Won Nationwide Current Acct £550

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

After requesting details of charges back in Feb, then sending the template letters I was having no joy - v nervous about taking them to court, so....

I contacted the Financial Ombusman Service, really easy over the phone, they sent me a form to fill in with copies of all correspondance to and from Nationwide. They acknowledged receipt within days, and wrote to Nationwide. Nationwide replied with bank charges back in full £550. Only took a max of 2 weeks from getting in touch with FOS, it was free, very helpfull, to get Nationwide to agree to refund, and it was in my bank the following week.

The FOS are investigating 4 seperate accounts now on my behalf, its the only way the banks will listen, all have been quick to reply to FOS, until then I got no joy.

The forms can be printed off the website, but they cannot help if you have started court action - give them a go, and see if they can help, but bear in mind it could take a max of 6 months to resolve.

Have now managed to meet all repayments on other cards to get back on track thanks to this refund!

Sorry, forgot to add, but there must be 8 weeks from when you notified the bank (Nationwide) of the complaint, i.e excessive bank charges, before the Financial Ombusman Service can investigate your complaint.

Nationwide wrote back to me and said they had 8 weeks from when the FOS wrote to them on my behalf - don't fall for this, its def when you first made Nationwide aware of your complaint.

On the FOS form they require the dates of when you first thought there was something wrong - I put the date I requested info on charges, and the date you wrote to Nationwide first requesting the refund and complaint.

They are very helpfull on the phone if you have any problems with the form, but it is really easy to fill in.

Good luck