Nealy 40 days and Barclys wants time extention

Scream121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Firstly i would like to say a very big thank you to everyone who has helped on this site as i have used alot of information in my quest to have my money refunded by Barclays.

i have written to Barclays requesting my money back on the 10th May 07. They responded on the 17th May with a standard reply about them being sorry i was not happy with the charges and they are investigating the issue and will responded to me with 4 weeks if not they will send me un update which could take 8 weeks.

i wrote back saying this was unacceptable and i would like a response within 7 days. they then responded saying they would aim to have a reply by the 9 July.

now im not sure what to do. do i wait till the 9 July, but it will be nearly 60 days since i made my request or do i start my court claim?

i have also opened another account just in case they close mine with them

thanks in advance for all your help

As they have 14 days to respond to the preliminary request for repayment, I would move on and send the LBA.

Do not dance to their tune.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

thanks for the advise ppl. :D

ok so now i have to start my claim through the courts, how do i go about doing this by myself and what exactly do i need?

or should i send them a final letter before action? if yes then where can i get a final letter before action from?

thank you all for your help:)

hi i have got my dates and letter mixed up.

i just check the previous letter i sent dated 16th May and it was a LBA as i have sent them 4 letters now. i then received a letter from barclays stating that they aim to contact me by the 9th July.

i am currenly reading the FAQ step by step guide as i now need to start the court claim.

if anyone has any tips that could assist me as to where to go or what else i could read...etc. i would be very grateful for your help!:)

thanks

thanks 'oneofakind'

im not waiting for the bank to reply....just been so busy as my dad is in hospital so the bank charges got put on the back burner.

im in the process of completing my cliam form and will send it shortly.

thanks once again :)

• 1 month later...

Congratulations..

If you are happy with the offer, then i for one am happy for you..8-)

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.