• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

un1boy - N1 issued for breach of CCA request

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is just typical of the kind of cr** going on

I had a case where I entered judgement, because it was with an element of "at courts discretion" they fast tracked it

Some months later, the Defendant applied to be able to set aside judgement and enter a Defence - it was allowed!

It seems as you say the banks just push everything to the limit and know the courts will allow them more time (mainly under the "overriding objective" rule)

I have a similar thing going through soon that I cant talk about at the mo, but I'll eat my hat if my prediction is wrong

And if I'm right I will well and truly throw my toys out the pram

I have thrown my toys out anyway, it's disgusting - I told the court manager that would happen and when he called me back I just, "I told you so!"

I asked what he was gonna do about it and he just said, "I can't do anything - it's a Judges's decision"

I said, well can you tell me why my POCS weren't even read and why the Judge originally ordered a stay when the defedant had defended my claim completely differently to anything in my POCs? And, why although the defendant is a multi billion pound company they were awarded another 28 days to enter a new defence and a further 7 days extension? He said, "No, can't" i also pointed out that I was a litigant in person and have managed to do everything properly and that if they were suing me, the court would not allow me to get away with treating the defendannt or court with such contempt.

I have asked for a full review.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they took your letter as an objection. there are valid reasons why someone would not want them combined together, especially cost implications, since doing so may bump the claim up from small claims to fast track, or fast track to the dreaded multi-track.

I don't think I quite understand your post, sorry.

It is the bank that have rqeuested the collaboration of both claims. I received an applcation request and an order saying that there was a hearing booked and it was going to be on a conference call basis.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

I don't think I quite understand your post, sorry.

It is the bank that have rqeuested the collaboration of both claims. I received an applcation request and an order saying that there was a hearing booked and it was going to be on a conference call basis.

If, say, you are suing them for 3,000, and they are suing you for 2,500, both cases would be heared in the small claims track. The costs would be very limited. If both cases were then heared on a combined case, it might be enough to bump up the complexity / monetary value of the case to the next tier up... fast track... the two small claims cases would involve substantially lower cost awards to the losing side than a single fast track court case.

In your case, your argument seems to be that they have no hope of winning their claim...

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

If, say, you are suing them for 3,000, and they are suing you for 2,500, both cases would be heared in the small claims track. The costs would be very limited. If both cases were then heared on a combined case, it might be enough to bump up the complexity / monetary value of the case to the next tier up... fast track... the two small claims cases would involve substantially lower cost awards to the losing side than a single fast track court case.

In your case, your argument seems to be that they have no hope of winning their claim...

Ok, I get it.

That is partly my argument: Do you think it's worth me sending a letter to the court stating the requirements of sec 78, 60, 61 and 127(3) and maybe asking for an order to be made, as any hearing really is a waste of time.

I could also include reference to some of Mrs. Wilson's cases?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

This is what I want to send, all any comments greatefully received:

I am writing with reference to the order made 6th November 2007 in which the defendant was given a further 7 days to enter their defence.

I would like to request for the order be struck out and apply for permission to issue judgment against the defendant for the following reasons:

• The defendant failed to issue a valid response during the first 28 days they are entitled to
  • The claim was stayed in error and the defendant was given a further 28 days to enter another defence
  • The defendant failed to enter their defence within the second 28 days granted
  • The defendant, whom has qualified legal representation, has failed to enter a valid defence even though having a total of 56 days to do so.
  • The defendant has entered an application request to have another claim collaborated with this one: both claims are separate and I have written evidence from the defendant stating that the other claim is not covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended) (“The act”).
  • Section 78(1) of the act states:

78 Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a) the state of the account, and

(b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

© the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

The defendant has failed to supply a copy of “any other document referred to in it” by not supplying a copy of the original terms and conditions, which Trading Standards have confirmed is an offence.

They have also failed to supply the documentation required under paragraphs (a),(b) and ©.

I have been in contact with the defendant for over 12 months trying to resolve the situation without involving the courts; they have ignored all of my letters since February 2007.

The defendant has been unlawfully enforcing the agreement since the Claimant’s request in August 2006, despite the requirements of section 78(5):

(5) A statement under subsection (4) shall be given within the prescribed period after the end of the period to which the statement relates.

(6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Furthermore, I would politely request that an order is made in favour of the Claimant due to the fact that the defendant has failed to supply an agreement which complies with section 60(1) and section 61(1)(a) of the act. Therefore, under section 127(3) the court is prohibited from making an enforcement order against the Claimant:

127 Enforcement orders in cases of infringement

(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

My request for judgment is to save all parties time and costs.

I have only asked the court to intervene as all other attempts to resolve it with the defendant have been exhausted.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

*bump* for the above please

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Ok guys, I'm putting the letter on the previous page in the post tomorrow!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Cheers fellas.

I am going to fax it to the court tomorrow.

I'll let you know how it goes!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Un1,

I have read this thread with interest now. You are taking on the bulls and I totally understand where you are coming from. I have done the same (very different POC's, but along similar undertones...)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/111018-penfold-barclays-woolwich-no.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/78025-natwest-rbs-help-advice.html

The main thing is they have no defense. They will throw all sorts to make you doubt yourself and your claim. Hold firm and remember that the judge (as much of a pain as it is) has to allow the defense as much time as they can. It just appears that is the way all these sols work and the courts let them get away with it. How wonderful for you though if you ever get to court to say "well they have all this time and still have come up with nothing..."

Good luck,

Penfold

Hi Un1,

I have read this thread with interest now. You are taking on the bulls and I totally understand where you are coming from. I have done the same (very different POC's, but along similar undertones...)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/111018-penfold-barclays-woolwich-no.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/78025-natwest-rbs-help-advice.html

The main thing is they have no defense. They will throw all sorts to make you doubt yourself and your claim. Hold firm and remember that the judge (as much of a pain as it is) has to allow the defense as much time as they can. It just appears that is the way all these sols work and the courts let them get away with it. How wonderful for you though if you ever get to court to say "well they have all this time and still have come up with nothing..."

Good luck,

Penfold

Hi Penfold,

Thanks for your post.

I just think that this should be done automatically - the courts shold automatically ask to see the docs before any legal action can be taken - afterall, as you say, they actually have no defence at all.

I just can't afford the time or costs it is and has cost me already, let alone the time etc to go to the court. I have a phone conference hearing, apparently.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

How did you get one of these??

More courts are doing this now especially with the Banks. I had one for lifting the stay on my HSBC case. It was ok, but I would have preferred to look the defence in the eye...

As for the system Un1, it is weird, but it appears in this country you are guilty unless to defend... But if you are attacking a bank....well then you are not right unless they have been given every opportunity and then some...LOL

Penfold

Uniboy, I went to court with NEXT and arrived for a hearing to learn that NEXT were by telephone. I was mad as hell that I had gone to the court and they "were off the hook" on the telephone.

However I was at a huge advantage. You get to see the judges face and read their body language. If you mess up you see it on their faces and can stop talking! The guy on the telephone has none of this.

If you can attend, I would advise you do!

Uniboy, I went to court with NEXT and arrived for a hearing to learn that NEXT were by telephone. I was mad as hell that I had gone to the court and they "were off the hook" on the telephone.

However I was at a huge advantage. You get to see the judges face and read their body language. If you mess up you see it on their faces and can stop talking! The guy on the telephone has none of this.

If you can attend, I would advise you do!

Thanks.

I would like to attend in person, but the order says it's a telephone conference - I might ask for a hearing in person and say that I am not confident on hte phone....hehe

My charges claims:

Default removals:

ok guys, what would happen with this situation?

One claim for the CC entered in the court near where I live.

A few months later I eneter the claim for the OD in the court near my work.

The bank ask for the claims to be consolidated in the court dealing with the credit card. The Jusge orders a hearing to discuss.

In the meantime I enter a judgement request agasint the defendent for the OD claim as they have not entered a defence. My judgement is granted and the defendent is ordered to pay my claim in full.

Would this Judgment be honoured, or would it be struck out?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

The bank would have to make an application to the court for the judgment to be set aside. They won't need much of an excuse and the judge would be likely (but not certain) to agree to a setaside.

Having said that, I'm sure you aren't going to draw the bank's attention to it, so if they overlook it, send in the bailiffs!

What is the timescale, vis a vis the directions hearing and the judgment date?

Els

Would this Judgment be honoured, or would it be struck out?

Almost certainly set aside.

I would write to them, informing them of the judgement, and asking payment. See what they reply.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Thanks guys.

The hearing date for the consolidation discussion is in about 2 weeks.

Im not getting my hopes up, we will see what happens.

I want them to remove all data etc too, which is not in the judgement order - should I contact the court to ask them to order that as well? They have only dealt with the monetary side of the claim.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Bloody courts are useless though - I faxed a letter to the head of department in my local court asking for a judgment ot be made agaisnt the defendant for the credit card claim, including all relvant sections of the cca, in an attempt to not waste all parties' time (as I have to take time off work and they will have to pay someone to attend) and there is no recollection of it on the system.

I called the department manager and he said he'd look into it and call me back - which he didn't. So, I have to make yet another call to him tomorrow.

The thing that annoys me is that the prelim hearing date would probably already have been set if this claim had not been stayed and then there would be no consolidation issue at all.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

No update, have to attned court on the date.

The judge has told me I can enter an application notice but that it will be dealt with at the hearing, apparently, the issue would be inappropriate to deal with on paper.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

No update, have to attned court on the date.

The judge has told me I can enter an application notice but that it will be dealt with at the hearing, apparently, the issue would be inappropriate to deal with on paper.

Hello Uniboy,

Just offering my support for this long drawn out process.

Keep your chin up:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW