Primark and refund policy

laineynic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 weeks ago my daugter and I went shopping to Primark in Blackpool. There was a huge queue for the changing rooms so we took the risk and bought it. When we got it home it was awful. It had no shape at all.

I told her that I would be going to Preston today so I told her I would take it back. She went back to university last week and was unable to get it there her self.

So I took it back today. Everything was still in tact the label and all the tags. I checked the bag she had left it in and I couldn't find the rceipt. Not sure of my rights I thought I would return it anyway.

Primark was absolutely packed, there was only 2 people working the returns till. I queued for 20 minutes. When I finally got served I told the girl what had happened I explained that my daughter had gone of to Uni with the receipt, and that all there labels were still attached. I didn't even get to show her before she told me no receipt no refund. I felt a bit peeved to say the least.

Can anyone advise me if this is correct. I haven't had to return many goods before and I have always kept the receipt.

Is there anything else I can do?

I doubt there is much you can do, as you have no statutory right of return since the goods are not faulty. The only right of return you will have will be what their signs offer, which is almost certainly going to say you need a receipt.

One possibility is that they may give store credit or an exchange instead.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

The girl wouldn't even let me ask that - I tried to say I wanted a credit note- but all she kept saying that it is company policy not to refund without a recipt.

I'll just have to accept it and learn from it. At least it was only £6.00 I am going to send it to a charity shop maybe someone else will like it more than me.

My dughter just rang me to say that a friend of hers bought a t shirt fom Asda, she took it back to them with no receipt and they offered her a crdit note.

Shame Primark don't beieve in giving good customer services.

I can understand their point of view when it comes to store policy refund (as opposed to statutory rights, which requires proof of purchase - a receipt being one form).

It is one of those learning experiences. Some shops treat customers better than others. I personally find Asda to be one of them.

• 3 years later...