child support agency will i ever get my money?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been with the csa since it started,my ex has dodged them to the extreme,moving house,moving jobs ect,they tried to enforce payment via bailiffs once and he got out of that one as well,i recently got a letter from csa to say he is to pay £0 because after usual income ect taken off and the fact he is paying for another child via them (cheek) there is nothing left and they would send another letter with regards to arrears,anyway after no larrears letter arrived i phoned them they keep telling me they will send it but it never happens,i know the arrears are £23,000,00,(some to me and some back to the system),what are my chances of getting the money owed to my daughter? Ive phoned the csa for years and they have never delivered anything but false hope,Id like to know if there is anything i can do ??? :confused:

I am no expert on the CSA so I can only offer a little information and ask clarification for others to then comment on.

There are currently 2 CSA schemes in operation, the "old" scheme for pre 3 March 2003 cases and the "new" scheme for 3.3.03 cases onwards.

As far as I am aware the CSA must calculate the payments due for all children and then divide it between them, so I am at a loss why they are paying for 1 child but not your daughter. Have you read the letter correctly, are they actually saying they are collecting payments for another child or just implying that your ex has another child now in his care?

The arrears due are large. Do you have any details on your ex (does he own a house, car, work)? If you do then it is possible to make the CSA aware so that they can commence recovery action for you.

It is possible for a payment to be assessed at nil if he is on certain benefits or living off some-one else, but again it does not make sense to collect payments for one child only.

You really do have to keep getting on at the CSA to make progress and make use of their complaints procedure if necessary. If you phone always keep a record of name and department of person you spoke to.

Hi col123

First of all write to the CSA and ask for your DPA papers, letter as below. They have 40 days to comply to your request. You will receive 2 sets, one a clerical file and the other a computer file. These files will have all the information they hold on you.

I would also recommend that you join NACSA, they offer very good advice and can also deal with the CSA on your behalf if you want them to. They know CSA prodedures probably better than the CSA themselves.

Ring the CSA everyday if you have to, but keep on at them, although I haven't been strung along for as long as you (2.5 years) due to a nil assessment because of another child in my X's household. I have made a complete nuisance of myself trying to get payments for my Son.

Two addresses for you. The formal complaint should go here:-

Client Services Director

Child Support Agency

Quay House

The Waterfront

Brierley Hill

West Midlands DY5 1XZ

and the Data Protection Act request to here:-

The Data Protection Officer

Child Support Agency

Room BP6002

Benton Park View

Newcastle Upon Tyne

NE98 1YX

The letter should be along the following lines:-

Will you please send me all information to which I am entitled under Section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998. This should include both computerised and clerical records, and any and all emails, memoranda or letters relating to me, both internal and external.

Good luck

• Haha 1

den3371:p

Thank you very much for getting back to me,I have been pestering the csa for years and always update them with any new info i get,it just seems they hear me but dont do anything,ill try the data protection letter and the formal complaint,my daughter is 18 now with a child of her own,yet after all this time the csa have done nothing constuctive,my ex has just always managed to dodge them,i dont believe he has any assets as he knows if he did id have a better chance of getting what was owed to us,i was going to look into if i can get a DCA to collect it for me,has anyone tried this one ? ill keep you posted thanks again col x

it took me 3 years to get my money out of my ex, i eventually had enuff of being fobbed off with the excuses the CSA kept coming up with so went and had a chat with my local MP and bingo 4 weeks later my ex had an attatchment of earnings order put in place and the money has been coming in ever since then, worth a try i guess.

everytime i phoned the CSA i asked for a copy of the information they had given me over the phone to be posted to me, this helped when i went to see my MP and gave him (John Prescott) 64 letters id received over an 18 month period.

• Haha 1

Earnings attachment order is great- if the ex stays put. My job hops like a cricket; every time CSA locates him and slaps e.a.o.- he buzzes off :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here A.O.E order done several times but he does one when its due and moves on,csa are holding back on sending me any info in writing on the arrears owed but i know they are 23 grand,he pays maintenance for another child born after my daughter so i get nothing hardly fair that is it ? I might try the MP route,ill wait and see what the data protection action brings first, thanks col123 x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Long time no see lol,the DPA letter worked all of a sudden it was all systems go,i got a few months payments until he was made redundant,baliffs moving in any day as court has ordered it,seems to have taken forever but im getting there and i wont give up x:cool: