style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As you have small children you can ask the council to take the debt back as they are making a false levy on goods they cannot take. I'd send a PM to tomtubby if I were you as they are the expert on this.

Not quite sure what you mean here. A bailiff can't levy on children's goods - but just because you have children doesnt make a levy invalid or mean the Council have to take the debt back.

A PM is a private message directly to the person concerned. Be careful about accepting advice from someone other than a moderator of this site via Private message as they can be touting for business or causing further grief...

First things first.......the council WILL NOT take this debt back, in particular that it would appear that you owe around £2,500. Depending where you live this would appear to indicate that you have not paid any council tax for around 2 years.

The bailiff will know that you cannot afford £340 per month but the problem that you have is the most councils are looking to get as much money back by then end of the financial year which is next month !! Therefore an agreement to pay over 6 months is not too bad.

The point about a vehicle needed for employment is not as simple as you think. If you are self employed and the vehicle is for your use ONLY and is clearly signed then this argument could work. Can you provide more details.

Can you send me a PM with the name of the actual bailiff so that I can check to see if he is certificated.

Also do you know what fees you have been charged.

Thank you Tomtubby input. I just tried to send you a "PM" but it seems your message inbox won`t take any more captain until you clear some space. I`m not sure if I`m allowed to put his name here but anyway it`s a Mr P Vincent representing Rundle and Co. The invoices are as follows:

Invoice #1: Council tax £781.71 Levy fee £47 Walking possession £12

Invoice #2: Council tax £476.72 Levy fee £38 Walking possession £12

Invoice #3: Council tax £668.50 Levy fee £44 Walking possession £12

My father also paid a fourth invoice of £380 by credit card over the phone on the day and in all the excitement I didn`t get receipt from bailiff.

Thank you kindly for your time.

Niceinvention :rolleyes:

I am sorry but my message box is full again. I will empty it by the morning.

I will check the bailiff also in the morning.

The bailiff CANNOT charge a levy and walking possession on EACH of these accounts....this is clearly charging "multipule fees"

• 3 years later...
Hi, I need some info on my now paid council tax, rundles are still chasing me for their fees, which I have asked for in writing, i have never let them in my house or paid them any council tax I paid that direct to the council.

I think they dont get paid from the council!

Neil

as thay are the debt collectors, thay buy the debt from the council.

on the letter it states do not contact the council.

but in theory you have payed so dont worry, any court will be on your side.just say you didnt know.

as thay are the debt collectors, thay buy the debt from the council.

on the letter it states do not contact the council.

but in theory you have payed so don't worry, any court will be on your side.just say you didn't know.

council tax is not sold to debt collectors the debt always belongs to the local authority

only certificated bailiffs can collect council tax debt

payment can be made to the local authority

should there be any problems with an account that is held by the bailiffs then a complaint should be made to the local authority who are 100% responsible for the actions of the bailiff