Claiming fees from catalogues and could use help

Lacey123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I sent off on 1st June to JD Williams, Simply Be and Ambrose Wilson (who I believe are all the same company with different names) for my statements for the past 6 years and heard nothing from them until today when I received a letter (13th June) aksing for me to fill in and return a Subject Access Request form. Attached to it, is also a form for a witness to fill in who must verify I am who I say I am, is this usual? I have not come across this with the bank. :confused:

Thanks

Hi there,

I sent off on 1st June to JD Williams, Simply Be and Ambrose Wilson (who I believe are all the same company with different names) for my statements for the past 6 years and heard nothing from them until today when I received a letter (13th June) aksing for me to fill in and return a Subject Access Request form. Attached to it, is also a form for a witness to fill in who must verify I am who I say I am, is this usual? I have not come across this with the bank. :confused:

Thanks

They are just trying to verify who you are because of the Data Protection Act (maybe you have moved addresses in recent years?)

Just fill it in and get a neighbour/hubby/friend to witness form etc..

It could be a stall tactic - but just go with it as they are protecting your information etc..

The 40 days is still ticking for them etc.. from the date of your original request etc.. - so it wouldn't hurt to send the reminder letter from the template library to show them so etc.. (just edit it to your needs)

Thanks for the reply.

I dont think the 40 days will start ticking until they get the forms back though because they say in the letter "Please note that the application cannot be precessed until the form is received". I believe that they are just stalling even though they cashed my 3 x £10 cheques when they first got my request which was 3 weeks ago now. Also, I have still not received one of the data forms yet off them anyway for one of the catalogues. I am not even sure which catalogue that 3rd form is for, as it is not at all clear which catalogues the forms the did send were for.

I have (over the weekend) sent a letter off to them asking for them to let me have the third form (who ever it is for) without delay.

Lacey - the 40 days do start from when you first send the request (just like with the banks) it begins the day it arrives with them.

It isn't your fault that they choose to waste time stalling and looking for excuses etc..?

Goodluck with this.