just wrote the letter...

jules
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok, i've just written my first letter to hsbc but phoned to ask who it is that i address the letter to. I was on the phone for a total of 27 minutes!!! I was continually told to just send it to my branch and there is no one in particular it should go to, When challenged about why no managers in these departments i was told no one knows their names! finally given a name can any one else confirm this person or suggest otherwise. Is it ok to send to my own branch. The given name,

Miss jackie bates

customer relations dept

hsbc plc

level 31

8 canada square

london

e145hq

Send it to the branch - special delivery. They'll only give you a load of old flannel wherever you send it.

Expect something along the lines of...

Dear ...........

Thank you for your letter dated .................... concerning bank charges

I am looking into the matters you have raised and will contact you with a full response as soon as I have completed my investigations.

In the meantime, I enclose a copy of our leaflet which explains how these matters are dealt with.

Yours sincerely,

:wink:

me again, just a little concerned about how much i'm attempting to claim back-compared to many others, i'm either absolutely terrible with my money or rather lack of or my bank have been taking the piss some what! Over the last 6 years i've been charged a total of £3194. Not good when you're a single parent who had to give up work due to your childs disability!!!

There's been lower amounts, there's been higher.

All the more reason to get them back, don't you think? Just think how useful those 3 grand would be in your pockets rather then theirs!

PS, off topic: I hope you are claiming alll the benefits you're entitled to for your child, DLA, CA, etc?

• 3 weeks later...

I received the 2nd reply and according to them their final reply today re my charges and they said the usaul crap about how they dont believe their charges are wrong blah blah blah and that this was their final reply to my request. so no, refund! So, now what? do i wait until the 14 days are up that i gave them or seeing as they claim they wont budge on their decision should i just go ahead now and start court action?

• 1 month later...

HSBC have agreed to settle out of court, not because they are wrong and we are right but because of time and money!!! so the £3000 they took from me is on it's way. Thank you for all you help, re assurance and support xxx

the bloody money is going to pay off the god damned managed loan the bank decided i should have when things got particulary bad afew years back!

Congrats!!! Thats a nice tidy sum!!!!

Claim against Capital 1 £713........SETTLED.....Thanks Capital 1!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

HSBC account and mastercard

HSBC have agreed to settle out of court, not because they are wrong and we are right but because of time and money!!! so the £3000 they took from me is on it's way. Thank you for all you help, re assurance and support xxx
Great result - and gives hope to other HSBC'ers like me...:)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks