us v the Abbey for £7,500***WON***

ohoh4312
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Kiddo

Thanks so much for the support, and for not saying that my thread reads like a hyperactive dumb blondes' rantings!! :D

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Can someone please clarify how long it takes the Court to notify you that the claim is deemed served, or does it depend on the Court in question?

I only ask because I have heard nothing yet - the lady at the Court took all 3 copies of my paperwork, and said they would send mine back to me with the claim number and Court seal, by return of post. All she gave me was a receipt for the cheque. :confused:

Without a claim number I don't think I can even ring the Court to find out whats happening.

Any ideas please??

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi all

Quick update - still nothing from the Court, but just checked online, and the cheque for the Court fee has gone through today (teehee) so something has happened at least.

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi all

Got my Notice of Issue this morning:

Claim issued 22/06/07

Sent to Defendant 28/06/07

Deemed served today 30/06/07

Abbey have to repond by 16/07/07

Grrrr! Lost a week there, but heyho at least it's done.

I didn't get my copy of the N1 back though. Do you think I should call the Court on Monday about this, as I really need it. :confused:

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

yeah give court a ring......jus quote ur name address and who defendant are an tell them that you hav'nt recieved N1 back and they'll send you a stamped copy............that's what i did

good luck

Hello my lovely Jo!

I can see a lot has happened since I last visited! Well done on getting your N1 served and acknowledged. :)

I'm rooting for you as you know, all the way (to the bank - hee hee) and hope shAbbey offer to settle with you before 16/7.

I sent my LBA to shAbbey this week as you know, so I am counting down until I can file at court, as you have. Oh the tedium of waiting :(

Let me know if I can help in any way. As you know I am here to offer my support.

I will "speak" to you later, as always. :)

deedee xx

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hi deedee :)

Thanks as always for your support and assistance.

Makes me feel really guilty - you have so much going on and can still take the time out to help me. :o

I hope I can reciprocate in some small way.

Take care & lotsa luv

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi deedee :)

Thanks as always for your support and assistance.

Makes me feel really guilty - you have so much going on and can still take the time out to help me. :o

I hope I can reciprocate in some small way.

Take care & lotsa luv

Jo xx

I'm going to hold you to that! :p I will be filing N1 myself on 13/7/2007 if I hear nothing from Abbey, so be prepared for lots of virtual hand-holding.

BTW I've not seen Simon online today. I'm going to send him a PM later I hope he's ok as it sounds as though he over exerted himself yesterday. :(

Anyway my love I'm off to start a new thread relating to all the fun I am having with Robinson Way and Horwich Farrelly with regards to CCA requests. I knew cleaning up my credit file and re-claiming my money from the shaBanks was going to be hard but my goodness, didn't realise I would have to deal with complete imbeciles too :eek:

I'll catch up with you later.

deedee xx

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hey Jo.

I hope you don't mind. This guy really needs some serious reassurance and seems to be alone on his thread. Mercantile Court - Hbukowski v Abbey

I've read other threads and seem to get the impression that because the Abbey Forum is so big, people are not as friendly. :( That's not true as I met you and a few other CAG buddies, in this particular forum :D

Can anyone else who is subscribing to mine and Jo's threads please pop over and offer any advice and support? I am not as far along yet, so can't really advise him from an experienced point of view but from what I have read, he has done everything correctly.

Thank you Abbey Forum members. You're the best!

deedee xx

My threads

Hi all

Just a quick update - I finally received a copy of the N1 back this morning; the Court had lost my copy! :(

Abbey only have until Monday to respond, and I have not heard a peep yet! Maybe they are so bogged down they will forget to acknowledge (fingers crossed!)

Questions;

Say the Court receive their response after Monday, but it is dated before the 16th, does this still count?

And if there is nothing by Tuesday, can I put in the Request for Judgement straight away?

I know I am jumping the gun a bit thinking on these lines, but you never know.

Also panicking because we go on holiday on the 21st - can't believe its that close now! - and don't want anything to happen while I am away.

Any thoughts?

Jo xx

ps Deedee, I had already looked at Hanks thread, but couldnt help, so I posted a message of support and he clicked my scales! What a sweetie - all I said was sorry I can't help!:o

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hey Jo.

At least you went to show Hank some support which he appreciates. with regards to your N1, as far as I am aware the original timelines should still stand despite the court's "administrative error". Someone please correct if this is not the case.

As before you might be better off calling the court to see if you can go for judgement on 16/7.

I'm preparing my POC now as I intend to send it on Thursday so it arrives at Lambeth CC on Friday!

Let me know how you get on.

Dxx

My threads

Hi Deedee

Yes, its okay on the N1 - it all went through fine, it was just my copy that they were supposed to stamp and send back to me that disappeared in the ether!

I was being over-optimistic that the copy served on the Abbey would do the same thing!;)

Good luck with yours, not that you need it!

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi all

Just a quick update - I finally received a copy of the N1 back this morning; the Court had lost my copy! :(

Abbey only have until Monday to respond, and I have not heard a peep yet! Maybe they are so bogged down they will forget to acknowledge (fingers crossed!)

Questions;

Say the Court receive their response after Monday, but it is dated before the 16th, does this still count?

By rights they should have lost by default, but they too often seem to get away with submitting acknowledgment of claim and defence late

And if there is nothing by Tuesday, can I put in the Request for Judgement straight away?

Not 100% but i think its 2 days after cant remember where i read this though so may not be accurate

I know I am jumping the gun a bit thinking on these lines, but you never know.

Also panicking because we go on holiday on the 21st - can't believe its that close now! - and don't want anything to happen while I am away.

You should be fine if they are true to form they will submit acknowledgment on the 15th, this then gives them a further 14 days to defend so they will then submit the defence on the 28th it will then take a week or two until you receive the AQ from the court

Any thoughts?

Jo xx

ps Deedee, I had already looked at Hanks thread, but couldnt help, so I posted a message of support and he clicked my scales! What a sweetie - all I said was sorry I can't help!:o

:madgrin:

Hi ICY

Thank you for that - really appreciate it. :)

No more funnies from me ok - this rock on my back is too heavy! ;)

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

No worries, be as funny as you want to be, just account for my rather slow days pmsl

This is what abbey and aSShursts do you to your mind hehehehe

either that or its my advancing years, well i am the wrong side of 30 pmsl

:madgrin:

Hey Jo.

I'm about to complete my N1 for Abbey - yikes. I am feeling distinctly unconfident. Jo - I feel some virtual hand holding coming on. I will post my POC up when I have done it.

Will you have a look later please?

deedee

My threads

Hi honey

Oh my goodness - you are asking me for assurance?? ;)

Seriously, anything, and I mean anything, I can do, I will - you know that.

If I could find a smiley for holding hands I would put it here!:)

Of course I will have a look, but I am supremely confident that it will be an absolute corker!

Keep smiling

Jo xxxxxx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Yes - it's me looking for reassurance. I did tell you that this day would come. ;)

I also want to know the following;

I wrote to Abbey about two separate accounts. So I have sent prelims and LBAs for these two accounts as separate claims but in the same envelope.

1.Should I now combine them for my N1? If I do, it takes me to £3819.87 so it is under the £5000 limit for Small Claims.

2. Should I still pursue them as separate claims? I know I can get the money back but I am still 2 weeks away from my first paycheck so money is really tight.

What should I do?

deedee x

My threads

DeeDee

Combine them but make sure that they are easily seen as separate accounts

Dont worry, you will be fine

Lula XX

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks Lula.

I will post again in a while under my thread deedee1310 v Abbey, showing what I have done. :confused::(:p

deedee x

My threads

Well there you go - there's me researching and just about to post back with the info.

Thank you very much Lula - you're a star as always :)

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009