Can i join the MBNA club?!***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!! I feel famous!!!!!!!

I have asked Corn to have a look at my thread, in case there is anything she could add. Hopefully I will hear from her shortly.

xxxx

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear the calls have started. Telephone harrarssment here i come...

Think postie tried to deliver statements yest, can't collect until tomorrow. I'm wondering if they'll put a CA in with it like Egg did.

:rolleyes:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

This is where you have to be mentally tough..... those calls can come on the hour, evey hour so to speak.......

AS they are in default now with your CCA you can take two routes, either claim your charges back or try to get rid of the debt in light of it being unenforceable....

My charges and CI added up to be enough to wipe the debt, so that was perfect,

However, I would suggest to you that you do not use their lack of CCA against them, until you have got your statements and have worked out how much you actually owe them.

My experience here tells me that you will get charges and interest paid back to you, possibly before court ( I did)

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Thanks Standing. I am fairly confident that the charges will outdo the outstanding balance. I was hoping to do the same with my Egg stuff, but unfortunately it doesn't look that way. It was the interest not the charges that crippled me!

At least with the charges route the debt can be satisfied - better for cred. file.

I'll keep you updated :)

Well i've been sifting through the APPLICATION FORM and account info that MBNA have sent, but i can't see the interest rate. Also, i can't use Vampiress' spreadsheets because they haven't put a balance on every month either, just listed payments/charges/interest.

So, i need to do it manually - can someone tell me what the average MONTHLY interest rate would be? The account dates from '02. I'm assuming it's the purchase interest we use. I hate maths!!

Well i've been sifting through the APPLICATION FORM and account info that MBNA have sent, but i can't see the interest rate. Also, i can't use Vampiress' spreadsheets because they haven't put a balance on every month either, just listed payments/charges/interest.

So, i need to do it manually - can someone tell me what the average MONTHLY interest rate would be? The account dates from '02. I'm assuming it's the purchase interest we use. I hate maths!!

Hopeful, it sounds like you got the same list of transactions i received, there should be a column on the left hand side, with the monitory value in.

I kicked up a stink about them being no good and i require the proper list, when i received it, it came with my settlement :D

I guessed at the interest it was the same as MBNA seem to be paying out on which is 24.9%, i sent my pre lim on a Monday, it crossed in the post with my proper transaction list and my settlement.

Have ya read my thread?

Might find a lot of things similar :)

Hi Hopeful, I received a list like yours aswell, so I sent non compliance letter and eventually received statements after 70 days:eek: , but I'm glad I waited cos the charges on the list added up to about £800 and the charges on the statements came to over £1000 so they had missed some off somewhere. Naughty, naughtey MBNA. I used vampiress' spreadsheet number 12, but I have read some people used number 13, and I added contractual interest at 24.9% and got it all back:)

Penny.

the interest should be reciprocal - therefore you should charge them the same amount as they are charging you. Everyone's cc interest is different.

You should be able to find the info on your statements - when they eventually arrive that is!

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

A belated thank you for all the responses. MBNA have sent a statement for last month. They are still adding charges and interest to the account. As far as i am aware they shouldn't be doing this should they?

A belated thank you for all the responses. MBNA have sent a statement for last month. They are still adding charges and interest to the account. As far as i am aware they shouldn't be doing this should they?

They will add this, that and the other as they see fit. Their admin is complete sh*t* - they cannot even action a change of address correctly (in my case). They will blindly (I use the word deliberately) continue on their merry, misguided way, thinking they are in the right.

Reading some of the other threads and in my experience, they do not have a clue what they are doing - it is like corresponding with Mr. Blobby!

(As you might guess - they are playing silly b*ggers with me - however I seem to have a much better handle on the Law than they do!) 8-)

Nationwide - Prelim sent 02/07 - MCOL filed 04/07 CHARGES SETTLED IN FULL!!

Woolwich- Prelim sent 04/07 - Offered 90% - 06/07 accepted

MBNA - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 03/07 - CCA reply (illegible + no T&Cs) - DCA sent packing - Restons now trying - gone quiet

Citicard - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 04/07 - replied 04/07 No contract & not enforcing!- passed to 1st Credit- gone quiet

Egg - Prelim sent 02/08 - 3 letters - full offer 03/08 SETTLED IN FULL!!

(All starry, rep, clicky thingies gratefully received!)

Well what a day so far. (See thread if you fancy listening to me ranting

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/91821-help-composing-letter-solicitor.html )

MBNA left a message on 'phone saying if they weren't contacted within a certain time limit matters would be out of the caller's hands and would escalate further - how very dare they!

A written complaint has been sent to them. Today we've received a pink form from the customer assistance dept. Has anyone else had one of these? It's the most thinly disguised piece of threatening material you could imagine. They obviously think colouring it pink will make it seem more friendly - duh!!

There's a pictorial 'road to bankruptcy, which uses road signs with nuggets such as missed payment - you must call MBNA, default notice - bang goes your credit rating!! There's a glossary which describes really postiive (not) phrases such as bailiffs, default fees, direct debit, warrant of execution..it just goes on and on.

Oh well. When i've finished with complaint about BCW to TS, guess who's next :|

Hi Hopeful

Would be very interested to read your letters you have sent complaining

7.30 sunday evening and they are ringing continuously just answered and asked them to put everything in writing she replies I am not allowed I replied well i am not talking on the phone and hung up - the phone is just ringing and ringing and ringing it is unbelievable

Many thanks

Linz x

Well what a day so far. (See thread if you fancy listening to me ranting

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/91821-help-composing-letter-solicitor.html )

MBNA left a message on 'phone saying if they weren't contacted within a certain time limit matters would be out of the caller's hands and would escalate further - how very dare they!

A written complaint has been sent to them. Today we've received a pink form from the customer assistance dept. Has anyone else had one of these? It's the most thinly disguised piece of threatening material you could imagine. They obviously think colouring it pink will make it seem more friendly - duh!!

There's a pictorial 'road to bankruptcy, which uses road signs with nuggets such as missed payment - you must call MBNA, default notice - bang goes your credit rating!! There's a glossary which describes really postiive (not) phrases such as bailiffs, default fees, direct debit, warrant of execution..it just goes on and on.

Oh well. When i've finished with complaint about BCW to TS, guess who's next :|

Hi hopeful1:)

I have one of these very lovely pink forms detailing doom and gloom in a very pink fluffy fairy cake kind of way:D some of the large lettering appears very sweet "I haven't given up on you and don't ruin your lifestyle"!!! Wot a crock of doodoo!!!!

I just put the letter away in my MBNA folder incase I ever needed a good laugh.

Pookeymonkey:p

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

Class isn't it Pookeym? It's in my MBNA 'file of fun' too :p

Jackster77 - i did send a harrassment complaint letter. They've responded in their usual patronising, we-can-do-no-wrong way. They do wind me up. I said the offensive message has been saved, which they obviously don't believe. They've asked for a copy. The trouble is, it's saved on the 'phone provider's answer service. Money is tight but i am going to see if i can get my hands on a dictaphone and see if that can pick it up. I would love to send them that message. It is obvious they thinks i am calling their bluff.

It then continues:

You have advised that our telephone calls constitute harrassment ....In accordance with the Banking Code, if a customer requests contact in writing instead of the telephone, we must oblige, but only where the customer is working with us. Whilst we respect your wishes and we will endeavour to communicate in writing where possible, it is vital that all lines of communciation remain open. Inded if you do not respond to our written communciations we will need to contact you by telephone, and for this reason, your contact numbers will remain on record.

....I note that you have not made a contractual payment since xx/xx/xx. ..account in arrears..no reason why..if continues may be necessary to contact by telephone in future.

What blinking contract??? They even mention t & cs!!!!!

What a monkey organisation. I will respond carefully to each point in time.

I hate being patronised :mad: but how the tide will turn :D

isn't it interesting that they can insist that telephone lines of communication can remain open for them to harrass you

but when we try to harrass them on the phone they tell us they will only communicate by letter :rolleyes:

try the legal department Will Waring i've posted the number somewhere on the thread

I said the offensive message has been saved, which they obviously don't believe. They've asked for a copy. The trouble is, it's saved on the 'phone provider's answer service.

MIght need to be quick also, messages may only stay saved for a certain amount of time.

What about a microphone for the PC? Wouldnt that work and i doubt they cost that much?

Im not a pc whizz, but worth a go, phone on loudspeaker or turned up, played straight into microphone and saved to PC.

Bobs ya uncle and ermmm ya know the rest :lol::cool:

I left it too late with the message, but i've got over it now. I re-read their response and decided it would be petty to lower myself to reply to it. At the end of the day, the claim i've put in will leave a balance of around 400 IF they stop adding charges and interest :mad: . I would be willing to find a way to pay that. But if they don't play ball, that's fine. I've yet to tell them i haven't recieved the contract, just an application :D

I will also look at claiming PPI and anything else going. I'm just waiting for Wednesday to sort all this interest stuff out, so he can explain it really simply to me when i'm ready!!! :D

I've since had letters from one of the VC's and they've been to the point and i'm happy with that.

Have received an offer but it is less than a third of claim. Accepting as partial.

I'm going to have a look through the threads, because i know there is some info that will help me respond to their argument about reducing charges to 12.00.

Any tips or comments always appreciated ;)

I'm just waiting for Wednesday to sort all this interest stuff out, so he can explain it really simply to me when i'm ready!!! :D

Thing is tho, when your ready, i will still probably be none the wiser :D

Youl will probabaly have to explain it all to me.........;-) :grin:

I would just say thanks but no thanks to the partial offer, they will pay the lot, ive seen the future...................:)

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting for a reponse to letter re accepting offer as a partial payment only. I am losing patience as received another of their annoying threatening letters yesterday. I've fired off a stern response with a final date to sort this out. I am rapidly losing patience - especially as they do not have a contract.

I am researching PPI while i'm at it. I've had a quick scan of the the Martin Lewis site this morning Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more lots of useful little tips for all sorts of info on there. It was through that site that i found CAG :D

Once the charges are settled i'll be after the PPI. This won't be needed to pay off the account, just for once it would be money to play with. 1 problem , this is my OH's not mine :(:rolleyes:

Think i'll be asking for *WON* to be added soon! Will update later...:D

Brilliant Hopie, sounds like good news... popping out for an hour or two as soon as I finish work (1pm) to meet a friend for coffee. I will log in again this afternoon, and oh! it's Friday, I will raise a bacardi glass to you later hopefully too!

Hey Standing - yep it's looking good. I will certainly be busy with that Bacardi pouring action later!! Just off out myself - my little one wants to throw himself around on trampoline and various other bits of equipment at the local leisure centre :p

I'll check in later. Take care honey ;)

:D Well, MBNA have agreed to credit the account with the amount i asked for. We have a small balance to pay which we think is fair.

:p PLEASE COULD A MODERATOR MARK MY THREAD AS WON!!!!!!! THANK YOU :p