SLC Cannot Supply The Original Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Exactly, time for a change, don't ya think? :)

What's the point? They're all the same!!:mad:

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point? They're all the same!!:mad:

I meant the consumer revolution!!! mwhahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

I meant the consumer revolution!!! mwhahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa :)

Oh, I see!! :D

Shall we start a ballot for which CAG members we want as our MPs?

Peter can be Minister for Debt Collection - first law to be abolished - Enforcement powers! :D

Oh dear! Off topic again!! :rolleyes:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4 .............................. ZAP!!

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Oh, I see!! :D

Shall we start a ballot for which CAG members we want as our MPs?

Peter can be Minister for Debt Collection - first law to be abolished - Enforcement powers! :D

Oh dear! Off topic again!! :rolleyes:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4 .............................. ZAP!!

Haha, sounds good!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Hi

Steady MIB are bad enough don't want MI5 on our necks

You not seen me !!Right

Peter (oops no not me someone else.)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Anybody interested in the origins of banking, avery interesting read.

The Origins of Modern Banking

Like a good conspiricy.

The The Rothschilds Part I

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Right, after sending template N (request for agreement in accordance with CCA), i have received this reply a month later, along with an unsigned (by anyone) copy of my agreement.

I have enclosed a true copy of the agreement which fulfils our obligations under section 77 of the CCA. I can also confirm that our laid down written procedures require the bank to provide each customer with a a copy of the agreement at the time paperwork is completed (really cant remember if i got this). As per regulation 3(2)(b) Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Document) Regulations 1983 this copy does not require signing.

I trust this meets with your requirements.

HSBC

Am i correct in thinking they have already defaulted, and that they have actually acheived nothing by sending this to me ? There isnt a signature anywhere on it.

Any help from you superbrains would be marvellous.:D

Ross

Right, after sending template N (request for agreement in accordance with CCA), i have received this reply a month later, along with an unsigned (by anyone) copy of my agreement.

Am i correct in thinking they have already defaulted, and that they have actually acheived nothing by sending this to me ? There isnt a signature anywhere on it.

Any help from you superbrains would be marvellous.:D

Ross

If you haven't signed, or they can't provide a true copy, then how can they enforce it. As posted earlier they may as well claim your first born if you default, without your signiture it is meaningless.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

If you haven't signed, or they can't provide a true copy

Im not saying i never signed a copy, im just curious about the

As per regulation 3(2)(b) Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Document) Regulations 1983 this copy does not require signing.

part and if it actually means anything ? It sounds like they are saying 'this law doesnt apply to HSBC'.

Hi

|I am afraid they do not have to supply a signed copy of the orriginal executed agrement as the regulation they quote is correct.

However the agreement has to be a true copy in every other respect check it for the prescribed terms and also ensure it has the particulars on it are what you would expect on an agreement of the date you signed it, ie if signed before 2004 it should not contain Key finantial information also the penalties would be different if in doubt post it on here and someone will look at it for you.

Regards

Peter

• Haha 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Whilst they may be able to supply a non signature document for the purposes of the CCA a court CANNOT make an enforcement order WITHOUT there being a properly executed signed (by the debtor) agreement

Whilst they may be able to supply a non signature document for the purposes of the CCA a court CANNOT make an enforcement order WITHOUT there being a properly executed signed (by the debtor) agreement

Hi,

Like we keep saying.

If they actually have a properly executed "agreement", then why not just send a copy when requested?

Jeff.

Im not saying i never signed a copy, im just curious about the

Originally Posted by HSBC viewpost.gif

As per regulation 3(2)(b) Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Document) Regulations 1983 this copy does not require signing.

part and if it actually means anything ? It sounds like they are saying 'this law doesnt apply to HSBC'.

Quoting that regulation is irrelevant to your request which was under s.77 of the CCA which states: "...shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement". This means a COPY of the agreement WITH SIGNATURES BY BOTH PARTIES which make it an EXECUTED agreement. The regulation they quote is utterly irrelevant to the request you made and they have DEFAULTED. It goes on to state that if the default continues for 30 days "...he commits an offence."

Hi

Sorry StoneLaughter, but Peter is correct.

Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents Regs 1983:

General requirements as to form and content of copy documents

3.-(1) Subject to the following provisions of these Regulations, every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall be a true copy thereof.

(2) There may be omitted from any such copy-

(a) any information included in an executed agreement, security instru­ment or other document relating to the debtor, hirer or surety or included for the use of the creditor or owner only which is not required to be included therein by the Act or any Regulations thereunder as to the form and content of the document of which it is a copy;

(b) any signature box, signature or date of signature (other than, in the case of a copy of a cancelable executed agreement delivered to the debtor under section 63(1) of the Act, the date of signature by the debtor of an agreement to which section 68(b) of the Act applies);

Regards, Pam

Oh for crying out loud... then what have we been arguing about all this time?!

Jeez. I wish they'd put all the Law relating to one thing in ONE PLACE!! By the way - where did you find the Regulations? All I could find was 1988, 1989 and 2004 amendments to them...

Oh for crying out loud... then what have we been arguing about all this time?!

Jeez. I wish they'd put all the Law relating to one thing in ONE PLACE!! By the way - where did you find the Regulations? All I could find was 1988, 1989 and 2004 amendments to them...

Hi

For the purposes of 'copies' to be sent under various sections of the Act, signatures may be omitted (crazy, I know!!), BUT the creditor will still need to produce a signed copy in any enforcement proceedings.

If you PM me with your email address, I can send you a copy of the regs. as an attachment.

What makes me so cross is that for years we have been signing credit agreements that have had vague and woolly references in them to our numerous 'rights' and 'protections' under the CCA, but we have never had a clue as to what the CCA and it's many gobbledegook regs actually said!! :rolleyes::confused:

What would have been so difficult in producing a simple leaflet, containing the various rights and remedies available to us, in plain English and to be given out with every agreement?!?

Regards, Pam

hi

u know what these companys know that if they cant supply copies of the original credit agreement they aint got a leg to stand on !

my elderly mother was being harassed for a debt going back to the 70's and i wrote to them for her.

one week later she recd a letter saying no further correspondence

would be sent regarding the alleged debt and her account had been written off

asking for the agreement seems to be the quickest way to get these kind of people off your back cos none of them expect us to know about this and dont take care of them ,so if we all try to get our debts written off on this basis i say it serves them right

jks

Early on in this thread the 1983 amendment was discovered to relate to something else and not related to whatever was being discussed at the time, oh dear this is so complicated.

I think it was alanfromderby who twigged it..

Hi

The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 isn't an amendment - it is one of the regulations referred to in the Act that clarifies certain sections of the primary legislation.

It has been argued that the part of the regulations quoted above does not apply to s77/78 requests but I'm afraid it does. Below is an extract from a letter from the OFT to another CAG member about 'copies' of agreements:

A ‘true copy’ of an agreement principally consists of the terms and conditions of the agreement and the statutory content of the agreement. The name, address and signature of the debtor do not have to be provided. Additionally, the creditor must supply the total sum paid under the agreement by the debtor; the total sum which has become payable under the agreement but remains unpaid; and the total sum which is to become payable under the agreement by the debtor (the latter two must include the various amounts comprised in that total sum and the date when each is/was due). However, the copy must be a copy. It need not be exact on immaterial points, but it cannot be a conjectured reconstruction. If the trader has no original copy, the trader will have difficulty showing that he has complied with the regulation by supplying a ‘true copy’, since nobody would know what was in the original. When the trader comes to enforce the debt in court, he needs to have a signed copy of the agreement in order to enforce. As the law stands currently he cannot otherwise.

Regards, Pam

Hi again,

Right, just to update and seek advise. Sent request for repayment of charges of to British Gas Loans/ BOS on 7th March which was signed for on the 8th March, included in this was a request for the signed executed agreement and a cheque for £1.00 (did not need statements as already had them). Had nothing from them except for constant calls from thier collections dept most of which I ignored primarily because they were to my mobile whilst I was at work! Anyway, when I did eventually speak to someone they said they had no record of recieving this letter (funny how it was signed for and that the cheque had been cashed) Bless them!!!! Anyway sent my LBA of on the 12 April and to date have still had nothing except again constant phone calls. So am I correct in saying that if they have not complied within 12 days after the request was made they have defaulted under sections 77(1) and 78(1) of the consumer credit act and that being the case the debt is now unenforcible which means I can suspend payments? Not only that but now that 1 month has passed since the request was made they have also now commited a criminal offence? Could someone please confirm that I have this right and if I do could someone point me in the right direction for letters to trading standards and FSA, also has anyone written to their MP's or local papers? I am so incredibly angry about this, thier behaviour has been what you would expect when borrowing money from Loan Sharks, the harrasement has been unbelievable! Soonest responses would be much appreciated.:grin:

My post 2170 refers. I've just received a letter from Wescot (dated 15/4 but the envelope is franked 25/4 first class) acknowledging my CCA request; that was made an awful long time ago! They've not mentioned my "out of time you are comitting an offence letter" which was sent on 5/4 and signed for 6/4. Wescot advises "your request has been noted and we will be in touch in due course. We confirm the account has been placed on hold. In touch in due course? Do time limits mean nothing to these clowns? What next I wonder?

Ian

Weaver -

Its Section 78 for running credit (such as credit cards) and Section77 for fixed sum credit (such as a loan for a fixed amount)

For both, time limits are:

Time starts the day after receipt of the request, then -

12 working days = Default

Further one month (So 12 WORKING days + 30) = Offence

There has in the past been some debate about all this, but its generally agreed that this is a generous interpretation that can only be in our favour should we start litigation

Hope this helps

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Early on in this thread the 1983 amendment was discovered to relate to something else and not related to whatever was being discussed at the time, oh dear this is so complicated.

I think it was alanfromderby who twigged it..

Hi

No it was way back in October last year when a creditor said they had complied due to the regulation in 1983/1557. It was Tam NO6 and myself who at first didn't believe it and then after much research and letters to the dti had to accept the truth.

Regards

Petr