Halifax terms and conditions on ppi policy?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the loan was taken out in 2004 .

What date in 2004 you plonker:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

HaHa!Ha!Ha!Ha.lol.

Plonker is right Hellhasnofury,I am so blutty excited ,that I can,t think straight.

It was taken out on the 11th March 2004.

Maggie

That made me laugh thanks Maggie:grin:

Ok the figures that I get are

oops forgot to ask, are you the downfall of the halifax ha ha

ppi and interest £3,375 plus interest at 8% statutory is £1,222.03 from the date the loan was taken. It is of no consequence that you had a 3 month break whatsoever, they still charged you this:mad:

So you want £4,597.03. Maybe let them off with the 3pence as a gesture of your goodwill, on the other hand take it all, they would take your last 1p

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Woooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

Blutty Hell,Hellhasnofury,this means that the loan can be paid up,and I will have some spare.How can I ever,ever thank you enough ,for all your help .

Maggie

Woooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

Blutty Hell,Hellhasnofury,this means that the loan can be paid up,and I will have some spare.How can I ever,ever thank you enough ,for all your help .

Maggie

You are more than welcome Maggie:-D Maybe give my scales a click:-D Out of interest how much did you think you would get???????

As for letting them off with the 1p,nahhhhhh.

They put a £35.00 charge on us a few months back,for going over our overdraft for ,,,,,,,,,,,,you guessed it.1 bluttyp.So...........they can forget it.

If I was young and able enuogh ,I would do some cartwheels around the house.I am sooooooooo blutty excited.

I thought that the figure would be around the £2000.00 mark.

Look I am so excited I spelt enough wrong in my previous post.

How do I click your scales my Angel?

If you look at where you green light shows when you are on site. (bottom Lt hand corner) you will see a grey set of scales, click on that.:-D

• Haha 1

Ok.Now that they are refunding me the ppi from the 2004 loan,I now want to go for the refund from the 2001 loan of the ppi.

Problem is that I think it may be out of the time limit for the FOS to take my case up ,or am I wrong,also ,I can see no reason why the Halifax would argue now ,about the refund from 2001,as the reasons for the mis-selling ,are the same as the 2004 loan.

Any ideas on what my next move should be,as I have already been in correspondence with them for the refund from 2001 loan,received the same answer NO,as I did from the 2004 loan,yet they are paying up for the 2004 loan,due to the FOS taking it on.

HHNF,any ideas on this please.,or what should I put in a letter to them,once again asking for the refund.

Maggie.

Ok.Now that they are refunding me the ppi from the 2004 loan,I now want to go for the refund from the 2001 loan of the ppi.

Problem is that I think it may be out of the time limit for the FOS to take my case up ,or am I wrong,also ,I can see no reason why the Halifax would argue now ,about the refund from 2001,as the reasons for the mis-selling ,are the same as the 2004 loan.

Any ideas on what my next move should be,as I have already been in correspondence with them for the refund from 2001 loan,received the same answer NO,as I did from the 2004 loan,yet they are paying up for the 2004 loan,due to the FOS taking it on.

HHNF,any ideas on this please.,or what should I put in a letter to them,once again asking for the refund.

Maggie.

Hello Maggie,

It is unlikely the fos will investigate the 2001 loan, but the best way of knowing is ask them.

I have encountered this problem with the nw with ppi on the 3 previous loans. They will not give me the information on them:mad: But this complaint I have with them is very complex and is at a bit of an mexican stand off. I am more than happy for them to make the first move and then I will get them:p

The fact that the loan was taken out in 2001 in not of any relevant, but they will quote the limitation act, but you can argue the misrepresentation act with that one, they mis-lead you. You also have the fact that the fos have ruled in your favour with the recent complaint.

You can start the process by sending your preliminary letter asking for it back. Maybe start the letter with something like this.

As you are know doubt aware the the fos have ruled in my favour with regards to the mis-selling of ppi with loan xxxxxxxxxxxx

I now wish to discuss loan xxxxxxx. and ask them to return these monies

These are just ideas:grin:

If the fos will not investigate this one you have the option of court:grin: If it gets that far.

Ok ,will do.I think I will contact the Halifax again,stating that they have informed the FOS that as a gesture of goodwill,they are refunding the 2004 ppi payments etc;,but I will also tell them that as we were unaware of the mis-selling of the ppi ,until 2007 due to the media,I am thinking that the FOS may take it on anyway.

Maggie

• 2 weeks later...

I have just spoken to the gentleman at the FOS who dealt with our refund of the ppi on the 2004 loan,and asked if the Halifax was intending to refund the PPI on the 2001 loan,as I had requested the refunds on BOTH loans ,in all my corresppondence to the Halifax,with the reasons for the mis-selling on both loans ,the same.I also told him that we had no idea that we had been mis-sold the ppi policy on the 2001 loan,until we read about the mis-selling in the media at the end of last year,and this year.I then asked if he would consider helping us with the refund on the 2001 loan of the ppi,he asked for a few details of the loan,and then he told me he will be writing to the Halifax as to why they have not considered refunding us the ppi ,from loan 2001,as well as the loan refund of 2004,which they have already agreed to,as the reasons for mis-selling on both loans ,are the same.I also told him ,that in all our correspondence to the Halifax,requesting refunds,it was for BOTH loans ppi,not only 2004.

So fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

An update.I contacted the FOS a couple of days ago ,as we have not received any refund from the Halifax yet ,for the 2004 loan.The FOS informed me that they have given the Halifax until early next week to respond to our request of all premiums paid etc; on the 2001 loan.So with a bit of luck and everything crossed we should be receiving a letter very soon ,informing us on what decision the Halifax have made on the refund of the ppi on the 2001 loan.,and both refunds on both loans will be paid into our bank account very soon.

My hopes are raised that we shall have a refund on this loan too,as if the FOS didn,t agree with my previous telephone call to them,stating that the reasons for the mis-selling were exactly the same as the 2004 loan,the FOS wouldn,t have set a deadline to the Halifax,as they must agree with my argument.

Here,s hoping,fingers and everything else crossed.As soon as we receive a refund ,I will be making a donation to the fund for the libel, against CAG.

• 4 weeks later...

Won*won*won*

I have received a telephone call from the FOS ,informing me that the Halifax has agreed to refund the PPI ,plus interest,plus 8% interest,on the 2001 loan .They had already agreed to refund the 2004 loan PPI.

Whooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone at CAG,especially Hellhasnofury,and Pelham.

For giving me the courage,and the sound advice to follow this through.

As Soon as the money is in our account,I will make a donation to the fighting fund.

Maggie

Yes, justice does prevail:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

A Cracking result:D

Have a nice quiet evening!!;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello bgb,

Re: Halifax terms and conditions on ppi policy?

Well done!!!! :grin::grin: Blinkin' delighted for you!!!!

(Is there no dancing smiley??!!!!)

See this then for celebrations.

party-smiley-020.gif

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.