Lepster vs Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You dont need to accept this amount.

You have filed at court so Halifax must pay the full amount, and interest and chatges.

You can send a rejection letter.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had exactly the same and I rang the number at the top of the letter and told them I didnt want it, so its not gone in :) they have until 23rd July to defend my claim

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Send a rejection letter stating that you are accepting the £1331 as partial settlement, and keep going for the full amount. It's your money and it seems the Halifax are starting to use this tactic with uncanny regularity!

Rejection templates are available here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=39&Itemid=36

So shall I send the rejection saying I'll accept the money as partial or phone them and say that I don't what that figure I want it all??

Do you think it will be better to call but then thats not worth anything -maybe recorded letter??

This is scary!

Letter 5 or 6 will be fine.

Make sure they know you wont stop the claim until ALL the money is paid.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Lepster

I had exactly the same as you. Claiming on 2 accounts. Got goodwill offer letter on one account last week, so replied with letter 5. Got same for 2nd a/c yesterday so have just done the same again. I didn't know if the letters were in response to my N1. After running it by a few people on here I realised that those goodwill letters were just a very late response to my LBA! Halifax has until 19th July to respond to my Court claim.

Best wishes

Hi Lepster, in the same position as you, being offered half, I was going to write a rejection letter but the Daily Mail scared me off a bit yesterday by reporting that the banks are starting to stand their ground. But after reading this thread I AM going to reject it !!!

Go for it - I have faxed mine and taken it to the post office for special delivery - I don't know why the newspapers print these things - you would think they'd be on our side!!

Daily Mail likes a bit of scaremongering ! Like you said its scary though, off work sick at moment and sometimes I think half the money is better than maybe none at all ,just lacking confidence that I have done everything correctly, like Ive never sent in a schedule of charges, do you think I should send one with the rejection offer ?

Hi Blink3

Did exactly the same to me , gave me 10 days to reply ,sent rejection lette next day S/D .On the same day they put money into my bank.

So much for Rejection Letter, mine didnt make any difference.

Hope yours does. Keep to your guns , dont let them get you down no matter what. Youve got one hell of a great big extended family on your side now ALL good people , sound advice

Very Best Wishes and Good Luck.

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hi Lepster, in the same position as you, being offered half, I was going to write a rejection letter but the Daily Mail scared me off a bit yesterday by reporting that the banks are starting to stand their ground. But after reading this thread I AM going to reject it !!!

Would love to see the qualifications for that statement.(by the paper)

Judging By the 'won' claims i have witnessed on CAG, the banks are on the run.

What does need to be said is that the banks maybe standing their grounds in so far as they will not pay out on ill prepared claims, which are mainly peeps doing own claims outside of CAG as if you post your claim on here, you get loads good advise so avoiding the pitfalls of the banks scare & intimidation tatics, and the fine art of gobbledegook

(First witness to some of them) LOL

Keep claiming and spread the word of CAG to all you know who may have claims

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Right Halifax have put half the amount into my bank account even though I sent and faxed a letter saying that I would not be accepting this! The court sent there letter to me and it says on there that they have until 18 July - yesterday - so what do I do now? What part of the Notice of Issue do I complete so I can send it back to the court?