you're doing great! xx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Don't worry Julie, the letter that you're sending to cobbetts is classed as a response, just attach a copy of your schedule of charges to it.

It's so confusing at first when you start to read threads, as you become 'bombarded' with information. But please try not to worry. I know this is easier said than done, but I'm going through the same process that you are at the moment so trust me, you're doing great! xx ;)

Thanks for the guidance and support you're giving me. I'll try not to appear quite so dumb and will try to chill a little ;)

Will keep posting for help.

Think i need that glass of wine now :oops:

Many Thanks Hedgey

xxx

You don't appear dumb at all - you should have seen me at first........... now I could have been classed as dumb!!

Get that glass of wine........... you're doing a grand job!! xx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

You don't appear dumb at all - you should have seen me at first........... now I could have been classed as dumb!!

Get that glass of wine........... you're doing a grand job!! xx ;)

Somehow i just cant imagine that :-)

Got that wine and will have another just for you ;) XXX

Got that wine and will have another just for you ;) XXX

Thank you.............. you're a darling............. and I'll be joining you with my own glass tomorrow night! xx;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Just recieved a "Notice of Transfer of Proceedings" from Northampton to Newark count court, but with no date. Included was a copy of the papers i got from Cobbetts plus a letter from the court saying Allocation Questionnaire be dispensed with unless District Judge at transfer court orders otherwise.

also added;

Note; Any party affected by this Order may under Rule 3.3(5)apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party may apply under Rule 23.3 within 14 days of service of this order.

????????????????????????????????????

Can anyone help me on this stage pleaaaseeeeeeeeeeee.

Don't worry - it's all standard stuff! You've dealt with the CPR part 18 request - so you don't have to do anything for the moment. Knowing cobbetts, I imagine your defence is pretty standard too!

You should hear from your local court in a few days. Your local court may still be issuing the AQ - Northampton always dispense with the AQ for MCOL claimants, but very often an AQ is still issued by your own court. Have a read through the link in my signature for 'Nat West Claimants' - just to give you more of an idea.

And above all.............. try not to worry too much. I know that's easier said than done, but just post on here whenever you're not sure of anything. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Juson, I am at precisely the same stage as you are, so I'll keep an eye out for how you're getting on. :)

keep in touch so we can keep each other informed. Good Luck xxx

just taken payment of my fees (£100) to my local court so will hear about a courrt date pretty soon i'm sure. Got knotts in my stomach at the thought and am a bit panicky that my list o charges is not presented very proffessionally as its just a list. Does anyone have a template on a spreadsheet as im not too good at setting them up and would appreciate a template to enter my details onto.

I'd feel happier if it was presented better.

ThanksXXXXXXX

If you haven't done so already, I'd advise you to download one of these 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets - try one of the 'simple' versions - and enter your charges in as directed. Don't delete the info that's already there - just 'overwrite' it until all of your charges are in the spreadsheet and then get rid of anything you don't need (it automatically calculates the 8% interest as well).

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***