Please Help Me, Barclays Are Shafting Me!!**WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I receievd my statments and wrote to Barclays giving them the 14 days notice to get back to me anad included my spreadsheet of costs, but have just recieved a letter from Barclays saying that they're sorry i'm unhappy but it will take them 4 weeks to look into it and 8 weeks for me to see the results!!!!!!!

When I phoned to query this, the woman got really shirty with me on the phone and said if I wasn't happy they would investigate it!! Do you think i should ignore this message and send them the second letter? Appreciate all your help, thanks.

They've sent you a bog-standard reply letter. We've all had them. don't let Barclays dictate the pace of your claim, or you'll get nowhere. Give them their 14 days, then move on to the next stage.

whatever stage of the claim you are at, it's vital that you do EXACTLY what you tell them you will do.

YOU are the claimant, and YOU are in charge!

Have a look at some of the other threads in this forum. You'll be amazed how many include a post almost exactly the same as yours...

;)

It's standard stalling tactics. You set the agenda with your last letter & it's time to do it again, I got the "sorry you're not happy with our service but we think it's ok to fleece you" just before the 28 days MCOL deadline!

Hi Kells, Barclays will re write the law if you let them. Dont waste your time on the fone just yet, do however send the next letter the day it is due, its a bit frustrating, but it has to be done.

Good luck..;)

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am in the process of reclaiming my charges from Barclays. HAve sent them the second letter saying if I don't hear I will take them to court and haved had a letter from them saying that they can't guarantee they will work till my time frame and I should have an answer by the 17 July!!!!! When I phoned Barclays and questioned this, they told me they were following the time guidelines that the Financial Servcies Government dept have put in place to follow up complaints. When I said it wasn't a straightforward complaint she told me if I didn't like it they wouldn't investigate!!! Their time is up on friday and i think this is totally inreasonable, should i just go ahead with the court proceedings?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Kells, From my experience of Barclays, it's not worth phoning them at this stage. It'll frustrate you and get you nowhere.

Follow your on timetable strictly and ignore their delaying tactics.

If the time is up after your LBA, just take it on to Court.

Good luck, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

The timescales Barclays are quoting are 'worst case' scenarios. There's NO reason to take any notice of them. You are giving them a perfectly reasonable interval to make a response. This is, after all, a multinational company with tens of thousands of employees....

:D

Stick with your timetable not theirs

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Thats what I thought, just wanted your views, I think it is unacceptable to wait 4 weeks for them to make a decision, they are treating it as a normal complaint, idiots!!! Will def stick to my own timetable, thank you very much for your advice everyone, really appreciate it, Kells

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Just got a letter from the court teling me Barclays didn't respond to my claim so they now have to pay,woo woo!! I would just like some advice on how I now claim the money. I contacted the court and they told me to go on Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home and go to the forms section, which I did, but really have no idea which form I need to claim my money back. Would really appreciate any advice any of you can give me.

Thank you :)

Hi kells

Well firstly, congratulations!

I presume you filed your claim online so now you have to log in

at https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/login.jsp

Click on your claim and then select the Judgment Start option.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

:) Hi, thank you! I didn't file it online,I did it through my local court :( ! When I spoke to them today they were talking about warrants of execution,i'm not sure if that is what I need to file?

Thanks for your quick reply

Edited : post made same time as Kells above.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

Warrant of Execution is form N323

THe link is http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n323_0499.pdf

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :