2Tiko vs Halifax charges **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Selling/passing on a debt where the amount is in serious dispute is a definite no no. It doesn't matter too much what you write to Blair & Co as they'll ignore it anyway, but I think you ought to send a copy of the letter to the FOS and add it to your complaint.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoorah– I challenged the Halifax’s policy on interest charges whilst on a debt management plan and won:D

Thanks to the intervention of the Financial Ombudsman i’ve been offered a refund of all the interest and charges from the date they started charging interest (December 2007) + £100 for issuing an illegal default notice issued 5 July which stated I had to pay the arrears by 6 July!!!

I still have a bone to pick with them about some earlier charges, but that should be a piece of cake, compared to getting the interest back.

Loads of hugs to reallymadwoman for her brilliant thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/136654-complaining-financial-ombudsman-service.html?highlight=reallymadwoman which helped me to understand how to set out my complaint to the FOS.

The bad news is – as soon as this is settled, I will have to deal with Blair, Oliver & Scott for the balance owing. I’ve been refusing to speak to them whilst the account was in dispute:(

Halifax: WON - Following complaint to FOS I have been offered a refund of all interest and charges since entering DMP!:D

Co-op: admitted no CCA! Account now passed onto Fredrickson International.

Fredrickson International: referred them back to the Co-op as no CCA available!!!

Well done to you. I don't know what it is with Halifax? Like you, the Halifax is the only creditor giving me hassle. I am still being charged interest on my Credit Card. The loan has now being passed to Apex just because I missed the December payment (they will be receiving double this month).

They never learn, do they!

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Yes the Halifax are by far the worst.

Remind me - are you on a debt management plan too? If so, I would strongly recommend complaining to the FOS.

I highlighted 5 areas where they had breached the Banking Code, the Consumer Credit Act and the OFT Debt Collection Guidance. There's lots to go at - its just time consuming - but worth it in the end.

Halifax: WON - Following complaint to FOS I have been offered a refund of all interest and charges since entering DMP!:D

Co-op: admitted no CCA! Account now passed onto Fredrickson International.

Fredrickson International: referred them back to the Co-op as no CCA available!!!

Yes. like yourself I am with CCCS. I have been paying of my debts for 3 or 4 years now. I have two other creditors and in that time only one has ever contacted me maybe once or twice.

Well if they think I'm just gonna roll over and lay down they can think again. Time to look into the PPI issue I think. I'd better not forget to send a CCA request to Apex:D

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

• dx100uk changed the title to 2Tiko vs Halifax charges **WON**