MBNA Credit Card Charges

lydhan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Last week I sent my DPA request along with my £10 cheque to Mr Steve Bailey. At the same time I sent a letter to the department who are constantly pestering me for payment and explained about the DPA request and that I would be recovering the unlawful charges applied to my account (all of which are due to charges).

Yesterday I received 10 seperate letters through the post with my statements enclosed. There was no mention of the two letters sent and my cheque has not been cashed. Today I have received another letter threatening me with default etc because I have not paid despite their offers of assistance. (I have more or less begged for help in the past and they don't even reply!!).

Am not sure what to do now, the charges are £400.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well, first of all, proceed with your claim for the refund of the charges.

Secondly, if the debt or arrears is made up entirely, or mostly, of these charges then I believe you can write to them and tell them that the debt is in dispute.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge of this can fill in the gaps for you here. But if they are threatening defualt notices, dispute the debt. That way they can't issue a default notice.

• Haha 1

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

Hi Lydhan, I found myself in the same position back in Feb, when MBNA no-brainers kept ringing I just kept repeating that the matter was in dispute and that I was raising court action against their company for the return of the charges and then I did just that. Having received a copy of their defence from HMCO I then had a telephone call from Stuart Johnson Advocate Office informing me that they would refund the £500 requested (I made sure I got this in writing) and because I still owed them money I got an agreement out of them to pay £60 monthly over 4 years at % interest, in return for dropping the case against them. I have even had another £25 credited to the account by way of apology as I complained that their first statements did not reflect our agreement, so you see it is possible to deal with them, hang on in there!