lucy60 v barclays**WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks slick, its great to see a congratulations on my thread, never thought i would see it. Really suprised bank paid up after saying it was unlikely because i had started court proceedings. Best of luck to everyone still trying.

Going to start on hubby and sons claims against barclays now, were not finished with them yet.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi Lucy,

Are you outside of your agreed banking terms or have you been in say the last few months, ie. o/d or over o/d limit.

Have they given any idea as to why they are doing this.

Barclays are not known fro this, to my knowledge.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

letter states that in the terms of the agreement with the bank the full and outstanding balance is repayable on demand at any time, and they are terminating my account and I have to make immediate payment of £6.81. This does seem a bit extreme for such a small amount. I did nt even know I was overdrawn until I received this letter, as I had cancelled all direct debits so this would not happen.

Have you set up a parachute a/c - I see you cancelled DD's going out from here

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

yes I set up another account a while ago which I am now using. I am just annoyed that barclays can just go and do this and put a black mark on my record. I don t even know how I am overdrawn, I will ring them today and find out.

Hi Lucy,

If you've not been using the a/c, it's reasonable for them to close it.

It would be different if they were doing just because you reclaimed charges, or at a time when you were using a/c for all money in and out.

Clear the balance by payment or agreement, let them close it, and move on.

Slick

Thanks for reply slick, I was still using the account until 3 or 4 weeks ago, only not used because I have been off work so payments had stopped. I m self employed and payments went in by bank transfer, from one barclays account to mine, if I now have to have this paid to another account at a different bank I think there is a charge for this. Thats the reason I wanted to keep the account open. I rang them today and they said it was an unpaid dd that made me overdrawn even though I cancelled them all they are saying there was one still active. I just think it is unfair to give me 7 days notice and close account. But I think we all know by now barclays don t play fair.

Hi you may be interested in this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=152&a=114 it will help with the information gathering for when thw waiver is reviewed'

I also suggest that you report Barclays to the FOS as they should give 30 days notice and the action could be seen as retailatory :)

Thanks for that saintly, I definately have not been given 30 days notice, only received the letter yesterday and they are closing the account on 25/10/2007. will this be put on my credit record that the bank closed my account.

hi,

if saints right,whoops shouldnt use if,

if your not that bothered about using account,personally i would let them carry on and dig a hole for themselves.

then go for jugular,

if they are breaking terms n conditions.

its not often you have a cast iron case.

maybe compensation involved.

tez

Hi Lucy,

I would write to bank saying

" You are acting in breach of FOS guidelines:-

1. By attempting to close my a/c with less than 30 days notice.

2. By acting in a retaliatory manner after I've been patially refunded bank charges.

Please confirm my a/c will remain open for me to use unhindered or I will make a formal report about this to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Also, I gave instructions for all DD's to stop from (date) but payment went out to (recipient) after this, causing my a/c to be o/d. Please arrange for this amount to be refunded to my a/c and confirm I will not incur any bank chgs in respect of your error."

I definately have not been given 30 days notice, only received the letter yesterday and they are closing the account on 25/10/2007

When was the letter dated. ?

Postal strike.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Never thought of that tonycee but have just checked and it is dated 11/10/2007 so thats still not 30 days. But then the banks know about the postal strikes aswell and should make allowance for that.

Lucy

CAG are currently gathering evidence to submit to the FSA regarding such breaches. It would be very much appreciated if you could e-mail admin@consumeractiongroup .co.uk give a brief outline of the breach ie the closing of account in retaliation after a claim and leave your contact details.

ok saintly, will get all my information and dates together and send email if this will help. In the meantime have received another letter today from barclays. States as from today all banking facilities are cancelled and I must return card and cheque book, if I fail to do this they will send an "agent" to collect this from me. Last letter said I had until the 25th apparently not?

Lucy,

Reply to them quickly and send the letter I suggested earlier if not done yet.

If they appoint an agent to collect, they will try and charge you BIG TIME for this - it probably said this in their letter.

Slick