millie v woolwich...please help ive made a mistake!

millie micra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Please can you advise me ?

I sent my letter before action to the Woolwich 2 weeks ago but i made the mistake of putting in the 8% interest as overdraft interest,i know now i should have omitted the interest until step 5 but too late to go back now.

The 14 days is up tomorrow and i still havent heard anything have i completely ruined my chances of refund of the charges and what does anyone suggest i do now?

Would appeciate anyones help on this

Many thanks

Karen:|

Hi Karen

You haven't ruined your chances.

Was your Preliminary Letter requesting refund for the correct amount? ie excluding the 8%? If yes, then all you have to do is send an amended LBA - make reference to your LBA dated XXXXX and state quite clearly that the origianl figure quoted was incorrect.

At worst, all you have done is lost some ground timewise.

If however, you quoted the wrong figure in your Preli Letter, you have to go back to Square 2 inasmuch as you need to resend a Prelim Letter again pointing out that the original figure quoted in your letters dated xxx and xxx were incorrect.

If you are playing safe on this claim and only seeking 6 yrs worth of charges, you'll have to amend your SOC so that it reflects 6 yrs worth from now (at time of sending fresh Prelim letter) - otherwise B's will likely use a Defence quoting Statute of Limitations.

Send registered mail, it'll get there tomorrow and re-start counting down your days again.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41