Bugged Lady vs Barclays

bugged lady
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks saintly.

As you may have guessed, do have some kinda brain, but when it comes to finding my way around forums etc like this then I'm in totally new area to me! :eek:

I'm worried about what I dare post, don't know how to PM anyone, don't want to be pain in bot either.

Find it difficult enough to find my way back to my own thread! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi - long time no been on site!

Sorry not had time been up to ears and everything else with my daughter's claim against her old employees at Employment Tribunal and typical they got big guns in who tried to make it as difficult as poss.

Anyway back to matters of more importance. Aprox two weeks ago I got letter offerering me settlement of £4,200, which I turned down via phone.

Last night heard on TV that banks are going to court for ruling AND

This morning I got two letters from Barclays - one saying they were going to cancel all my DD's as my a/c is OD (has been ever since I started this as have not used the a/c since Jan and there have been no DD's on my a/c since Jan either).

Second letter more serious, they want my cheque book, card etc back by return with threats of it all affecting my credit rating.

Obviously I'm not using the darn things as haven't used the a/c since Jan 07, but was with Woolwich and they sent me new cheque book, card etc when Barclays took over a few weeks ago without question then.

My question are:

Is this as a result of my turning down settlement, or is it them getting heavy due to latest news re the pending court case?

Can they do that bearing in mind I have told them in writing that I am going to take them to court if they do not settle in full. Therefore, I have an ongoing complaint with them?

Advice would be most appreciated as (apart from having to write a summission for my daughter's case in the ET) I now have my life and time back to get on track with this and give it my full attention.

Many thanks in advance.

New question!

On 11th July 07 I got a second letter offering me a settlement of £4,200. IF I accepted this (am contemplating having read in news it COULD takes years now) how would I (or any of us for that matter) stand legally if eventually the courts came back in X mths/yrs and said 'yep charges were illegal, pay your customers back'.

As the acceptance letters stand at mo they say 'in full and final settlement', which means you have no further claim - correct?

IF, I put a proviso in saying in full and final settlement but reserving my legal right to any further payment should this court case find in the customers' favour - guess it would protect me, but then would they pay up under that criteria? Me thinks probably not!

Okay, this is question for someone legal out there!

The acceptance letter wording says

'I accept the sum of £4,200 in full and final settlement of my complaint with Barclays Bank plc'.

Could it later be argued (assuming the OFT win) that whilst my personal complaint had been settled in July 07, this later legal precedent gives rise to a separate claim arising directly from the OFT with me (and all bank customers who have settled in the past) conjoined to claim any difference in the money that should've been owed compared to the money that was paid in settlement?

Does what I'm saying make sense - ie am I making myself clear on this, cos know what I'm trying to say but don't know if I've made it clear above?