Jenny v Citi ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Same ole same ole. Now passed LBA stage and about to submit N1. Will be on the 'look-out' for their "we didn't receive the court docs" [problem].

I noticed somewhere - maybe from Gizmo that 'Citi cards are different'. Apart from majoring in sheer bloody mindedness is there anything exceptional that well prepared argument wouldn't cover?

In their last letter to us (apart from the usual blurb about OFT saying at £12 all things will be bright and beautiful), they mention

"In over a dozen recent court cases involving Citi, we have successfully argued the fairness of the above policy(lol) (ie £12 and they refund the difference from their original rates) and the fairness of £12 charges. The cases have all resulted in the claims being dismissed and the courts have inplicitly held that the policy is fair (lol) and the charges reasonable (lol), being in line with both the OFT guidance and common law principles (they really should not use words they don't understand) of damage for breach of contract.

Apart from giving any readers a laugh I wondered on ANY validity of the opening sentence.

Some could say that all that matters is the bottom line to this company.

Would imagine that Brian would wish he'd never heard of a penalty charge claim by now.

Citi have had a small number of sucesses, repaid alot of the difference between charges, and also lost a number of cases. However they're not going to quote the later two in any literature.

Once you get to the AQ stage get in touch with me, got some documents that will prove extremely useful.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Letter today - they caved! £274.90 (all fees+c.i.+£30 court fee).

Mod would you like me to send contribution now or wait for 3 other cases I have running; also any thoughts on a 'wasted costs' expedition?

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Well done Kenny.

I think you'ld be pushing your luck trying for a wasted costs order though.

Citi coughed up only one week after you submitted your N1.:)

Els

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

Letter today - they caved! £274.90 (all fees+c.i.+£30 court fee).

Mod would you like me to send contribution now or wait for 3 other cases I have running; also any thoughts on a 'wasted costs' expedition?

***CONGRATULATIONS***

Is this everyhting you claimed for? Could you send me a timeline and maybe copy of their settlement letter?

A donation would be lovely when your chq has cleared, Thankyou and please remember the survey:)

But very well done:)

PS I will change the title.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.