mcuth v RBoS ***WON***

mcuth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good luck mcuth....

Fantastic letters.... very concise and authorative..:)

Succeeded with 2 claims last week but now considering re-issuing some prelims and LBAs for future claims in order to claim contractual interest

*Can I ask what spreadsheet number did you use?

*Can you post your POC here? I take it that it will be a N1 as I understand it would probably be too long for a MCOL in other threads?

Apart from all this; good luck; following with MUCH INTEREST :D :D :D

Innocent

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DUH.... read pages 3 and 2 and not 1 :rolleyes:

Been reading all night my excuse

Obviously seen POC now... ty

Innocent

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

I'd print that page out too - think their rates are changing in the new year.

:D

[THUD] :eek:

Cheers

Michael

Cant use the spreadsheet you gave mate, I dont have the software on this comp :evil: I normally use the one at work.

ok these are my figures Dates from 93 to 00

8% £1290 charges Int £1079.87 Total £2369.87

15% £1290 charges Int £ 4470.53 Total £5760.53

29.84% £1290 charges Int £21,003.26 Total £22.293.26 This is my favourite. :-D

Still need to work out the daily rate. :evil:

Good luck mcuth....

Fantastic letters.... very concise and authorative..:)

*Can I ask what spreadsheet number did you use?

I used Mindzai's excellent spreadsheet that does a great job of calculating compound interest. The latest version is available from a link in his signature, which you can find here :)

*Can you post your POC here? I take it that it will be a N1 as I understand it would probably be too long for a MCOL in other threads?

PoC are already detailed in this post on p2 :)

It's very definitely an N1 job - the PoC don't even fit into the section on the 2nd page of the N1, so they have to be attached. I haven't used MCOL in any of my claims yet though - firstly I wouldn't be able to stay within the word limit, secondly I don't trust issuing a court claim online when I'd still have to send in the spreadsheet & everything afterwards, and finally, I get a certain amount of satisfaction going down to the court office to issue the claim :D

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Cant use the spreadsheet you gave mate, I dont have the software on this comp :evil: I normally use the one at work.

Ahhh, ok - the daily rate formula works out as:

the sum of the charges & interest paid, multiplied by the annual interest rate % and divided by 365

29.84% £1290 charges Int £21,003.26 Total £22.293.26 This is my favourite. :-D

I wonder why? :D

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

MC & LL - I used the method above, originally. However, it delivers just a flat-rate, like simple interest, whereas the claimed amount increases daily at a compound rate. Not much difference in smaller claims, but if you have a biggun (as you guys surely do), then it's worth getting it compounded, I think.

In amongst all the banter here on Glenn's thread, there's some stuff on this. Bong's post here encapsulates it, I think - and I believe Glenn agrees further down the thread, when he can get a word in edgeways !!

HTH

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-421158.html

MC & LL - I used the method above, originally. However, it delivers just a flat-rate, like simple interest, whereas the claimed amount increases daily at a compound rate. Not much difference in smaller claims, but if you have a biggun (as you guys surely do), then it's worth getting it compounded, I think.

Thanks Bill - I did realise that one, but I left it just for ease of calculation. Because of the effect of compounding, you can't accurately quote a proper daily rate. For me, the big calculation is over the last 7 years, so if that means just having simple interest from claim date to settlement, then so be it :)

Cheers

Michael

Michael, I guess we're both seeing it from two angles. I personally thought it made things simpler, as it doesn't require you to work out a daily rate at all. In effect, it just refers back to the spready. When it comes to final settlement, then they just have to extrapolate the original spready's calculations, or you send them an updated one.

I think if you start with that, then you've covered yourself in case they decide to make it a long drawn out saga. With a large initial amount being compounded, that's another bit of pressure on them to shift their a$$es, methinks.

I appreciate that it's a dead argument with regard to your current claim, but LL might find it useful.

Cheers mate.

Oh absolutely Bill - for me it's just simpler to have a daily rate quoted from the start (unless of course the judge would like compound interest calculated if it ever gets to a hearing :D) - much like my usage of the interest rates as discussed earlier, and the amount I'm claiming from NatWest in damages for their DPA breach (discussion with Battleaxe on that thread).

As long as I'm happy with it, then it's fine by me :D

Cheers

Michael

Received my copy of the N1 today :D

Claim issued 15th December, sent 19th December, deemed served 21st December. Defendant has until 4th January 2007 to reply.

Woo-hoo!

Cheers

Michael

Received my copy of the N1 today :D

Claim issued 15th December, sent 19th December, deemed served 21st December. Defendant has until 4th January 2007 to reply.

Woo-hoo!

Cheers

Michael

Get in my son. As a matter of interest Michael how much was the court fee?

Get in my son. As a matter of interest Michael how much was the court fee?

The court fee was nothing - I managed to get 100% remission, since I'm currently unemployed (note, had to be remission, not exemption, as I'm on contributions-based JSA, not income-based JSA :rolleyes:). Thought I'd better get the claim in before starting my new job! ;)

Cheers

Michael

The court fee was nothing - I managed to get 100% remission, since I'm currently unemployed (note, had to be remission, not exemption, as I'm on contributions-based JSA, not income-based JSA :rolleyes:). Thought I'd better get the claim in before starting my new job! ;)

Cheers

Michael

:eek::D

I guess I am going to have to pay £400 then.

I've got court fees of £250+AQ to pay (£250 today! How close to Christmas??)

It really helps alot to think of it as an investment with mutli-fold returns expected within a couple of months....

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from my Xmas family trip yesterday and found 2 letters waiting for me - glad to see HMCS & Cobbetts haven't been taking a Christmas break :D :

1) "Notice that Acknowledgement of Service Has Been Filed" from the Court.

Defendant has 28 days from date of service (21/12/06) to file a defence - so now has til 18/01/07

Defendant's name has been "corrected" to read NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK PLC (*)

2) Letter from Cobbetts that encloses AoS and simply states:

Dear Sir

Our Client: National Westminster Bank plc

Claim Number: 6SN05490

We are instructed on behalf of the Defendant in the above matter.

We enclose Acknowledgement of Service for your information.

Yours faithfully

Cobbetts LLP

(*) BTW - I know NatWest are part of the RBS Group now, but why would the Defendant's name be "corrected" this way around when they're separate entities with separate registered offices?? :confused:

Cheers

Michael

(*) BTW - I know NatWest are part of the RBS Group now, but why would the Defendant's name be "corrected" this way around when they're separate entities with separate registered offices?? :confused:

Spoke to the court office this lunchtime, and it's at Cobbetts' request - but the court don't know why they did it either. The court are going to write to them requesting confirmation, so there's a paper trail and the judge knows it's not me being daft :D

Cheers

Michael

Spoke to the court office this lunchtime, and it's at Cobbetts' request - but the court don't know why they did it either. The court are going to write to them requesting confirmation, so there's a paper trail and the judge knows it's not me being daft :D

Ok, having just received the Notice of AoS on my NatWest DPA case today, it all gets curiouser & curiouser - the address for service on that is the same as the one I issued the RBoS claim against - Group Litigation, Princes St in London. But Cobbetts are quite clear in their AoS letter quoting this RBoS case that their client is NatWest :rolleyes: Oh well, I know I issued against the right Defendant & addresses, up to the court to sort that one out now I think :D

Cheers

Michael