Comet...Claim laptop delivered and i now have a GE Edge Card Debt i must pay!!

brooklyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I would take the refund from Comet as an admission that no goods were sold, and keep a copy of that bank statement, I would keep information from GE for the present, could be a useful tool to stop GE later if they try to enforce this none agreement. I do think if you don't now get a positive response from GE it's time to involve Trading Standards, Financial services ombudsman etc.

GE are a total Nightmare to try and deal with, Even in your case where there have admitted on several occasions that no agreement has ever been set up, they still mess you about.

This outfit are just a law unto themselves, or they seem to think they are , I would also advise you to send a complaint regarding GE to the FSA.

Dont expect a prompt reply from GE, they dont know the meaning of that word along with a lot more I could mention, like Customer care, Treating Customers Fairly etc etc.

Good luck getting it sorted with them.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hello Again,

I've received a letter from Comet (below)

RE Laptop: account ref xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

I refer to your letter dated 2nd July 2007. As you already know we have no copy of any credit agreement. The creditor is GE Money.

I have contacted GE Money, and they have confirmed to me that they also have no such agreement.

I have therefore arranged for a refund of your deposit payment of £110 a copy of which the receipt is enclosed.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxxx

I have still not had any response from GE Money. My original request was sent on the 11/06/07 and my last letter to them which is posted higher up this thread was sent on the 03/07/07, both letters have been received by GE Money and signed for.

There time is nearly up, what should I do if I have no response from them?

Brooklyn.

Hi Brooklyn it may be possible that GE Money have quietly folded their tent and slipped away in the night. I would keep all letters and wait to see if they try to chase for money again then if they do you have to get TS or someone involved. Also have a look at your credit ref file make sure that GE have not been twits and put something on you file without an agreement.

All the best dpick:D

• 5 weeks later...

Hello again,

well I've returned from my holiday to find a statement from Edge account showing a full refund made by Comet :D ( hooray!) but it says I still have "available to spend £1,150.00. I also have another letter sent 3 days after from G.E Money as follows;

Comet account xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 3rd July 2007. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

I can confirm that the entry on your credit file relating to the above account has now been deleted.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

Should I check the account has been closed or is this letter enough, I'm just wondering as it shows an available to spend on the statement.

Many thanks to all who have helped.

Brooklyn.

• dx100uk changed the title to Comet...Claim laptop delivered and i now have a GE Edge Card Debt i must pay!!