2 months notice to leave

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Im pretty sure this would have been answered already on someone elses thread but i cant see the wood for the trees today.

The contract on our house expires in August but i am not planning on re-newing it so i have to give the 2 months notice.

Now my questions:

Do i just type up and email and say that we dont want to re-new the contract and will be handing our keys in to them in 2 months?

Do we hand the keys in the day before the rent is due. Rent is normally paid on 21st so we have to hand the keys back on 20th?

Thanks for any advise :cool:

If your tenancy is for a straight fixed term you do not need to give any notice so long as you leave before the tenancy expires. Nevertheless, it is only courteous to let the landord or his agent know that you do not intend to continue in occupation and it saves any argument as to whether you should give notice.

If however the tenancy was granted for, say, "six months and thereafter from month to month" or "six months and then monthly" the position will be different and may depend on any notice provisions in the tenancy agreement.